• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 14 Cgc 9.0, Showcase 22 app 6.5; More Fun 14 Sold, X-men 101, 1st Falcon

39 posts in this topic

The following key comics have been graded per Overstreet standards unless Cgc graded. None of the raw comics have been pressed unless stated. Prices are fairly firm, as I have tried to price then below Overstreet or market value for your satisfaction. :luhv:

All prices in US funds. I accept PayPal, int'l money order, bank draft, checks. Estimated postage to continental USA or Canada for raw comic(s) shipped in a small box is $10 or via XpressPost with basic insurance of $100 and tracking # is about $22. Int'l fed ex to be determined. Comics will be shipped from Canada.

Refund policy:

100% refund on raw comics if dissatisfied when returned within 7 days of receipt in same condition as sent. Sorry, no returns on Cgc graded comics, as they claim to grade more strictly than I do.

Winner determined by time stamp of final pmail negotiation or posted :takeit:. I will ponder counter-offers but reserve the right to reject them if too lowball. :frustrated:

** I will not be selling to forumites on the banned or probation list ***

Some of my scans are wider than normal due to wonky scanner. Pmail with any questions.

Amaz Spider-man v. 1 #14 Cgc 9.0 White pgs. $3,000 Still available.

GPA latest sale for Cgc 9.0 earlier in 2010 is $3,300 but it can't beat my page quality which is virgin WHITE. Cgc 9.2 has sold for $5,800 for comparison.

Disclosure:

If you squint at the ASM head logo, there is a light charcoal pencil "8" for 8 cents on it that may be pro cleaned off by the buyer. Comic was pro pressed by Joeypost but the comic was already flat (no spine roll) so don't know if pressing did any good.

asm14.jpg

asm14b.jpg

Will post more pics after lunch.

FS: Showcase #22 6.5 raw app fn+ slight amateur resto. Has clear acrylic brushed on top of spine for reinforcement, slight color touch to green and black of spine.

Comics could benefit from a pressing, as back cover upper left has corner crease. Right edge of comic has been slightly trimmed and bottom of comic looks like it was shaved (micro-trimmed) flush. Top of comic looks OK.

An unrestored 6.5 is valued at about $8k, so I am asking $1,750 for this copy which has cream pages and light tanning to outer edges.

show2265.jpg

show2265b.jpg

(worship) (worship) (worship)

Nice book!

X-men #101 raw 7.5 vf- white pages. Top right hand corner has slight bump (curbing) to pages. Front spine is sharp nm- 9.2 but back cover may benefit from a pressing, if you are so inclined. Asking $75.

xmen101.jpg

This may me the best bargain, as it guides for $1,875 in Ostreet good.

More Fun #14 Dec, 1936 1st Superman prototype in color that came out about 1.5 years BEFORE Action #1. Coverless and I parsed out the centerfold that I needed. Still has 1st wrap attached to staples.

Unfortunately, this copy is missing 1/2 of the page 1 Dr. Occult (not in costume yet) introduction to page 2 which includes the KEY 1st Superman prototype entire page. Above average off-white pages.

Much cheaper than those comicLink Action #1 wraps. Asking $175. SOLD to countcomics.

Can include a color laser copy of More Fun #14 front cover for FREE.

morefun14.jpg

Keep in mind that my scans are wider than real life so accentuates any flaws.

Would like to sell these 1st 2 Falcon appearances as a pair.

Captain America #117 raw 6.5 fn+ wht to off-wht pages

captamer117.jpg

Capt America #118 raw 5.5 fn- wht to off-wht pages. Still glossy red cover.

captamer118.jpg

Asking $50 for both. Ostreet value is about $50 + $20.

Plz pmail if any questions.

I used to have an ASM 14 9.4 OW 2 W...I sold it and bought artwork though.

Hi Kevin,

I am sure you made the right sale decision at the time. I started buying original art in 1979 but have eBayed most of my non-personal OA collection. Keep on collecting!

WOW! I wish I had an extra 3k :sorry:

For virgin White pages on the ASM #14, you can work overtime this summer. 2 month time payments are possible with deposit. :baiting:

as much as I'd love too , I'd be pushing the envelope waaay too hard :cry:

More Fun #14 Dec, 1936 1st Superman prototype in color that came out about 1.5 years BEFORE Action #1. Coverless and I parsed out the centerfold that I needed. Still has 1st wrap attached to staples.

Unfortunately, this copy is missing 1/2 of the page 1 Dr. Occult (not in costume yet) introduction to page 2 which includes the KEY 1st Superman prototype entire page. Above average off-white pages.

Much cheaper than those comicLink Action #1 wraps. Asking $175.

morefun14.jpg

I'll be shocked if those book doesn't sell.

Also worthy of mention is that More Fun Comics #14 is the first DC appearence of Dr. Occult, so in a way, this comic could be considered the first DC superhero book in a sense.

Good asking price, I wish I could buy it from you but the budget's tight. :(

The following key comics have been graded per Overstreet standards unless Cgc graded. None of the raw comics have been pressed unless stated. Prices are fairly firm, as I have tried to price then below Overstreet or market value for your satisfaction. :luhv:

All prices in US funds. I accept PayPal, int'l money order, bank draft, checks. Estimated postage to continental USA or Canada for raw comic(s) shipped in a small box is $10 or via XpressPost with basic insurance of $100 and tracking # is about $22. Int'l fed ex to be determined. Comics will be shipped from Canada.

Refund policy:

100% refund on raw comics if dissatisfied when returned within 7 days of receipt in same condition as sent. Sorry, no returns on Cgc graded comics, as they claim to grade more strictly than I do.

Winner determined by time stamp of final pmail negotiation or posted :takeit:. I will ponder counter-offers but reserve the right to reject them if too lowball. :frustrated:

Some of my scans are wider than normal due to wonky scanner. Pmail with any questions.

Amaz Spider-man v. 1 #14 Cgc 9.0 White pgs. $3,000.

GPA latest sale for Cgc 9.0 earlier in 2010 is $3,300 but it can't beat my page quality which is virgin WHITE. Cgc 9.2 has sold for $5,800 for comparison.

Disclosure:

If you squint at the ASM head logo, there is a light charcoal pencil "8" for 8 cents on it that may be pro cleaned off by the buyer. Comic was pro pressed by Joeypost but the comic was already flat (no spine roll) so don't know if pressing did any good.

asm14.jpg

asm14b.jpg

:takeit:

Refund policy:

Disclosure:

asm14.jpg

asm14b.jpg

Shill, be careful

Refund policy:

Disclosure:

asm14.jpg

asm14b.jpg

probable Shill, be careful

+1 He just lost another post as well with the masking (FYI posts were in probation discussion thread)...I would advise caution as well

Much cheaper than those comicLink Action #1 wraps. Asking $175.

morefun14.jpg

But for that iconic page shown, it is well worth your asking price (and more!).

MF 14 :cloud9: