• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 50 shenanigans on Pedigree?

529 posts in this topic

Thanks, Rich! I did want to correct one thing--- the sale price it was $13,400.00. Missed a zero there on my first post ever in the chat rooms! I guess I was nervous in the midst of such great intelligence.

On a related side note, this brings me to wonder why this exact copy has sold 3 times in the last 6 months and is for sale once again hm

Thanks, Rich! I did want to correct one thing--- the sale price it was $13,400.00. Missed a zero there on my first post ever in the chat rooms! I guess I was nervous in the midst of such great intelligence.

On a related side note, this brings me to wonder why this exact copy has sold 3 times in the last 6 months and is for sale once again hm

You cursed it :baiting:

You cursed it :baiting:

Clearly :tonofbricks:

Like I said if the current owner just doesn't want it, mail it back to me :devil:

Why would the thread need to be deleted? (shrug)

Because the accusations were way off base and the mess storm that followed was completely unneccesary?

Which is why I edited my post. The mess storm that followed wasn't a mess storm. It looked to me like people discussing ethics in comics. Your definition of mess storm must differ from mine.

Well that's certaintly being a bit vague don't you think? Almost as vague as the title of the thread. meh The pot shots at Doug that followed were not necessary. I'm not defending his prior actions but I also like to be fair. Like I said earlier I don't enjoy the constant ripping about his disbarment especially when its sparked by accusations of "shenanigans" that have been proven to be completely false. How would you feel if the tables were turned?

Glad someone else speaks up about it

Oh my God. lol

Why would the thread need to be deleted? (shrug)

Because the accusations were way off base and the mess storm that followed was completely unneccesary?

Which is why I edited my post. The mess storm that followed wasn't a mess storm. It looked to me like people discussing ethics in comics. Your definition of mess storm must differ from mine.

Well that's certaintly being a bit vague don't you think? Almost as vague as the title of the thread. meh The pot shots at Doug that followed were not necessary. I'm not defending his prior actions but I also like to be fair. Like I said earlier I don't enjoy the constant ripping about his disbarment especially when its sparked by accusations of "shenanigans" that have been proven to be completely false. How would you feel if the tables were turned?

Frankly I'd feel like I got what I deserved. Are you even remotely aware of what he did? The seriousness of it? The disbarment is a HUGE ethical issue. HUGE. Ask the people's whose lives he ruined and completely disrupted how they felt. 48 counts. Please don't dismiss disbarment like it was a retail theft when he was 13.

Brian I'm not downplaying the disbarment at all, my problem if with the how these kinds of threads quickly go down the gutter. Every time one of these threads start people are all to quick to start shooting and then ask questions later, if at all. I'd like to think that most of us would be a little more fair and hear the facts before they start to fling mud, that's all.

Okay, that's fair.

Ok fine whatever but I think you are missing my point.

Forget what ended his legal career......

Was his attempt to slip a Ewert book (THAT HE KNEW WAS TRIMMED) past CGC not enough to question his ethics as a comic book dealer? (shrug)

Was his attempt to slip a Ewert book (THAT HE KNEW WAS TRIMMED) past CGC not enough to question his ethics as a comic book dealer? (shrug)

Chris please. How many times to I have to say that I am not excusing his prior behaviour or downplaying any of it but THESE accusations have been proven to be completely false and the mob mentality that followed wasn't necessary-that's it!

You know there are some boardies that have been caught shilling yet they still are held in high regard while other have been run off the boards.

Very salient point Chris.

Leaving the disbarment out of the equation, this action here would get most people the tar and feathers.

But, it seems as though since Doug is a "nice guy" and is "good to me" and has "always been nice on the phone" this is overlooked.

Chris please. How many times to I have to say that I am not excusing his prior behaviour or downplaying any of it but THESE accusations have been proven to be completely false and the mob mentality that followed wasn't necessary-that's it!

You know there are some boardies that have been caught shilling yet they still are held in high regard while other have been run off the boards.

It is true that THESE have been proven wrong.

However Pete it is easy enough for people to make the leap of logic (wrongly in this case) that something funny was going on.

That is due to the fact that Doug has had many transgressions and shady dealings that his actions warrant a closer look. Modus Operandi and all that.

In the micro view this FF 50 thing is legit

In the macro view his actions have earned him a close watch from the boards.

It is true that THESE have been proven wrong.

However Pete it is easy enough for people to make the leap of logic (wrongly in this case) that something funny was going on.

That is due to the fact that Doug has had many transgressions and shady dealings that his actions warrant a closer look. Modus Operandi and all that.

In the micro view this FF 50 thing is legit

In the macro view his actions have earned him a close watch from the boards.

That's the problem in a nutshell Pete. Once you've done the things Doug has done, you no longer get the benefit of the doubt. Sometimes it's fair, other times it isn't, but regardless, sometimes your past actions earn you a certain response.

On the other hand I agree that on the whole, we ought to not bring out the pitchforks, Doug, like Ewert or Dupcak etc., get less benefit of the doubt.

Oh my God. lol

he wasn't referencing you, dillweed doh!

Not sure if this was ever answered, but I'm pretty sure it is illegal (against the law) in several states, New York (CLink) and California (Ebay/Paypal) being the biggies. Josh was charging an illegal 3% and if you put "If you use Paypal you have to pay an extra 3%" in an Ebay auction it will be pulled down/cancelled.

Why the HECK would the law get involved with this at all? ???

Hey Kevin!

Kevin's legit.

(thumbs u

Leaving the disbarment out of the equation, this action here would get most people the tar and feathers.

But, it seems as though since Doug is a "nice guy" and is "good to me" and has "always been nice on the phone" this is overlooked.

hey Arex, don't forget "has some nice books that I need" :makepoint:

hey Arex, don't forget "has some nice books that I need" :makepoint:[/quotE]

Bo. Storms said it best with the people would buy fromthe devil if he had books they needed