• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help to submit pictures of comics for grading here

15 posts in this topic

Hello, I am new here. I have a few comics I would like to get looked at here. X-Men 1 (1963) - good, Watchmen 1 mint?, and several other books. How do you attach a picture and what size or dpi does the scan need to be? I use photoshop so dpi adjustment is no problem. I can make a webpage and put the pictures up on it, and link them to my post. Is there a list of modern and silver age books that are recommended to have slabbed? Thank you very much for your help!

410926-luke.jpg.9506ed10c0444dbb8202bc657433c855.jpg

The limit to upload an attachment here is 150KB(a little under in practice).

But any size can be linked to from an outside source.

Hello, Thanks for the info. How do you link to a picture from an outside source? Do you type within the text, the http:// information? Do you put it in quotes or on its own line by itself? What resolution is best? 300 dpi? 150 dpi? 600 dpi? 72 dpi? What size - comic book size or larger/smaller? Thanks!

Hello, Thanks. I don't know what UBB is, don't think it is required for adding a picture if I use the picture's http:// address. Do I paste the http:// info into the text area as a paragraph by itself? Should I have the picture on the message or should it be "click-able" i.e. just the name present, and you must click the name to pull up the picture. I use a Macintosh and it may not have the same prompts as an "IBM type" computer. (No offense meant to IBM type computers, I have been using them since the late 70s.) What resolution dpi is best for picture posting? 72? 150? 300? 600? 12800? Should I keep the comic image at 100% (normal) size? Thanks.

Look down to the lower right when making a post and you'll see:

Instant UBB Code

URL Email Image

List Start List Item List End

Poll Start Poll Option Poll Stop

Bold Italics Quote

Code

Click on image! gossip.gif

www.photobucket.com is free. It's a great site.

Make sure the images are big enough so that we can clearly see any wear on the front and back cover. Also include a description of any dings or other wear that doesn't show up clearly on the scans. Thanks.

Allright, that won't work. Sooooooooooooo, are there any free webpage places besides geocities? Thanks!

Hello, thank you for the great info! I will get things put on my website, then start a new post with a few comics to grade. BTW my Next Men is 98-99% perfect, except for several small indentions on the cover, looks like someone tapped a pen on the book 4 times. How much would you estimate it would lower the book? I know you cannot see it, would be difficult to tell. It is not visible when in a comic bag/board. Thanks! Oh - also, my X-Men 1 (1963) grades about good. What number is GOOD on a 1-10 scale? laugh.gif

Well, some pictures. Here is an attempt to post the front and back of watchmen #1, from a webpage. Please let me know what condition you think it would grade, if mailed in to be graded. Thanks. web page web page

These pictures look pretty good for grading. You might try saving as a jpg instead of bmp with a reasonable compression to get the pictures down to 250k or so instead of 4 meg. I use an oddball pixel setting of 120. Seems to give good resolution on most screens but still makes the picture file smaller than 150 pixel resolution. Suggestion: scan at a higher resolution (300 dpi) then use your software to save at a lower resolution. For some reason seems to give better looking results than if you scan at the lower resolution in the first place.