• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

show your WWII battleship covers

62 posts in this topic

I'm looking to start getting into GA books and I think I want to start with my favorite covers. But, I dont know whats all out there so I'm asking for some help here.

I'm look for Jap or Nazi's getting beat up, Hitler covers, battleships in the sceen are prefered(but not neccesary, American flags in the sceen and I really want to try for ones that have a war bond add on the cover.

Show me what you've got.

Thanks!!!

Here's a few books that fit your description. One even has a Jap and war bonds. :cloud9:

action11and104001.jpg

action76new.jpg

action86new.jpg

I'm looking to start getting into GA books and I think I want to start with my favorite covers. But, I dont know whats all out there so I'm asking for some help here.

I'm look for Jap or Nazi's getting beat up, Hitler covers, battleships in the sceen are prefered(but not neccesary, American flags in the sceen and I really want to try for ones that have a war bond add on the cover.

Show me what you've got.

Thanks!!!

Here's a few books that fit your description. One even has a Jap and war bonds. :cloud9:

action11and104001.jpg

This Action 11 is an awsome cover!!! Cool that its before the Pearl Harbor attack but still when we were at war, I like that. Cool that is has an ID number on it too, wonder if any ships with ID numbers in funny books are accurate. They named alot of boats after US states in WWII, anyone know if any specific boats are in books or even on the cover.

Was it only after the Pearl Harbor attack that they started advertising war bonds?

Is there really that small amount of battleship covers? I think I'm going to change the title of the thread to see some more battleships. :)

I know the Black Terror had atleast a couple sweet battleship covers, lets see some sweet copies. Wasn't there atleast a handfull of Schomburg covers that have battle ships on them?

[quote=TooSnappy

action11and104001.jpg

This Action 11 is an awsome cover!!! Cool that its before the Pearl Harbor attack but still when we were at war, I like that. Cool that is has an ID number on it too, wonder if any ships with ID numbers in funny books are accurate. They named alot of boats after US states in WWII, anyone know if any specific boats are in books or even on the cover.

Was it only after the Pearl Harbor attack that they started advertising war bonds?

although the drawing on the cover doesn't resemble a battleship, the hull number 386 corresponds to the destroyer uss bagley. it saw service in the pacific from 1937-1947. the ship was in the navy yard when pearl harbor was attacked on dec 7 1941.

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/sh-usn/usnsh-b/dd386.htm

ussbagley.jpg

I don't have scans but here's a few more.

Wings 16

Champ 21 (Nazi battleship)

Military 11 (has a wonderful battleship silhouette and Flag cover)

Daredevil 10 has a blueprint of a Japan war on a battleship)

Wings 31 45 is an aircraft carrier but worth looking at.

Wings 39 56 66 114 have enemy battleships??

Spy Smasher 6

Startling 15 33

Hit Comics 3 is an amazing battleship cover

Hit Comics 9 is probably a battleship

I don't have scans but here's a few more.

Wings 16

Champ 21 (Nazi battleship)

Military 11 (has a wonderful battleship silhouette and Flag cover)

Daredevil 10 has a blueprint of a Japan war on a battleship)

Wings 31 45 is an aircraft carrier but worth looking at.

Wings 39 56 66 114 have enemy battleships??

Spy Smasher 6

Startling 15 33

Hit Comics 3 is an amazing battleship cover

Hit Comics 9 is probably a battleship

Some of the ones on your list that I have scanned:

wings16.jpg

wings45.jpg

champ21a.jpg

More are

Hit 25

Americas Best 9

Contact Comics 6 (amazing LB Cole cover)

Navy Heroes 1 ???

Some 1950's

Fightin Navy 80 86 91 93

Navy Action 1 2 3 6 8 10

Navy Task Force 1 2 3 5 6 8

Navy Combat 3 6 7 12 14 16 19

Navy Tales 1 2 3

Navy History and Tradition 6

Some 1950's

Fightin Navy 80 86 91 93

Navy Action 1 2 3 6 8 10

Navy Task Force 1 2 3 5 6 8

Navy Combat 3 6 7 12 14 16 19

Navy Tales 1 2 3

Navy History and Tradition 6

I don't have many Navy Atlas titles, just a few and from the above list, adding Navy Combat 2 to the list with its carrier cover -

102443.jpg.aa7ef7c30b96c57e6fdaeb47b881c2ac.jpg

102444.jpg.c8bcfa4f8513225fa6775b64a6cda6e9.jpg

102445.jpg.bde737b3d9ad3c54769d3aa8423fac59.jpg