• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone here into Anime, Manga?

51 posts in this topic

Then in middle school Toonami started to air. I was really upset they were gonna show Tenchi Muyo on T.V, I had the series on laser disk and knew it wasn't a kids show.

I always thought it was funny how they would discreetly censor the show.

For example when they were drinking booze they called it ''tea'' but at the time I thought tea doesn't cause your ''cheeks to turn red and make you stumble'' unless it's a long Island. lol

Anime: Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist, any Hayao Miyazaki films, Appleseed movies

Manga: Youtsuba, Azumanga Daioh

oh yeah , quite a fan . like the older stuff more tho.

some of the best

Got first hooked on it thru Starblazers & Captain Harlock.

Really enjoyed Evangelion though a bit confusing at times.

stuff of legend (perhaps tad bit of exaggeration here) :

Akira

Ghost in the shell (original)

Fist of the north star

Ninja scroll

Rurouni Kenshin

not to mention the miyazaki stuff (thumbs u

Manga - there are several but Lone Wolf and Cub stands apart. Truly timeless

stuff of legend (perhaps tad bit of exaggeration here) :

Akira

Ghost in the shell (original)

Fist of the north star

Ninja scroll

^^

The Street Fighter movie was pretty badazz too.

I've tried a few manga books, but unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I tend to gravitate to the clean art style that's typically used in action/humor books that focus on fan service.

I tried Deathnote, but I thought it lost a lot of steam after the second volume.

I really enjoyed Gyakushu, but after publishing 2 volumes, T-pop is only selling volume 3 online.

Yes, although not really extensively on either count.

I've read manga for over 20 years now, picking up on a lot of the first wave reprints when they hit these shores. Lone Wolf and Cub is the best comic series of all time. I know that much.

Right now the only title I'm reading is Fullmetal Alchemist.

Anime, I mostly watch the heavyweights (ro works based on the heavyweights)- Satoshi Kon, Miyazaki, Otomo, Masamune Shirow.

For TV shows, I'm watching the new Fullmetal Alchemist (notice a trend?) and am looking forward to new The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya material as soon as it's available to me..

My mistake was reading Lone Wolf and Cub as my first manga. The bar was set too high and every manga I've read since disappoints...

The same also applied for my first anime series (Cowboy Bebop), but not to such a high degree.

My mistake was reading Lone Wolf and Cub as my first manga. The bar was set too high and every manga I've read since disappoints...

The same also applied for my first anime series (Cowboy Bebop), but not to such a high degree.

I love cowboy bebop. I still listen to the soundtrack albums. A perfect series for me.

Man, it's been so long that I forgot your name. Isn't your first name the name of one of the Turtles?

xoxo

greggy

Man, it's been so long that I forgot your name. Isn't your first name the name of one of the Turtles?

xoxo

greggy

Raphael :grin:

Been a long time Greg! I've been lurking a little bit the past few days and finally decided to come out of the shell. I've pretty much stopped collecting, but glad to see this community is still going strong.

Anime: Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Full Metal Alchemist, any Hayao Miyazaki films, Appleseed movies

Manga: Youtsuba, Azumanga Daioh

You just named the benchmarks and all are the best plus Deathnote. (thumbs u

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I have bought nearly the entire Akira run, I'm missing the hard to find issues and one common one. Haven't started reading it yet. Got my stack at a serious deal so I bought it. I'll probably read through it before deciding if I want to drop the funds on the last few issues.

I also am interested in Lone Wolf And Cub. In fact, just talking about these older titles reminds me of all the Eclipse manga comics I used to buy. I didn't follow anything specifically, I bought them out of quarter bins. I did like a couple of them though.