• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stronguy's art from SDCC

9 posts in this topic

I didn't really go to SD to get art but that's all I came back with. I got something from every person who's list I was on.

Picked up the cover to Li'l Pals #4 from Anthony Snyder. Can't pass up getting an early '70s Marvel cover whenever you can.

LilPals_004_cvr_SGoldberg.jpg

The first guy I saw was Franchesco. I didn't really intend to get on his list but we had a really good conversation and I decided to see what he could do. Even though this was the first list I was on it was the last piece I picked up at con.

Franchesco_SpaceGirl.jpg

Next I happened by David Miller's table. He's usually a cheesecake artist but I liked his renderings. I asked him to a space girl and it clicked with him. I had to ask him not to make it slutty.

MillerD_SpaceGirl.jpg

Buzz showed up on Thursday morning and, after having stood me up in Chicago, we worked out what to do. He was not set up on Saturday (my last day there) because the tables were so crowded. Instead he worked on this most of the day in his hotel room. I met him at midnight at the bar to pick it up. Everyone at his table (including the 3 Adams boys) were passing it around and loved it. Very nice job, Buzz.

Buzz_SpaceGirl.jpg

Thursday I just happened to walk by Bill Sienkiewicz' table (at the back of the room facing a brick wall) while he was unpacking; no sign, no banner, just him at a table. I asked if he was taking a list and he said yes. I described what I was looking for and I saw it click with him, then we worked out a price. I paid him in advance and knew there was a chance that money was gone forever. Much to my surprise, when I went back the next day, he had finished it. I was totally blown away. This one is going on the wall.

Sienkiewicz_SpaceGirl.jpg

I was also able to get on Mark Brooks' list. He was randomly picking pieces off it to do and really knocking them out of the park. Lisa called me on Saturday and said he was going to do mine; hoped to be done that evening. By 6 PM he had finished the blueline. Since I didn't want him to rush it I told them I would pick it up from them when they come to Dallas next month. Now to wait... :frustrated:

These are left overs from C2E2 that I never posted.

Ethan Van Sciver

VanSciver_SpaceGirl.jpg

Stewart Sayger

Sayger_SpaceGirl.jpg