• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2011 SDCC 4 day passes

42 posts in this topic

What % of the fans at SDCC were female? Seems like they were clogging up the hallway line ups, sleeping on the carpet or outside Hall H, and filling up the shuttle buses more than men. Great business for anime, manga, :juggle: cosplay, dvd/toy vendors.

What % of the fans at SDCC were female? Seems like they were clogging up the hallway line ups, sleeping on the carpet or outside Hall H, and filling up the shuttle buses more than men. Great business for anime, manga, :juggle: cosplay, dvd/toy vendors.

God bless the Vampire books and movies. The guy-only stereotype is gone. It was great seeing a real mix of ages and it seems at least a quarter of attendees were female.

I'd say more than a quarter, and what I really like about SDCC are the number of families in attendance. Lots of little kids in superhero outfits riding on their dad's shoulders.

This is wildly_fanciful_statement !! :sumo:

So now.....the only people who can buy full memberships for the show next year are people who were at the show this year. It has just become an exclusive club. No new people will EVER be able to buy in.......cuz way more than 15,000 people are already there planning for the next year. ERRRRR. :mad::mad:

So now.....the only people who can buy full memberships for the show next year are people who were at the show this year. It has just become an exclusive club. No new people will EVER be able to buy in.......cuz way more than 15,000 people are already there planning for the next year. ERRRRR. :mad::mad:

It's just preview night.

It's just preview night.

Preview night is over-rated. Thursday and Friday are the best days of the con in my opinion.

It's just preview night.

Preview night is over-rated. Thursday and Friday are the best days of the con in my opinion.

Agreed....preview night just means that you eat late or not at all because most places close early.

xoxo

greggy

It's just preview night.

I like preview night, but it is almost exclusively a scouting expedition. I don't care about the freebies or exclusives (probably because they never have playing cards on them), but I like to go to get a quick look at everything and it helps me get a better picture of the place for planning out the rest of the week. Of course, I will hit up all the dealer walls just in case they have something I need to snag before it disappears.

I guess-timate that there are at least another 85,000 Preview tix that they can sell. The SDCC attendance is capped at 125,000 separate attendees per DAY, not all week long. That is why the line ups for Vampiric True Blood tv series is at least 3-4 hours long and fans that will line up for seminars they are not interested in for up to 8 hrs to see the Thor and Cap Marvel movie preview they REALLY want to see (stabbing in the eye is optional). :P

I guess-timate that there are at least another 85,000 Preview tix that they can sell. The SDCC attendance is capped at 125,000 separate attendees per DAY, not all week long. That is why the line ups for Vampiric True Blood tv series is at least 3-4 hours long and fans that will line up for seminars they are not interested in for up to 8 hrs to see the Thor and Cap Marvel movie preview they REALLY want to see (stabbing in the eye is optional). :P

You sure it's 125K per day? If that were the case, what would be the point of selling any 4 day passes without preview night? They must be capping it for a reason.

The 125,000 "attend annually." That is for the week.

If you have ever been to sold out football game, such as a Rose Bowl, and tried to imagine them all in the relatively small confines of the SDCC, it would be disaster. Hall H holds 6,500 people and creates those monster lines. Thinking there are five times that many people there adds up, thinking there are 20 times as many people there, not so much.

But the fire marshall caps attendance at 125,000 ppl and most of them have 4 day passes but not all are offered the golden bonus :foryou: ticket of Preview Wednesday. That means up to 125,000 separate attendees may be jamming the aisles of SDCC per sweaty :sick: DAY. Their website in the past has specifically explained that they do not aggregate attendance for the week.

stupid, looks like I will pass on SDCC next year and go to NYCC

Just because you'll miss preview night?

Absolutely. Preview night is the time to check out dealers, buy art, and do other stuff that would most likely be gone on thursday if you don't get there immediately.

It's just preview night.

I like preview night, but it is almost exclusively a scouting expedition. I don't care about the freebies or exclusives (probably because they never have playing cards on them), but I like to go to get a quick look at everything and it helps me get a better picture of the place for planning out the rest of the week. Of course, I will hit up all the dealer walls just in case they have something I need to snag before it disappears.

My thoughts exactly PK. I always liked preview night. Its an extra few hours of con awesomeness for one thing but mostly I use it for recon, and picking off a book or two before the masses arrive. Also....the dealers are more fresh. I mean not wore out and tired from the human bombardment that is to come.....and I'm able to say Hi and talk a little with you dealers. The Con didn't always have preview night and I don't know when it started......but I first went to the con in 1977 just after HS graduation ......and am getting kinda worried that I might miss the last show in SD if it moves somewhere else :(

I missed this year...internetwise...can someone point me in the right direction to get my tickets for next year...I just wanna buy a few Fri-Sat...I aint greedy...

Lodging: Check!

Vehicle: Check!

Cool T: Check!

Tickets... Oh no!!!!!

I missed this year...internetwise...can someone point me in the right direction to get my tickets for next year...I just wanna buy a few Fri-Sat...I aint greedy...

Tickets... Oh no!!!!!

Internet sales haven't started yet, but www.comic-con.org says soon.

Tickets... Oh no!!!!!

Internet sales haven't started yet, but www.comic-con.org says soon.

:popcorn:

[quote=greggy

Preview night is over-rated. Thursday and Friday are the best days of the con in my opinion. Agreed....preview night just means that you eat late or not at all because most places close early.

xoxo

greggy

Gotta watch that Greggy! Tried to steal my lunch Saturday at Fred's Mexican!!!