• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty Book 3/01/04

21 posts in this topic

That's strange, I asked PCE about two PC copies and here is what they had to say.......

"As far as we know, there was only one copy of House of Secrets #81."

Sincerely,

Andrew Kwon

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So what's up guys??

confused.gif are there two copies of this book in this pedigree? Or is one of these books a recent clean and press victim?

Yes - and what is the strange and horrible curse that prevents this book from being scanned properly, and is there anything that we can do to lift this curse?

Tom where did you get your book?

For those wondering, I found out Tom had an HOS 81 9.4 PC copy.

I was trying to work out a possible deal. Sterling Comics mentioned that Donger had a copy. I wondered what what up so I e-mailed PCE. They wrote the reply above. Of course I then thought something was wrong with Donger's story. So here we are now with two different books.

So the next step is tracking down where they came from. Maybe serial number sequence? Are there two books or is one a "fake" PC copy. However either way, both are good looking books. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hi All: .No conspiracy here. Shortly after PCE bought the collection, at the time it was listed as the OO Pedigree on their website, I was buying books from a very nice guy in CA. When I received the first group of books, needless to say, I was blown away, they were awesome newstand fresh copies. I continued dealing with him and naturally asked if he had other books, he told me that he had just sold a collection to a major dealer. As there were holes in some of the runs, I inquired as to who had purchased all those wonderful books. Answer: "PCE".

It took a long time for CGC to recognize the books as PC, I had to give them a list of books, the OO was kind enough to respond to their inquiries, I had support from some influential collectors, and finally it happened. Of course all the books that I had graded I had to pay to have them reholdered to include the Pedigree on the label.

So that's the answer, there are some duplicates in the collection and I have spoken to RR about them. PCE is aware they exist.

In fact as I was reading this post, I recalled speaking to Rob about this book HOS 81 specifically. He was upset that he had sold his copy so cheap early on and didn't recognize it's significance.

Tom

if anyone has any tips on how to scan this CGC book i'd like to hear them - when i got sterling's email last night about this other listing my curiosity was piqued.

For the other copy of this book, are you willing to share the census number and does anyone have any advice on how this might come to resolution? i bought it to complete my horror collection, not so much for the pedigree - since the book only went for 350 i'd have paid that without the PCE designation.

any help is appreciated. thanks for your time!

guy

Here is the CGC registration number 0110938013.

I find it interesting that some forum members assume that they are the judge and jury when it comes to the Conspiracy Theories that they propose on these boards.

The comics hobby has grown in leaps and bounds since it's humble beginnings. Since CGC has entered into the equation, books have escalated in value and .2 points in grade can ultimately mean thousands of $ to the seller.

It has gotten to the point that posting on these boards, trying to share information or images of books that some don't get to see is no longer fun.

I read all the BS that gets posted, respond to PM's, and have come to the realization that the majority of posters don't know WTF they're talking about.

I have had many positive experiences in this hobby, sadly these boards don't make that list.

sign-rantpost.gif

See Ya, Tom

I hear you on that! There is so much BS that it's hard to wade through it all. There are only a few furum members on here that have posts worth reading. I seem to find most of them are posting in the SA & GA sections.

The "General Comics" threads are rarely noteworthy on true comic related ideas, thoughts and info. Nothing but conspiracies and "he said, (s)he said", how sad, how truly truly sad. frown.gif

timely