• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If I had $3.99...

29 posts in this topic

And walked into a comic shop, what should I buy? I know that some comics are $2.99 and some $3.99 for the majority, so if you recommend a $2.99 book then I guess I can get a coke too.

Tomorrow is August 11, 2010. The racks will be full of new stories with pictures. So if I had just enough money, what book should I buy?

i'm going to have to buy #76 considering I accidentally bought two copies of #75 at $3.99 each...uhg...at different stores. how on earth i managed to do that when I only buy 3-5 new titles a month i don't know.

Locke & Key: Keys To The Kingdom #1 for $3.99 (thumbs u

But, I second getting Walking Dead #76 and for the extra $1 you could get Locke & Key #1: The Legacy Edition which reprints the first issue with an appearance by Joe Hill narrating the saga so far.

I would only buy locke & key or walking dead if you had read other books other wise I'd save up that 3.99 & add more to it & get the first volume trades of either of these two books :)

Invincible is also a fun read!

MG looked ok artwise (didn't look good enough to pick up tho), WD was so so (another building up issue (sigh))

LK is next on my list this evening but looks like a winner :wishluck:

Normally, I would vote for Walking Dead, but it was kind of humble-bumble with this month's issue. Locke & Key: Keys To The Kingdom #1 shot out of the gate with eyepopping art, writing and action for the start of this arc in this stand alone issue. It was well worth the $3.99, IMHO.

I would only buy locke & key or walking dead if you had read other books other wise I'd save up that 3.99 & add more to it & get the first volume trades of either of these two books :)

Invincible is also a fun read!

Invincible is one of my all-time favorites!

morning glories #1

I picked this up today, supposed to be any good?

Early reviews are looking good.

Unfortunately, the shop I went to didn't have it today. I'll try a different shop tomorrow. I was really looking forward to reading it tonight.