• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

I will add a few from the core publishers. While these books are tougher to find you can find them. I just dont find them in NM or higher very often if I ever find them at all. I very rarily find them in any stores I visit. Ebay seems to be the only venue I see them show up. Just some books for discussion tired of reading about Deathmate.

Spectre 54 - 1st Mr. Terrific. Found 3 copies in about 7 years of looking for fun. You just dont find the book. I see 3 copies on ebay currently. Very tough in higher grade never had one in NM a couple close.

Resident Evil Magazines/Wildstorm - Dont know what the print run was on these, but they dont show up much and when they do they sell very well.

Resident Evil/Capcom Giveaway - Sells well, but again dont see many copies a few in ebay currently.

Flex Mentallo - Always good to pick up a book that probably wont ever be reprinted. The book would sky rocket if something is ever done with story.

Ghost Rider 90-93 - Tough issues to find tougher in higher grade. I never keep one of these issues long, but I dont find them much either.

Marvel Comics Presents 175 - Never find it in shops. See a couple on ebay currently. Love the cover.

Swamp Thing 171 - Last issue Millar wrote it. Never found one in a shop anywhere, but a few on ebay usually.

I found a run of Ghost Rider from 70-93 all in NM+ yesterday and I bought them all at $2 each.

I also got Amazing Spider-Man 430-441 in NM+ for $2 each, Daredevil 368-380 in the same condition for the same prices, a Green Lantern: The Power of Ion trade paperback for $5 and several other hard-to-find 1990s books at the same flea market.

How long were you able to contain your glee when you bought them?

(worship)

Edited by Fastballspecial

It's unlikely that premium books from early Valiant are in any "unsold" quantities...

but the later Gold editions (1994) are definitely potentials for some type of "warehouse find".

Can you imagine finding an unopened case of Archer & Armstrong 0 Gold or Eternal Warrior 1 Gold Flat? It would be like winning the lottery if you released them slowly into the market.

See thats the kicker. Alot of buyers would blab and ruin their find.

The OP would do just what I would do one at a time.

I will add a few from the core publishers. While these books are tougher to find you can find them. I just dont find them in NM or higher very often if I ever find them at all. I very rarily find them in any stores I visit. Ebay seems to be the only venue I see them show up. Just some books for discussion tired of reading about Deathmate.

Spectre 54 - 1st Mr. Terrific. Found 3 copies in about 7 years of looking for fun. You just dont find the book. I see 3 copies on ebay currently. Very tough in higher grade never had one in NM a couple close.

Resident Evil Magazines/Wildstorm - Dont know what the print run was on these, but they dont show up much and when they do they sell very well.

Resident Evil/Capcom Giveaway - Sells well, but again dont see many copies a few in ebay currently.

Flex Mentallo - Always good to pick up a book that probably wont ever be reprinted. The book would sky rocket if something is ever done with story.

Ghost Rider 90-93 - Tough issues to find tougher in higher grade. I never keep one of these issues long, but I dont find them much either.

Marvel Comics Presents 175 - Never find it in shops. See a couple on ebay currently. Love the cover.

Swamp Thing 171 - Last issue Millar wrote it. Never found one in a shop anywhere, but a few on ebay usually.

I found a run of Ghost Rider from 70-93 all in NM+ yesterday and I bought them all at $2 each.

I also got Amazing Spider-Man 430-441 in NM+ for $2 each, Daredevil 368-380 in the same condition for the same prices, a Green Lantern: The Power of Ion trade paperback for $5 and several other hard-to-find 1990s books at the same flea market.

How long were you able to contain your glee when you bought them?

(worship)

I started buying them last weekend and I plan to go back for more this weekend. I wasn't expecting 1990s comics to be selling for such high prices. Needless to say, when I got back home with the large stacks I was pleasantly surprised to see some were worth way more than I'd paid for them.

There are plenty of books out there that have less than 5k print runs not selling for any more than that. Also I believe to a lot of collectors (myself included) they don't look at it as a 5k print run comic. Each Deathmate had print runs of what, 50k? 100k? I don't much care what color the foil is, it's an extremely high print run comic, and if I already own a copy with red or blue foil I'm extremely less likely to pick up a copy with a different colored foil on it. Especially if the comic isn't even worth reading lol

perhaps so, but this was a pretty bid deal in the day as opposed to some nothing book put out by a small publisher with a 5K print-run.

i guess 1:10 variants of mid tier mainstream titles are only 2-5K copies as well.

Diff'rent strokes (shrug)

This thread is just chock full of fail.

:(

lol

:makepoint: I like this thread. It has grown beyond your myopic self-interest.

Myopia.

:cloud9:

Still...it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to the actual hardest to find 90's books...rather than just "books most stores don't carry, but which can be found on eBay every day of the week, and which some of us have many multiples."

(thumbs u

lol

Myopia.

Still...it would be nice to have a thread dedicated to the actual hardest to find 90's books...rather than just "books most stores don't carry, but which can be found on eBay every day of the week, and which some of us have many multiples."

(thumbs u

people have run out of material, for now, after 30 pages of this thread. is that surprising?

I don't know other than it's a little mini book that I can't find anywhere else. The comic book Big Mouth by Pat Moriarty was published by Fantagraphics. This is just some sort of little self published minicomic. Indicia says 1994

I don't know other than it's a little mini book that I can't find anywhere else. The comic book Big Mouth by Pat Moriarty was published by Fantagraphics. This is just some sort of little self published minicomic. Indicia says 1994

Still, a neat looking book.

Example:

Defiant Comics...

FULL CHECKLIST

01...Birth Of The DEFIANT Universe

06...Charlemagne 0, 1-5

11...Dark Dominion 0, 1-10

03...DEFIANT Genesis 1A, 1B, 1C

05...Dogs Of War

09...Good Guys

01...Origin Of The DEFIANT Universe

02...Plasm 0 (Previews and Stand Alone Editions)

04...Prudence & Caution 1-2, Var 1-2

03...Splatterball 1A, 1B, 1C (Gold Seal, Silver Seal, No Seal)

01...The Great Grimmax 0

06...War Dancer 1-6

15...Warriors of Plasm 1-13, TPB's 2

Harder to find issues include...

Birth of the Defiant Universe

Plasm 0

Prudence and Caution - Spanish Language Editions

Splatterball - No Seal

Example:

TSR Comics

CHECKLIST

A TSR Full Set of Comics

08...13: ASSASSIN

02...AGENT 13 GRAPHIC NOVELS

01...BIRTHRIGHT THE SERPENTS EYE

10...BUCK ROGERS COMICS MODULE

01...DRAGONLANCE FIFTH AGE COMIC BOOK

03...DRAGONLANCE SAGA

01...THE FINIEOUS TREASURY

01...FORGOTTEN REALMS THE GRAND TOUR

09...INTRUDER COMICS MODULE

01...LABYRINTH OF MADNESS

08...R.I.P. COMICS MODULE

01...SNARFQUEST COLLECTION

09...WARHAWKS COMICS MODULE

Harder to find issues include...

02...AGENT 13 GRAPHIC NOVELS

01...THE FINIEOUS TREASURY

Edited by Earl Davis

lol

Myopia.

(thumbs u

people have run out of material, for now, after 30 pages of this thread. is that surprising?

13 pages for me...but if you look, it's been the same since the very start of the thread....

And there are dastardly rare books that have never yet been mentioned...