• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics Dirty Little Secret

47 posts in this topic

For the record...anyone that has any comics of any kind that they just want to get rid of, send them to me. I'll gladly take them all.

Now no one can say there's "no demand for Comic X"

Just what are you willing offer for Leifield's?

I'l take any Liefeld's you got, too. I'm not offering anythig for them. I'm just countering the notion that "there's no demand" for certain books.

(thumbs u

I think the issue is that modern comics provide a pretty bad bang for the buck entertainment-wise compared to a lot of alternatives.

At $4 per book, I can't justify buying them.

I just bought some SA Kirby Thors in presentable shape for $5 each. I can read those for almost nothing, since I'm pretty sure I'll be able to sell them down the road for about the same money, give or take.

Look at it this way, when you buy a dvd or book at the store you buy them to watch or read and don`t expect to go sell that book or dvd back on Ebay a few months later for a profit, why should modern comics be any different from any other modern media? Buy your comic and read it, if its worth anything done the line then fine you got an extra bonus but to think buying the latest issues of Blackest Night and it`s modern contempories will someday pay for your childrens college fund is :screwy:

;)

Look at it this way, when you buy a dvd or book at the store you buy them to watch or read and don`t expect to go sell that book or dvd back on Ebay a few months later for a profit, why should modern comics be any different from any other modern media? Buy your comic and read it, if its worth anything done the line then fine you got an extra bonus but to think buying the latest issues of Blackest Night and it`s modern contempories will someday pay for your childrens college fund is :screwy:

;)

And that no doubt applies directly to the current discussion of mid-grade bronze books?

:gossip:

It relates to post 1976 mid grade bronze age and up, great reading material but don`t expect to buy a nice summer beach house with them after you held on to them for the last 34 years.

I think the issue is that modern comics provide a pretty bad bang for the buck entertainment-wise compared to a lot of alternatives.

At $4 per book, I can't justify buying them.

I just bought some SA Kirby Thors in presentable shape for $5 each. I can read those for almost nothing, since I'm pretty sure I'll be able to sell them down the road for about the same money, give or take.

Well put. That's my thinking exactly. If you can enjoy a $5 silver VG/VG+ book or a $5 modern high grade book equally, but you only have limited $$$ to spend, why not, at the very least, spend the $$$ on the books that will likely at worst hold their value (and appeal to others) down the road?

I have West coast Avengers 1-54 in great condition...plus the mini-series..I'm keeping them forever...my dirty little secret.

54? Why'd you stop at 54, when Byrne's run goes all the way to 57..?

That was about the time I got out of comics for a while(except Daredevil)...but I SHOULD go back and pick up those last few jut for fun.