• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are the Mad Magazine collectors?
10 10

1,272 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

@Tri-ColorBrian you mentioned that you bought many of your Mad off the stands

did you also buy Cracked? Did you like. Cracked at all⁉️

I bought some Cracked mags. Wern't quite as good but had some nice art, especially John Severin. The early ones stole the cover boarder from the early MAD issues. There were a whole lot more MAD rip off mags but MAD is still the best. 

11 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

@Tri-ColorBrian you mentioned that you bought many of your Mad off the stands

did you also buy Cracked? Did you like. Cracked at all⁉️

Never bought Cracked or Sick...but i own a few...now...

Edited by Tri-ColorBrian

18 minutes ago, N e r V said:

Since Kennedy won perhaps more of his copies sold while Nixon sat on newsstands later to be destroyed resulting in fewer Nixon copies?

Maybe...I don't know, but the back cover of the Nixon issue is the same as the front except it congratulates Kennedy on his win.  lol  Typical Mad humor...

Was digging in one of my boxes of undercopies and found some of these MAD imators. All from the late 1950's. Most are pretty obscure and hard to find. I am too lazy to dig out my nice copies but these will suffice to give you an idea of what other ones were published during this time.

Here are a few single digit Cracked Mags. Note the MAD border ripoff... The last one is #7 which features #1-6 on the cover.

crackedmag2.jpg

crackedmag6.jpg

crackedmag7.jpg

I like this one a lot. Thimk  Short run but great art. As with many, it features Frankenstein as you will see. As many do, it parodies TV shows and American culture from the 1950's era. Of note... I also have this super rare Thimk mail away membership pin. Only one I know of.

thminkmag.jpg

thimkpin.jpg