• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OMG If you thought that Action #1 2.5 was ugly in a scan....

93 posts in this topic

A fair is a real POS that falls apart in your hands at times. No, that'd be a "poor." This Action #1 is what I would call a "Fair."

I agree.

A fair is still liveable with.

It's a poor that falls apart as you hold it.

A fair just looks ugly and beat up but complete.

This Action 1 just about scrapes by as a fair.

If you ask me, it looks more like a poor. Certainly the front cover does.l

A fair is a real POS that falls apart in your hands at times. No, that'd be a "poor." This Action #1 is what I would call a "Fair."

I agree.

A fair is still liveable with.

It's a poor that falls apart as you hold it.

A fair just looks ugly and beat up but complete.

This Action 1 just about scrapes by as a fair.

If you ask me, it looks more like a poor. Certainly the front cover does.l

Ditto. This book can't get to "G," or even "G-," due to that chunk, period. If the rest of the book was say, a FN, the chunk would still bring it down to G at best..! But no way is the rest of the book better than a VG- itself, and that's being kind. So let's face it, it got the "GA nod," the "key GA nod," AND the "Holy Grail nod" all on the same day, and lucked out.

Would I still want to own it? Sure - ANY Action 1 is better than no Action 1. But it's definitely overgraded by 1.5.

come off it, buddy!

For Heaven's sake...you guys are on a CGC board poking fun at CGC. Take a look at the overstreet grading guide for heaven's sake...it is practically the same set of standards.

Oh yeah...for that guy that didn't like my little display of the "golden, Silver and Bronze age" with the respective showcase 4, GL 76 and action 1....just go home and cry in your momma's basement. How many times have you seen an Action 1? How many times have you had the opportunity to HOLD an action 1? For all of this board's crying over their spilt milk, and whining about how over or undergraded a "Good" condition ( which, by the way, is below what MOST collectors will have in their collection), keep in mind that there are only about 50 of these suckers out there with the cover even on them.

So, All jealousy aside....spend your time on something more productive than ripping apart a book that is already an almost uncollectible grade of "GD+".

Oh yeah...and for that guy that is moaning about me selling page upon page of low-cost stuff....How do you think I can afford books like Action #1 and Showcase 4? Did I mention that at the same show, I picked up a Plastic Man #1 from 1941? I have an appreciation for the Golden Age, but the only way to get it is to blow out $4 stock. It's a good thing that we can list over 100 items an hour on ebay.

Best,

Brett Carreras

Not too thrilled with my book, eh????

And I am to suppose that you are the guy that took a look at the back cover, overall spine wear and color of the pages? How about the gloss check, or the restoration black-light?!?! wasn't you either, huh?

Until you are more familiar with the delicate grading of Golden age books, keep it to the professionals.

Regards,

Brett Carreras

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32735&item=2229580599

<<(CGG is the newest 3rd party grading group. They have been around for over a year, and have a reputation for being MORE conservative than CGC. Their latest holder is thicker and more durable than CGC, with tamper-evident holograms on the sides)>>

So what you're implying in your auction is that CGC is a little loose with their grading?

come off it, buddy! How many times have you seen an Action 1? How many times have you had the opportunity to HOLD an action 1?

Daily.

Ian's best post ever!

Yeah,...even I have to give it up for Ian.... 893applaud-thumb.gif

Yeah,...even I have to give it up for Ian..

Thankyou.

All contributions to my Detective 27 fund gratefully accepted

(I did secure a complete one but haven't finished paying for it yet. The copy Matt Nelson is restoring had pages missing that I didn't know about, so I had to agree $31,000 for a different low grade copy that was complete).

Thankyou.

(I did secure a complete one but haven't finished paying for it yet. The copy Matt Nelson is restoring had pages missing that I didn't know about, ).

893whatthe.gif

Thankyou.

(I did secure a complete one but haven't finished paying for it yet. The copy Matt Nelson is restoring had pages missing that I didn't know about, so I had to agree $31,000 for a different low grade copy that was complete).

foreheadslap.gif

Ian, you are on fire lately. Whatever you're eating for breakfast, keep eating it. 27_laughing.gif

come off it, buddy! How many times have you seen an Action 1? How many times have you had the opportunity to HOLD an action 1?

Daily.

Ohhh...so nice of you to post the link to my fixed price _Store_ listings.

Heh.

Try this one...and keep in mind that these auctions end tomorrow:

bcarreras' ebay auctions

best,

Brett

Um a few things here from one of the more moderates on the board wink.gif um Ian count those pages brother.

And Mr. Carreras, sir, minor point of query / stipulation, I did make my way on to your Ebay auctions and would like a simple clarification - um like when did 6.5 for an Ironman #1 = High Grade 893scratchchin-thumb.gif4_13_13.gif

And while I can understand your touchiness over the treatment that the particular copy of Action #1 in question has received here, again sir, the fact that I, or anyone else besides Ian and a few others do not own a copy of said book, still does not make your particular copy a 2.5. makepoint.gif

Oh yeah...for that guy that didn't like my little display of the "golden, Silver and BronzeOh yeah...for that guy that didn't like my little display of the "golden, Silver and Bronze age" with the respective showcase 4, GL 76 and action 1....just go home and cry in your momma's basement. How many times have you seen an Action 1? How many times have you had the opportunity to HOLD an action 1? For all of this board's crying over their spilt milk, and whining about how over or undergraded a "Good" condition ( which, by the way, is below what MOST collectors will have in their collection), keep in mind that there are only about 50 of these suckers out there with the cover even on them.

age" with the respective showcase 4, GL 76 and action 1....just go home and cry in your momma's basement. How many times have you seen an Action 1? How many times have you had the opportunity to HOLD an action 1? For all of this board's crying over their spilt milk, and whining about how over or undergraded a "Good" condition ( which, by the way, is below what MOST collectors will have in their collection), keep in mind that there are only about 50 of these suckers out there with the cover even on them.

What a selfish and inconsiderate thing to say to all of these members!

So what that you have an Action#1. Big deal! Yes, that's right, Big deal!

You seem to think you are so important that you have this book and that everyone is jealous because you own this important book, well that's not right because that is not the issue here and I speak for everyone here.

We are just stating you got a grade that was supposed to be less than it is. All these collectors know what they are talking about and I am sure they can grade a book just as easily as CGC can.

Because we have an opinion that your Action is over graded is simply a fact and I think you know that but are in denial. You should be, as you own it and are likely to defend your investment. But to come here and berate us is unacceptable and it shows your true colors as a person without an open mind.

If you have such a fine book then why are you so quick to sell? why do you not get your asking price? I'll tell you because the market speaks the truth. No one want's to buy it at your price, $39,000? Heck if that was an actual grade that everyone thought it was, it would be a steal! but your book has issues. Mold, chunk missing, but the simple fact that it has the mold scares off many buyers because they don't want cancer on their books such as a car with rust that may spread.

You should have come here with an open mind and took into consideration what we said and discussed it with us, not berate us.

I suggest you take your book to Susan and do yourself a favor just have the book cleaned, or even restored to a moderate grade and I'm sure your book will get a much better value. You may even save the book from destruction which will show you really care about your collectable.