• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How well does Metropolis grade?

146 posts in this topic

WTF???..........I went in there and slammed ablue for you........sniff.......you don't even notice when I do something special for you anymore.......sniffle......when was the last time you told me how pretty I was?.........

You have to remember I was on the road last night driving cross country........I logged on and dissed ablue this morning when I saw he was deserving my slams. smirk.gif

Yo Ricky.......I just checked the box on the order form for free upgrade to second day air, so I got them in 2 days.

Dammit.....I was trying to get Ricky all ticked off by telling him he missed out on a free second day air upgrade and the sucka didn't even fall for it. mad.gif

I think it took them ........I dunno.......5 or 6 days to get the book to me. You can email Metropolis and get the tracking number and check where your books are.

You didn't watch my back last night with ablue!

Greggy, you didn't need any help. You laid waste on his dumb . He seems like a nice enough guy, but he is a person_having_a_hard_time_understanding_my_point.

Chris

FF - what teenager that you know personally is into Rockford Pedigrees and Golden Age books? All teens I know are into Mage Knight and Heroclix (geeky teens to boot) and have nary a clue what a real comic is.

Ablue's abrasive comments rub people the wrong way. I've bumped heads with him plenty of times as well and I realize that "DO NOT FEED THE TROLL" is a good policy to adopy when he is ranting about some CGC conspiracy to keep his restored book's values down. That recent thread with ablue against the board was just crazy and it reminded me of riling meth to answer accusations about his private feedback and cutting up books.

As a businessman, I have nothing against selling restoreds (with full disclosure of course) to people who want them and I can respect that. I also understand that now is not the time to sell them if you are looking to flip them for a profit. As a collector, if one can not swing an exorbitantly expensive key book then a restored copy is the next best option, but collectors will not pay for these books at a premium.

I thought he might be a teenager because he said in the Golden Age forum that the Rockford Batman 3 was "gifted to me by my uncle." I've never had an uncle, or any relative for that matter, care enough about comics to give me anything besides whatever was available at the local grocery store when they went out for milk and bread. If I had an uncle I was close to with a Batman 3 when I was a teenager, my collecting preferences would likely have been drastically altered.

I didn't notice him saying he bought from Gerry Ross back in 1985...he did say that? If he did, I guess he isn't a teenager. The other reason I thought he might be young is because of all the misspellings, bad grammar, and the way he gets flustered easily whenever somebody disagrees with him.