• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The August 2010 Heritage results thread....

428 posts in this topic

There are maybe eight books total that I am interested in. There were a few more but they've already exceeded the price I'm willing to pay.

and as usual, I've yet to receive my auction catalog, although its probably waiting at my PO box now. Always seems to show up the day before.

Heritage if you're listening you really need to ship out the international catalogs a little sooner. Pretty useless when it arrives the day before or day of! People need some time to look through it and consider their bids!

Indeed, - that HA juice rips the dough off of your pockets. But again, if theres a book you got a have ... you got a have it.

Go feed the fire :) We live only once :sorry:

I used to think this way but I disagree now. All you have to do is factor the BP into your bid. In fact it's even spelled out there for you when you are bidding...prices with and without BP.

Indeed, - that HA juice rips the dough off of your pockets. But again, if theres a book you got a have ... you got a have it.

I used to think this way but I disagree now. All you have to do is factor the BP into your bid. In fact it's even spelled out there for you when you are bidding...prices with and without BP.

Problem is, if you just factor the juice into in the bid ... you most often dont win :(

Problem is, if you just factor the juice into in the bid ... you most often dont win :(

Guess that depends on what you're bidding on. I've seen lots of good bargains on books as well.

It just so happened that with any book I bid on to win the price was almost irrelevant as I intended to win regardless of cost.

:insane:

Not true. If you're not winning, it ain't because of the juice. It's because someone was willing to pay more than you. I don't know of anyone that does not factor in the juice when they bid, including the collectors you are bidding against. (shrug)

Not true. If you're not winning, it ain't because of the juice. It's because someone was willing to pay more than you. I don't know of anyone that does not factor in the juice when they bid, including the collectors you are bidding against. (shrug)

I've thought that Heritage has had some amazing bargains over the last few months. Some of the books in their Sunday auctions go for wayyy less than GPA average. Add to that the number of books you won't find anywhere short of Metropolis' warehouse and you are just doing yourself a disservice not checking out their auctions.

As usual, I didn't win anything. :sorry:

:gossip: I also don't bid on their auctions, so it kind'a works out that way. :kidaround:

that will be just about enough out of you Mr empire lol

Guess that depends on what you're bidding on. I've seen lots of good bargains on books as well.

It just so happened that with any book I bid on to win the price was almost irrelevant as I intended to win regardless of cost.

:insane:

:foryou: Thats the way to go

When I bid - next to Coke Zero - the only thing I dont factor in is apple juice :o