• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 50 shenanigans on Pedigree?

529 posts in this topic

Dude, it's not mud slinging, it's the truth. Quite honestly, the only time I bring this up about Doug is when people try to downplay it.

I don't think people need to keep after you specifically, but I do think your attitude is a bit cavalier as well about the whole thing.

I guess these are the types of things your parents forgot to include in your holier than thou training.

I'll buy my books from whomever I prefer and if that doesn't agree with you...well you can blow me. :hi:

this is a comic book forum so it shouldn't be a surprise that some have the maturity level of a child.

In the beginning of the thread I gave you the benefit of the doubt, you even made sense here and there, but after reading your later posts and the one above especially you've made it very clear you are nothing but an individual_without_enough_empathy.

There is a direct correlation between swindling client funds & the existence of Pedigree in the 1st place. Why support a company that built itself using stolen money?

This is 100% true.

The blackest day for me here was when CGC gave Schmell a Registry Set award for a collection that had been built with stolen money. doh!

Ever hear if you have nothing nice to say...keep your mouth quiet? Or live and let live? I guess these are the types of things your parents forgot to include in your holier than thou training.

I understand you're in full defensive mode because you feel you are under direct attack but seriously, let it go. You could take your own advice. You're not helping yourself any longer.

I don't think people need to keep after you specifically, but I do think your attitude is a bit cavalier as well about the whole thing.

FK is right.

And...if you think folks here are going to let it go, especially if you keep coming out swinging, then you're fooling yourself. 2c

Dude, it's not mud slinging, it's the truth. Quite honestly, the only time I bring this up about Doug is when people try to downplay it.

Brian, the disbarment is true and is a horrible thing. I am not cavalier about it at all. And by mudslingning...I mean directed towards me which isn't really true at all. I'm not someone who will buy from anyone regardless of their past.

I just feel that I shouldn't be shunned for buying a few books from the guy when I admitted that I did. I'm not the only one here. Clearly as the OP is about someone who is repeatedly selling a very big ticket book with Doug.

And, I agree that supporting a business that is known to have ethical issues is wrong. Unfortunately, we as consumers do it everyday. I see people filling up their gas everyday at my local BP gas station. While I decide to go elsewhere...they buy their gas from BP. I don't agree with it but I'm not going to judge them and say they are horrible people.

Does it come down to you guys demanding that I stop buying books from Doug? Because that is what I think the masses here want me to say.

Or for me to join the fight and jump in to bash Doug as well? Isn't the thrashing he gets on here enough without me?

Brian, you don't know me well but I did buy a big ticket book from you recently. Was I nice guy? Did I pay on time and make an easy transaction with you?

I'm not a bad person because I bought a few books from Doug and came on here to say that I had no bad experience doing so.

As I said before, I bought 4 other books from Doug before I even heard of his troubles. I just didn't know about his past. Over the past couple of months I have learned from this site all the issues. I even talked to you about it via PM.

I'm not here to create enemies. I came here to make friends and join a community of people who have like interests as me.

If I was wrong in making light of the situation. I apologize.

Ever hear if you have nothing nice to say...keep your mouth quiet? Or live and let live? I guess these are the types of things your parents forgot to include in your holier than thou training.

I understand you're in full defensive mode because you feel you are under direct attack but seriously, let it go. You could take your own advice. You're not helping yourself any longer.

FK is right.

And...if you think folks here are going to let it go, especially if you keep coming out swinging, then you're fooling yourself. 2c

So let me ask you...it's better to just let people say I will blow someone for comic books and I shouldn't write anything back. Cmon...would you let that go without a retort?

Guys, I call a truce on this. As I said I respect all the opinions and your rights not to buy from anyone who has a sorted past. If I was wrong in my attitude about it or in saying I didn't care, I apologize.

Cool? Can we just end that part of it? If it makes it any better, how about this.

I won't buy any more books from Doug.

I guess these are the types of things your parents forgot to include in your holier than thou training.

I'll buy my books from whomever I prefer and if that doesn't agree with you...well you can blow me. :hi:

this is a comic book forum so it shouldn't be a surprise that some have the maturity level of a child.

In the beginning of the thread I gave you the benefit of the doubt, you even made sense here and there, but after reading your later posts and the one above especially you've made it very clear you are nothing but an individual_without_enough_empathy.

I do have empathy and plenty of it. I guess I'm at my wits end on being attacked like I'm the one who stole the money from those elderly people. That's all.

At the end of the day it comes down to:

"Doug has really cool books I want to buy and if I have to blow this scumbag so I can buy them so be it"

The mind of a collector never stops amazing me. People buying from Doug should be happy about these threads, it either forces lower prices in Doug's auctions because of the reduced bidder poll or forces Doug to shill bid them up so they don't go too cheap.

At the end of the day you have nothing better to do than criticize others from behind a computer screen and that makes you no better than anyone. Think you can beat a dead horse any more? Jeez it's like you just go around and around in circles saying the same over and over that has already been said by others.

And you think by coming on this forum and bashing others (including me which your post certainly seems directed towards) makes you any better?

You follow your moral compass and i'll follow mine. I'll buy my books from whomever I prefer and if that doesn't agree with you...well you can :whistle: me. :hi:

Don't put quotes around something that was never said...at least by me.

Some of you guys on here act like you are 12...well what should I expect?...this is a comic book forum so it shouldn't be a surprise that some have the maturity level of a child.

Have you seen the Pedigree website? Do you see the amount of books he has for sale and how many sales he makes? See the new listings page....He has plenty of customers beyond me and my measly 5 books...plenty. Including the guy who this post and the FF50 is all about. Where is the hostility toward him?

I think you have a lot of work ahead of you if you intend on judging everyone who buys or sells from him. Perhaps you need to locate each person who deals with him so you can tell them how wrong they are and how bad it is for the comic book community. Good luck with that...

You think this forum can get back to discussing comic books instead of slinging mud? Sure, slinging mud is probably more fun but in the end...it makes you no better than anyone else.

I'll expect some more witty banter and bashing...whatever....the beat goes on

This is a great way to make friends! You keep defending this scumbag and you will learn the hardway that these boards will just roll over you. I'm wondering if Mark is a shill for Doug? :whistle:

FK is right.

So let me ask you...it's better to just let people say I will blow someone for comic books and I shouldn't write anything back. Cmon...would you let that go without a retort?

Guys, I call a truce on this. As I said I respect all the opinions and your rights not to buy from anyone who has a sorted past. If I was wrong in my attitude about it or in saying I didn't care, I apologize.

Cool? Can we just end that part of it? If it makes it any better, how about this.

I won't buy any more books from Doug.

Unfortunately he does have a "sordid" past...but I think if you scroll back, you will see you were not the only one who was making positive statements... but perhaps the other posters are not quite as sensitive...it's not easy being new here, hopefully you won't take future comments so personally.

I don't think anyone would care So much who you buy from, it's the advertising aspect.

I'm not 12, but it would be really nice to be that age again ... :cloud9:

This is a great way to make friends! You keep defending this scumbag and you will learn the hardway that these boards will just roll over you. I'm wondering if Mark is a shill for Doug? :whistle:

No I'm not a shill for Doug. Look, I'm not one of these people who will just ignore posts about me and not respond. I'm an open book on this.

I am not a shill for Doug and where did you see me defending Doug. Please quote me where I defend any of his past actions. I haven't and won't.

What he did to get disbarred is beyond horrible. The more I learn about it the more I agree my actions in buying books from him was wrong.

Im man enough to admit when I am wrong.

Don't try to malign me as a shill or troll on the forum. I am a good standing member here and plan on staying that way.

I hope that clearly answers your suspicions.

(thumbs u

And, I agree that supporting a business that is known to have ethical issues is wrong. Unfortunately, we as consumers do it everyday. I see people filling up their gas everyday at my local BP gas station. While I decide to go elsewhere...they buy their gas from BP. I don't agree with it but I'm not going to judge them and say they are horrible people.

Off-topic, I know, but these are typically local businesses that franchise from BP. You're harming an unlucky neighbor far more than sticking it to BP, unfortunately.

Off-topic, I know, but these are typically local businesses that franchise from BP. You're harming an unlucky neighbor far more than sticking it to BP, unfortunately.

Probably true but I have to buy gas somewhere so I am helping another neighbor instead of the BP one.

Just like I am helping plenty of others besides Doug when I buy comic books from them too. I have a pretty big comic collection and I buy from a lot of other people. I feel I am helping the comic community a lot. I understand the issues of buying from Doug and that has become painfully clear in this thread.

Let me ask you a question. If you could get BP gas at $1.50 a gallon, would you buy it there?

Because that's what you're saying when it comes to comic books. I'll buy anything from anybody, regardless of who they are or what they've done, if it's a comic I want or if I can get a really sweet deal.

Can't you see that?

It takes a belgian to break down the language perfectly. :cloud9:(worship)

Probably true but I have to buy gas somewhere so I am helping another neighbor instead of the BP one.

Just like I am helping plenty of others besides Doug when I buy comic books from them too. I have a pretty big comic collection and I buy from a lot of other people. I feel I am helping the comic community a lot. I understand the issues of buying from Doug and that has become painfully clear in this thread.

Here Mark, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I will go ahead and say that you got caught in a :censored: storm because you didnt know any better at the time. Now that you do I can only hope that you can let it go, and try and just become a new functional, happy member of this forum. You have alot of guys here who are friends, and not over the computer I can name at least 25-30 I have hung out with at conventions from all over the U.S and Canada. This is a great place to make friends, talk about comics, and learn about comics. This forum for me was an invaluable tool. I would much prefer a new member that is built to last than to see you become angry and bitter about how your first week here was. Once you grasp that everything about Schmell and pedigree is crooked from past to present it makes things clear. His entire business was built from theft, and most here will not support this. So when he becomes a topic it is never pretty. You will quickly see there are many people here that are very firm in their moral standings, and this is probably one of the few places you will find any decent people in comics. I hope you really mull this over, and decide to stay. But as I stated there are many people here who will defend their friends, and thats how life really should be. Most people here arent "hiding behind a computer" we just hang out here until we get together again. If you attend local conventions I guarantee you can meet at least 25 guys from here at the next Mega-Con. Seriously though I understand you feel that you are being attacked, but it is more people trying to explain why Schmell is viewed in such poor standings within the collecting community.

Sincerely,

hole from NJ

Or-

Patrick Beam

Let me ask you a question. If you could get BP gas at $1.50 a gallon, would you buy it there?

Because that's what you're saying when it comes to comic books. I'll buy anything from anybody, regardless of who they are or what they've done, if it's a comic I want or if I can get a really sweet deal.

Can't you see that?

Jeffro, I didn't say I will buy anything from anybody regardless of what they've done. I just said that I didn't see the harm in buying a few books from Doug or if I got a good deal from Metro. I didn't see the harm in doing so. But, some of the more lucid posts have opened my eyes about how I am contributing to a business built on poor ethics and morals. I understand that now. I was wrong.

Is it cool that we end it now that I admit that?

But I can see how you can infer that impression that I would buy from anyone regardless of their past. I guess I didn't communicate well on that front. My mistake.

The honest answer is NO, I would not buy gas from BP no matter their price. And after the thrashing I have received...I won't be buying from Doug either. I see the light. I see the issues that have been brought up.

Here Mark, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I will go ahead and say that you got caught in a :censored: storm because you didnt know any better at the time. Now that you do I can only hope that you can let it go, and try and just become a new functional, happy member of this forum. You have alot of guys here who are friends, and not over the computer I can name at least 25-30 I have hung out with at conventions from all over the U.S and Canada. This is a great place to make friends, talk about comics, and learn about comics. This forum for me was an invaluable tool. I would much prefer a new member that is built to last than to see you become angry and bitter about how your first week here was. Once you grasp that everything about Schmell and pedigree is crooked from past to present it makes things clear. His entire business was built from theft, and most here will not support this. So when he becomes a topic it is never pretty. You will quickly see there are many people here that are very firm in their moral standings, and this is probably one of the few places you will find any decent people in comics. I hope you really mull this over, and decide to stay. But as I stated there are many people here who will defend their friends, and thats how life really should be. Most people here arent "hiding behind a computer" we just hang out here until we get together again. If you attend local conventions I guarantee you can meet at least 25 guys from here at the next Mega-Con. Seriously though I understand you feel that you are being attacked, but it is more people trying to explain why Schmell is viewed in such poor standings within the collecting community.

Sincerely,

hole from NJ

Or-

Patrick Beam

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the note and I am here to stay. I'm not so thin skinned to let this drive me away. I feel the tension on this topic and know I certainly didn't do anything to keep things calm. There is a past about Doug that goes way beyond my newness to this hobby and this forum. I guess I thought I could come in and provide a different perspective but it was seen as a noob defending Doug and by putting myself in others shoes I can see where I got a little of what I deserved. I won't say that some of the really negative things were right but in any given forum there will be people who take things to the extreme.

I will be at upcoming comic cons and really do look forward to meeting everyone. I have already done business with Foolkiller, Dem, Filter81 and Comicdey. All really nice people. I'm one of those nice people too. I have a great family (wife with 2 great kids) and I am an upstanding citizen with a very fortunate job. I'm quite lucky and I'm happy to be here.

My feathers might have been ruffled but i'm here to stay. Thank you again for the note and benefit of the doubt.

By the way, I'm from just across the river in Brooklyn and lived in NJ for years. I didnt mean to put you down for being in NJ. It's not your fault. lol Just kidding.

Marc

This is it exactly. When this thread turns into a bunch of Pedigree fans making a joke of it all, it needs to be restated for what it is, "it's not mud slinging, it's the truth."

This is it exactly. When this thread turns into a bunch of Pedigree fans making a joke of it all, it needs to be restated for what it is, "it's not mud slinging, it's the truth."

Divad, I didn't mean mud slinging towards Pedigree or Doug. I meant mud slinging about me. But, I hear you.

I'm not a pedigree fan Divad. Please hear me clearly. I am not a fan of Pedigree and didn't mean to make a joke of any of Doug's past behavior.