• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 70's books...

65 posts in this topic

35 cent variants. Sci-Fi, Horror, Toon and Westerns in that order.

I actually tend to think Toons are harder to find myself then Westerns, but I will concede to the masses.

There are no horror 35's :makepoint:

The closest to sci-fi are 2001 and star wars. (Star Wars is not rare) :baiting:

Of course toons are harder than westerns just based on five westerns vs two toons. :roflmao:

Lets stop talking about books I am looking for. :tonofbricks:

(war, western, and Hanna Barbara is the correct answer)

At Shield Agent's recommendation. This is one of a kind.

DrStrange1998FC.jpg

You mean it's the only Doctor Strange #19 30 center that exists....?

:o

;)

Weeeelllll, it is certainly the only one that has been labeled as such.

These two with the Big Jim one hardly ever seen , I had the Big Jim one when I was a kid, Dr. Steel was my favorite action figure.

EvelKnievelSpecial.JPG

bigjimcover.jpg

Evel Knievel is pretty common.

Big Jim PACK is pretty tough to find but they turn up on eBay several times a year. I only had to look for about a month to find mine.

On that same topic, Star Team is pretty tough (but still not on par with Supergear).

102147.jpg.a11a5fa387a4685c343d5205182aae5b.jpg

I had never seen a Star team until I came to the Boards. I was lucky enough to get mark arrand's undercopy. I still don't have a copy of Big Jim because most of the time they are really worn copies.

Big Jim PACK is pretty tough to find but they turn up on eBay several times a year. I only had to look for about a month to find mine.

On that same topic, Star Team is pretty tough (but still not on par with Supergear).

I now want a Star Team

Whats the going rate ?

(and who has one for sale??) :)

I now want a Star Team

Whats the going rate ?

Haven't seen one in a long time. I got lucky and found mine on MyComic shop. I think I paid $20 or so for it but, honestly, they could make them at $100 and still sell it. They turn up every now and then but you have to look regularly.

102155.jpg.86f8895a9987531f1017dbef1fdda75b.jpg

102156.jpg.06aabdfac79c9474bf3b80ea00524425.jpg

102157.jpg.b5f34ffac32b275d5ea838dfc229ccc5.jpg

102158.jpg.e9421a42dbf0dc07a5eb6206c740e75b.jpg

102159.jpg.085505493b6e2c58813522a777605bf3.jpg

I've been looking for these two Fireside books for at least 10 years:

Marvel Superheroes Cook Book Hardcover

Mysteries in Space Hardcover

I have never seen either one (I have the rest of the Fireside set), but have heard from people that they have seen them, and that they do exist.

I would pay well for a copy of either one.

Tim

I now want a Star Team

Whats the going rate ?

Haven't seen one in a long time. I got lucky and found mine on MyComic shop. I think I paid $20 or so for it but, honestly, they could make them at $100 and still sell it. They turn up every now and then but you have to look regularly.

Thanks for the info and for the full story!

I've been looking for these two Fireside books for at least 10 years:

Marvel Superheroes Cook Book Hardcover

Mysteries in Space Hardcover

I have never seen either one (I have the rest of the Fireside set), but have heard from people that they have seen them, and that they do exist.

I would pay well for a copy of either one.

Tim

I have only seen the Best of DC Romance one in Hardcover. It was pricey too. Good luck on your continued search

Thanks nocutename.

Is the book you're talking about called Heart Throbs?

If so, I do have that one. It's considered the toughest to find, but that's only because I don't think most Fireside collectors believe the two books above exist.

I would love to hear any stories confirming they do indeed exist. The Cook Book HC was listed in the in-house Marvel ads, but again, I have never seen one.

35 cent variants. Sci-Fi, Horror, Toon and Westerns in that order.

I actually tend to think Toons are harder to find myself then Westerns, but I will concede to the masses.

There are no horror 35's :makepoint:

The closest to sci-fi are 2001 and star wars. (Star Wars is not rare) :baiting:

Of course toons are harder than westerns just based on five westerns vs two toons. :roflmao:

Lets stop talking about books I am looking for. :tonofbricks:

(war, western, and Hanna Barbara is the correct answer)

Bah :boo: I did forget War my bad. Id put it just after Horror.

As if you didnt have enough copies you OCD freak. :insane: