• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How well does Metropolis grade?

146 posts in this topic

Well you don't know me so don't make up your stupid little theories and question my grading. Have you ever dealt with me? NO. I received 67 raw books from Drbanner last week and both of us practically agreed on the grade for the whole lot.

Do I have to post all of the 67 scans to prove my point? NO! For what? insufficiently_thoughtful_person

Yes, I can question someone else's grading standards if I am their customer. That's why there is a return policy in place because they have to realize that they do mess up from time to time. No big deal to me...send it back...give me a refund...and we're done.

I even called Metropolis today to give them a heads up. They asked me why I graded some of the TOD's so low.

I said for example, "one of them has 8 spine breaks with 4 breaking color."

The customer service rep immediately yelled, "NOW THAT IS NOT NM! Return it and we will gladly refund your money"

No blood no foul.

In this particular case it was a "holy grail" book for me, a Mysterious Adventures #21. It is true I did NOT agree with the grade - but it is ALSO true that I was treated with every courtesy in returning the book, so no problem there. Maybe I was particularly annoyed with it at the time, because I had had such a dickens (what the **** does that mean anyway) of a time finding that book.

But the search continued and, I ended up getting the River City copy of that ish, a nice NM-. So all is well.

And naturally, since then I've seen the book about 4-5 times! tongue.gif Nothing approaching mine's condition, tho. grin.gif

Cool did it smell good? wink.gif

Dude, I just got home from a long day. I didn't mean to pounce on you. I just don't appreciate it when someone has the nerve to make accusations of how I grade when they don't know me or what the situation was. Trust me if I sold those TOD's to you as NM, you'd probably want to punch me out tongue.gif

I agree, but in all honesty I think it was an above board deal, where the book was never maybe taken out of its mylar - it looked OK from the front. I'll just never forget my reaction when I carefully took it out of its mylar and saw the back! shocked.gif

Anyway, it bears repeating I was able to return it no prob. I don't want to come across as having a Metropolis problem, as I really have none per se. I don't think there's a dealer I've ordered from more than a few times where I never returned at least SOMETHING. And I don't buy all that many books (compared to others, IMO.)