• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Only 21,593 to go...

23 posts in this topic

I'm trying to buy every issue of Spawn #1 that was printed and only have 21,593 books remaining to reach that goal.

My plans are to buy every copy and burn all of them except for one book.

That would make the book a one of a kind.

Then I plan on selling that last book on eBay for a gajillion dollars, buying a tropical island, and retiring with an elderly English butler that refers to me as "Kingpin".

He will bring me soup when I want it on a silver platter, draw my bath water, and things such as that.

Anyway...

I know it might seem like a goal that is unreachable, but with the help from everyone in these forums, my goal will become a reality.

Thanks in advance, for your help. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

How much are you paying per copy? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

25 cents per book.

That's for the pristine copies.

The price goes down from there.

If I were new to these boards, I'd thought this goal would be ludicrous. But hey, if Ian can get every DC and Calamerica's 800+ Iron Man/Submariner copies, I really don't think this is entirely out of the realm of possibility. There's some focussed folks on these boards hell bent...some...just bent... insane.gif

"Lead on Brave Adventurer, Your Quest Awaits..." - Dragon's Lair

25 cents per book.

So....as long as you sell the last remaining copy of Spawn 1 for over $5000...you turn a profit. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I think I may go after every existing copy of PITT 1.....

25 cents per book.

So....as long as you sell the last remaining copy of Spawn 1 for over $5000...you turn a profit. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

CURSES!

I was going to let my kids retire on Pitt 1!

893frustrated.gif

25 cents per book.

CURSES!

I was going to let my kids retire on Pitt 1!

893frustrated.gif

You could always collect PITTS instead...

50centpitts.jpg

tongue.gif

...and Calamerica's 800+ Iron Man/Submariner copies...

Bah! I've been wondering who that person was who did that. I was hunting for a reading copy of that issue and this guy must have sniped 15 auctions from me. It was frustrating but I finally got a VF- copy after a few months.

...and Calamerica's 800+ Iron Man/Submariner copies...

Bah! I've been wondering who that person was who did that. I was hunting for a reading copy of that issue and this guy must have sniped 15 auctions from me. It was frustrating but I finally got a VF- copy after a few months.

It's all in this thread

If I were new to these boards, I'd thought this goal would be ludicrous. But hey, if Ian can get every DC and Calamerica's 800+ Iron Man/Submariner copies, I really don't think this is entirely out of the realm of possibility. There's some focussed folks on these boards hell bent...some...just bent... insane.gif

Hey, this is a great idea, and maybe a new line of revenue for CGC. They can provide third party certification that a comic has been destroyed, so that it can be reliably verified that the available pool of comics has been reduced! crazy.gif

I'm off to go buy every copy of Spawn #2, because as we all know it is already scarcer than Spawn #1 so it'll take less work to get down to 1 copy! cool.gif

Cal, you should seriously consider destroying your IM/Subbies, instead of slowly leaking them back onto the market. Anyone want to guess how many copies are in existence, including Cal's collection?

Then I plan on selling that last book on eBay for a gajillion dollars

Anyway...

I know it might seem like a goal that is unreachable, but with the help from everyone in these forums, my goal will become a reality.

Thanks in advance, for your help. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

This is the only part of your goal that seems unreachable. 27_laughing.gif

Only 21,593 to go...

How many copies in the print run?

I think the average reader was 8-12 years old. You could probably safely assume 10,796.5 of these copies have been destroyed due to age group attrition. I'll hand my copy over to our german shepard (10yrs old in dog years) raising that total to 10,797.5

CRC

Hey, this is a great idea, and maybe a new line of revenue for CGC. They can provide third party certification that a comic has been destroyed, so that it can be reliably verified that the available pool of comics has been reduced! crazy.gif

I'm off to go buy every copy of Spawn #2, because as we all know it is already scarcer than Spawn #1 so it'll take less work to get down to 1 copy! cool.gif

Cal, you should seriously consider destroying your IM/Subbies, instead of slowly leaking them back onto the market. Anyone want to guess how many copies are in existence, including Cal's collection?

My guess - 150,000 copies left.

411667-cgc.jpg

411667-cgc.jpg.22349036e44c9c94a0bbd13d195c3444.jpg

My guess - 150,000 copies left.

You think there are still 150,000 copies of Iron Man/Submariner in existence? shocked.gif Geez, how big was the print run?

Great article, by the way! thumbsup2.gif