• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman # 1 on Yahoo

34 posts in this topic

Interesting story.

On a side note, I like seeing the efforts that Heritage and Metro/Comicconnect are making to promote the hobby. Over the past couple of years we have seen a nice uptick in coverage by the MSM. Granted, the $1 million sales helped a lot, but it sure is nice to see even a "lowly" $40K book garnering this attention.

it is my tribute to greggy... and since about every 5th post he actually types words, so will I (thumbs u

It's a good way to pad your post count. :baiting:

On a side note, I like seeing the efforts that Heritage and Metro/Comicconnect are making to promote the hobby. Over the past couple of years we have seen a nice uptick in coverage by the MSM. Granted, the $1 million sales helped a lot, but it sure is nice to see even a "lowly" $40K book garnering this attention.

I think there's something pretty interesting to this issue under the surface as well, because I think it's at least in part due to the rise of the importance of the auction format to the hobby.

Greater transparency in the transaction (the various percentages involved and prices paid are not treated as closely-held / proprietary info, at least to the extent that they once were) facilitates the spread of hard info in the hobby and makes greater publicity possible and of benefit to both the seller and the house or dealer.

It'll be interesting to see if this ever catches on in OA.

it is my tribute to greggy... and since about every 5th post he actually types words, so will I (thumbs u

:banana:

:screwy:

anyone that knows me knows I don't give a rats arse about post counts... I am here because I want to be and because we can hopefully share some knowledge, learn a little bit and kill some daylight hours lol

anyone that knows me knows I don't give a rats arse about post counts... I am here because I want to be and because we can hopefully share some knowledge, learn a little bit and kill some daylight hours lol

:o

:foryou: