• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvels Project #1 Variant Ebay Help

35 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

So, I just got two Marvels Project #1 Variants from eBay and the seller promised a grade of "NM+". However, when I got the comics today, there was obvious spine wear. I left my feedback saying the comics were VF+/NM- which was accurate. But I got a message from the seller saying that ALL the issues have the spine wear and they would still grade a CGC 9.8. I have posted a couple pics of one of the comics (the other is pretty much identical) and my question is...Is this guy telling the truth, do 'ALL' of these have a printing problem with the spine, or is he full of ****? Thanks in advance.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Jerome

My understanding of spines that are like that fall under production defects and don't effect the grade. Mine are not as bad as that but have a little bit of that going on and is normal.

Hey guys,

So, I just got two Marvels Project #1 Variants from eBay and the seller promised a grade of "NM+". However, when I got the comics today, there was obvious spine wear. I left my feedback saying the comics were VF+/NM- which was accurate. But I got a message from the seller saying that ALL the issues have the spine wear and they would still grade a CGC 9.8. I have posted a couple pics of one of the comics (the other is pretty much identical) and my question is...Is this guy telling the truth, do 'ALL' of these have a printing problem with the spine, or is he full of ****? Thanks in advance.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Jerome

He is 100% accurate in his statement.

I have had at least 100 copies pass through my hands and less than 10 of them had little or no "cracking " in the spine.

It's a production issue, CGC doesn't downgrade for it unless the spine is split all the way into the interior comic.

I have personally subbed 25 sketch covers that looked just like yours and I got a CGC 9.8 every single time.

Awesome, thanks so much guys. I'll honor his request and edit my feedback. Apparently I can't remove it? Well anyway I added that considering the printing defect, the book is NM and it is. Of course, he has the nerve to tell me the 'responsible' thing was to contact him. I aruge, no on that one. I said it was his responsibility to state that in the auction because not everyone (me :)) knows about the defect...*rolleyes*

Jerome

I'm no expert but even I wouldn't have thought similar copies like yours could get a 9.8. Sometimes, cracking could look like spine creaes. in such cases, will one still get a high grade like 9.8?

Any experts could share on what 9.8 contenders should be like? A bit off topic though lol

I'm no expert but even I wouldn't have thought similar copies like yours could get a 9.8. Sometimes, cracking could look like spine creaes. in such cases, will one still get a high grade like 9.8?

Any experts could share on what 9.8 contenders should be like? A bit off topic though lol

Go about 3-4 posts up to my post. (thumbs u

It's a production defect - as has been mentioned earlier, CGC pretty much ignores this defect unlesss you're talking about a complete, multi-inch spine split.

I've owned 25 copies of this book - every single one looked like the picture the OP showed off, and every single one that's been slabbed so far has come back a 9.8.

Awesome, thanks so much guys. I'll honor his request and edit my feedback. Apparently I can't remove it? Well anyway I added that considering the printing defect, the book is NM and it is. Of course, he has the nerve to tell me the 'responsible' thing was to contact him. I aruge, no on that one. I said it was his responsibility to state that in the auction because not everyone (me :)) knows about the defect...*rolleyes*

Jerome

It is still NM+ even with the defect so it does not need to be further explained in the auction. I have sold over 50 copies of that book on eBay and never have I had any issues. As I said in the email and again in the post above simply put you should of contacted me first.

WTTB and WTEbay, keep this up and you wont make many eBay sellers very happy with you.

Of course, he has the nerve to tell me the 'responsible' thing was to contact him.

It was - leaving bad feedback without giving the seller a chance to explain what's going on is lame.

Please post your ebay username in the thread, so I can add you to my block list on ebay - thanks.

Of course, he has the nerve to tell me the 'responsible' thing was to contact him.

It was - leaving bad feedback without giving the seller a chance to explain what's going on is lame.

Please post your ebay username in the thread, so I can add you to my block list on ebay - thanks.

(worship)

His user name is the same as his board name here.

(worship)

:luhv: