• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

This is pretty damn tough. Hardware 1 Platinum retailer variant:

I have it slabbed in 9.6 it was the first book I ever slabbed thought it was perfect back then. I think its still tied for top in census but havent checked in years. I thought it was fairly tough at the time. Anyone interested let me know. :grin:

Impressive. Most impressive.

But you are not a jedi yet.

Yeah, you have to go through the frathouse hazing process first. Sucking face with your sister, getting an Aunt Beru haircut, enjoy listening to the Ewok "Nub-Nub" song playing with your friends and getting your hand chopped off by your dad, etc.

:whee:

I love that a thread titled "absolute Hardest to Find 90's Books" spent 15 pages talking about Deathmate.

I have a lot of books I could post here, but even the rare books are mostly things people have heard of, so let me start with one most people haven't: Here's a DC book not in Overstreet:

unclesamashcan.jpg

At first glance, this belongs in the $1 bin... but notice that this is an Ashcan, aprox 16 pages, no dialog, no price, stapled instead of prestige format. Perhaps a precursor to the RRP program, or maybe a part of DC's "First Look"? If anyone knows more, please drop some science on me!

Poster: valiantman

Subject: Re: The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.

Originally Posted By: the blob

I know this isn't really the thread to ask, but it's a HTF book (sort of), what does a 1st print of the Antarctic Strangers in Paradise 2 tend to go for, let's say in 9.2 or so (unslabbed)? No history on ebay now, just someone trying to sell a VG for $23 (way over guide).

I'd say around $30 for a 9.2 unslabbed.

Exactly. I've seen and sometimes bought VF copies in the $30 range, including the $36 I paid in 2009 for this CGC SS 9.0 - ...Fairly reasonable for a 2000 print run book.

sip.png

Poster: valiantman

Subject: Re: The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.

Originally Posted By: the blob

I know this isn't really the thread to ask, but it's a HTF book (sort of), what does a 1st print of the Antarctic Strangers in Paradise 2 tend to go for, let's say in 9.2 or so (unslabbed)? No history on ebay now, just someone trying to sell a VG for $23 (way over guide).

I'd say around $30 for a 9.2 unslabbed.

Exactly. I've seen and sometimes bought VF copies in the $30 range, including the $36 I paid in 2009 for this CGC SS 9.0 - ...Fairly reasonable for a 2000 print run book.

sip.png

The $30 was right on the money.

I love that a thread titled "absolute Hardest to Find 90's Books" spent 15 pages talking about Deathmate.

I have a lot of books I could post here, but even the rare books are mostly things people have heard of, so let me start with one most people haven't: Here's a DC book not in Overstreet:

unclesamashcan.jpg

At first glance, this belongs in the $1 bin... but notice that this is an Ashcan, aprox 16 pages, no dialog, no price, stapled instead of prestige format. Perhaps a precursor to the RRP program, or maybe a part of DC's "First Look"? If anyone knows more, please drop some science on me!

That is a "First Look" book, much like the "Vertigo Encyclopedia" that mschmidt is hoarding. Sort of a preview-y thing. Tough to find - and you're right, it will be in a $1 box most of the time.

Impressive. Most impressive.

But you are not a jedi yet.

Yeah, you have to go through the frathouse hazing process first. Sucking face with your sister, getting an Aunt Beru haircut, enjoy listening to the Ewok "Nub-Nub" song playing with your friends and getting your hand chopped off by your dad, etc.

:whee:

:roflmao:

I've noticed on eBay that this thing is priced in the $200 and up range...

Can anyone give me some info on it...

149072_151175868262007_100001087832702_269574_7848011_n.jpg

That's the Danger Girl variant of the Italian Cliffhanger #12 - some company imported a stack of those from Italy, had Campbell sign & sketch on them at Baltimore in 2009, created their own CoA, and, hey presto, were suddenly in possession of an instant manufactured collectible.

It's neat due to the cover - everyone loves a Campbell bikini chick - but if you pay anywhere near their asking price for this book, you're a grade-a sucker.

I've noticed on eBay that this thing is priced in the $200 and up range...

Can anyone give me some info on it...

149072_151175868262007_100001087832702_269574_7848011_n.jpg

That's the Danger Girl variant of the Italian Cliffhanger #12 - some company imported a stack of those from Italy, had Campbell sign & sketch on them at Baltimore in 2009, created their own CoA, and, hey presto, were suddenly in possession of an instant manufactured collectible.

It's neat due to the cover - everyone loves a Campbell bikini chick - but if you pay anywhere near their asking price for this book, you're a grade-a sucker.

I didn't figure it was very legit, those things are always on ebay and never seem to sell.

I got mine with a stack of Cliffhangers I bought from a guy for cheap.

It'll make a nice SS!