• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 50 shenanigans on Pedigree?

529 posts in this topic

Unfortunately the moral focus of our society has changed with the progressive movement.

30 years ago, if someone got screwed in a verbal agreement, the screw-er was damned for going back on his word.

Now, if someone gets screwed in a verbal agreement, the screw-ee gets damned because he was too stupid to get it in writing. Even if he did, depending on which judge hears the case, the screw-er can still walk away without a scratch.

This is so true. You forgot to mention that you also often get an earful for not closing the deal before the seller has time to back out of a verbal agreement.

It's known as being Roy'd.

:cry:

Immediately followed by Roy'd Rage.

Probably because Mark (unlike Kevin) came on here and told us that he is willing to deal with not only folks who screw him but also those who haven't yet, as evidenced by the quotes below.

I don't disagree with you that Mark's head was up his pooper making those remarks. But isn't someone like Kevin, who consigns with Doug, implicitly agreeing with Mark simply by doing business with Pedigree at all? Whether or not Kevin decides to publicly mouth off in a thread and people off is irrelevant to the fact that he is doing with business with Doug, thereby contributing to the person who is the target of all this ire in this thread.

Again, no dog in this fight, but it just didn't seem fair to admonish one person for doing business with Doug (though they throw around toolish remarks) and not another. :shrug:

I personally don't see the difference between the two. Neither is guilty of a heinous crime, but neither is helping their fellow collectors.

I sell a ton of books to Doug.

Kick my off of these boards.

Probably because Mark (unlike Kevin) came on here and told us that he is willing to deal with not only folks who screw him but also those who haven't yet, as evidenced by the quotes below.

I don't disagree with you that Mark's head was up his pooper making those remarks. But isn't someone like Kevin, who consigns with Doug, implicitly agreeing with Mark simply by doing business with Pedigree at all? Whether or not Kevin decides to publicly mouth off in a thread and people off is irrelevant to the fact that he is doing with business with Doug, thereby contributing to the person who is the target of all this ire in this thread.

Again, no dog in this fight, but it just didn't seem fair to admonish one person for doing business with Doug (though they throw around toolish remarks) and not another. :shrug:

I personally don't see the difference between the two. Neither is guilty of a heinous crime, but neither is helping their fellow collectors.

:popcorn:

I love a parade . . .

I sing and I dance, to the beat of a drum

I love a parade.

Judy Garland?

Chevy Chase

Same difference...

Are you implying he's a friend of Dorothy? :eek:

Why do you want to know ?

Immediately followed by Roy'd Rage.

lol That is clever.

I give all the credit to Sal.

I'd completely forgotten about that word...will have to remember to use it again here and there :cloud9:

I was recently Roy'd again. By the same person that Roy'd me last year.

:tonofbricks:

The scru-job was good enuff that you went back for seconds?

I'd completely forgotten about that word...will have to remember to use it again here and there :cloud9:

I was recently Roy'd again. By the same person that Roy'd me last year.

:tonofbricks:

The scru-job was good enuff that you went back for seconds?

Benefit of the doubt 1st time round. Second time, not so much.

hm

I've been wondering why there was no maximum height requirement here?

We obviously need to work on that;) :baiting:

and why are you NOT going to Wizard World?

I am going to Baltimore the next week and I just can't be gone from the store for two straight weeks.

I am going to Baltimore the next week and I just can't be gone from the store for two straight weeks.

*sniff* :cry:

I'll sure miss seeing you!

*sniff* :cry:

I'll sure miss seeing you!

:whatev:

What? You never got Roy'd by me.

Not since high school have I felt the way you made me feel today.

He comes on here and sees a bunch of (to him) anonymous people bashing Doug and wants to (at least in some part) defend him based on his personal past dealings. However, what he doesn't know but what us old timers know, is the other side of the story regarding Pedigree.

He knew it, he said he knew it earlier in the thread. I totally agree with you except that he did it out of ignorance of Doug's past...he did it because of the rampant exaggerations of Doug's actions. He's getting compared to the devil and Dupcak and called an ex-con, all of which exaggerate how he's operating in comics.

I can't morally judge him holding money out on his clients without more info...if that's as bad as it could have been, you'd think he WOULD have gone to jail. He was a personal injury attorney...it could be as bad as that client he held out on for two years had to sell their house to pay for medical bills, in which case he's clearly morally bankrupt, or it could be he disbursed $1 mil and held back $500K, I don't have any idea. That whole thing could be isolated to an ethical breach, or it could spill soundly into a moral and legal breach as well. (shrug)

I am surprised you would opine such drivel without at least having read the court's decison on appeal. meh

What? You never got Roy'd by me.

Not since high school have I felt the way you made me feel today.

Are you going to Baltimore. I'd be happy to Roy you there.

I have a bachelors degree in Communications, I would be willing to bet that my reading skills far exceed yours my friend.

[/color]

WOW, a bachelor's degree....Bet again and i'm not your friend.

Well at least I told the truth about myself. I could have done like many others do in this forum and lied. I could have said I had multiple masters degrees and was an astronaut for NASA. I know a bachelor's degree is nothing more than a piece of paper that says I completed so many years sitting in a class room, Big deal right........

I don't pride myself on what degrees I have or what cars I drive, but only on the way I live my life and how I treat the people around me. Because in the end fancy cars and higher education don't mean a damn thing.

I said "friend" because I thought I would give you the benefit of the doubt. Just because we disagree on this matter doesn't mean I have any ill will toward you.

But hey if you aren't my friend then no skin off my .