• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Far Side Question

46 posts in this topic

Far Side :cloud9:

I don't know of a comic strip that made me laugh more.

"The Far Side" is, by far, the greatest daily strip ever. Nothing even comes close. 100%, unadulterated genius.

I love "Calvin and Hobbes" and "Peanuts" but, IMO, "The Far Side" crushed everything. No contest.

Agreed. Far Side was the best written strip of all time. Can't think of any other

strip that made me laugh out loud nearly as often.

One of my favorites:

the-far-side-comic.jpg

I would have swore that the sign said "Xavier School for the Gifted," but I guess I am getting my X-Men intermingled with my Far Side.

I always think of this one when I see someone (or even myself) do this. doh!

3921825258_70d74d675d_o.jpg

I always think of you as late to the party :baiting:

Trying to put how incredible Far Side was into words, is nearly impossible. I laughed until I cried reading those. Every now and then, I'll come across a gallery book at B&N, I can open it to any random page and I guarantee I will laugh out loud.

Heck, just looking at a Far Side book sitting on the shelf puts a smile on my face, I instantly start thinking about all my favorites...its like reminiscing about an old friend.

The first Far Side comic I remember reading was the one where the giant aliens put some humans in a mason jar, one alien tells the other not to forget to punch holes in the lid this time...I was hooked.

I too am a big fan of the Farside. If you want all of the cartoons in a nice two volume hardcover slipcase set you could still get it at Amazon or one of the other booksellers. It is called "The Complete Farside" and I think it goes for about $100.00 US currently. I cannot remember what I paid when it first came out but I do know it was worth it.

I too am a big fan of the Farside. If you want all of the cartoons in a nice two volume hardcover slipcase set you could still get it at Amazon or one of the other booksellers. It is called "The Complete Farside" and I think it goes for about $100.00 US currently. I cannot remember what I paid when it first came out but I do know it was worth it.

+1

all-in-one Far Side compendium :cloud9:

+1

all-in-one Far Side compendium :cloud9:

Yup - $94.50 on Amazon (List price $150)

A couple used ones up on eBay right now if you want to save some cash and plan on reading the thing.