• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 50 shenanigans on Pedigree?

529 posts in this topic

So what do we do with people who've committed a crime once they get out of prison?

If its immoral to hire them or buy or sell to them, that doesn't leave a lot of room for them to exist in any honest way. Maybe they should have just shot Doug instead of disbarring him?

Unless someone is willing to deal with former criminals in some way (even if it is just letting them clean toilets for a living), it seems to me that they will be required to return to crime.

Doug did some pretty bad things, but they weren't rape or murder. I see nothing indicating he is currently doing anything particularly unethical in his business now.

People can decide whether his track record makes him too untrustworthy to deal with and conduct themselves accordingly.

I don't think people holding themselves as morally superior than someone else for making a different decision on that are really worth listening to, though.

Doug has paid a steep price for his misdeeds in the legal profession. The bigger issue is in fact the bolded statement above. A search of prior threads will show he tried to launder a trimmed Ewert JIM book by resubbing and selling through Heritage. He also appears to have shill bid/floor bid his own Grand Auctions.

So what do we do with people who've committed a crime once they get out of prison?

If its immoral to hire them or buy or sell to them, that doesn't leave a lot of room for them to exist in any honest way. Maybe they should have just shot Doug instead of disbarring him?

Unless someone is willing to deal with former criminals in some way (even if it is just letting them clean toilets for a living), it seems to me that they will be required to return to crime.

Doug did some pretty bad things, but they weren't rape or murder. I see nothing indicating he is currently doing anything particularly unethical in his business now.

People can decide whether his track record makes him too untrustworthy to deal with and conduct themselves accordingly.

I don't think people holding themselves as morally superior than someone else for making a different decision on that are really worth listening to, though.

Doug has paid a steep price for his misdeeds in the legal profession. The bigger issue is in fact the bolded statement above. A search of prior threads will show he tried to launder a trimmed Ewert JIM book by resubbing and selling through Heritage. He also appears to have shill bid/floor bid his own Grand Auctions.

don't forget he admitted to not sending GPA all his CGC data. He only sends the high sales numbers. I believe George talked to him and said he will now send all data.

If somebody knowingly deals with criminals then, in my opinion, their morals become questionable.

And, before anyone asks, no, some people absolutely do not deserve second chances.

Moral relativism at its finest :applause: