• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Absolute Hardest to Find 90's books.
7 7

1,246 posts in this topic

Example:

TSR Comics

CHECKLIST

A TSR Full Set of Comics

08...13: ASSASSIN

02...AGENT 13 GRAPHIC NOVELS

01...BIRTHRIGHT THE SERPENTS EYE

10...BUCK ROGERS COMICS MODULE

01...DRAGONLANCE FIFTH AGE COMIC BOOK

03...DRAGONLANCE SAGA

01...THE FINIEOUS TREASURY

01...FORGOTTEN REALMS THE GRAND TOUR

09...INTRUDER COMICS MODULE

01...LABYRINTH OF MADNESS

08...R.I.P. COMICS MODULE

01...SNARFQUEST COLLECTION

09...WARHAWKS COMICS MODULE

Harder to find issues include...

I was just wondering what the numbers in front of each title stands for?

Example:

TSR Comics

CHECKLIST

A TSR Full Set of Comics

03...DRAGONLANCE SAGA

Sorry I justed pasted it from my existing checklists. That's the number of issues each series ran for.

Earl.

Example:

TSR Comics

CHECKLIST

A TSR Full Set of Comics

03...DRAGONLANCE SAGA

Sorry I justed pasted it from my existing checklists. That's the number of issues each series ran for.

Earl.

What are your findings for Innovation and Now comics? Those are two of my favorite indy publishers.

I love NOW. I think they had pretty high print runs on most of their stuff though. They were one of few indy comics to get distributed outside comic shops. They were also early adopters of licensed comics in the indy market.

I love NOW. I think they had pretty high print runs on most of their stuff though. They were one of few indy comics to get distributed outside comic shops. They were also early adopters of licensed comics in the indy market.

Some of the Terminator covers were amazing, and the stories were good. But that inside artwork...

:sick:

Oh yeah, at least one of the Ralph Snart trades is tough to find though. I don't remember which one it is. I think one was easy to get and one was rare.

The NOW Ralph Snart HARDCOVER is rare. The trade paperback reprinting the early stuff is pretty rare, too, but the hardcover was limited originally to only 300 copies. There was some kind of rift that developed between the publisher of NOW and Marc Hansen and so publisher Tony Caputo ended up with a few copies of the HC and I don't think they ever made it into the public's hands. I'm not sure if Tony still has any of those copies, but he sent me mine several years ago when I did some research on NOW. Last I talked to him, he was trying to put the nightmare of what happened to that once-great publishing giant behind him.

Oh yeah, at least one of the Ralph Snart trades is tough to find though. I don't remember which one it is. I think one was easy to get and one was rare.

The NOW Ralph Snart HARDCOVER is rare. The trade paperback reprinting the early stuff is pretty rare, too, but the hardcover was limited originally to only 300 copies. There was some kind of rift that developed between the publisher of NOW and Marc Hansen and so publisher Tony Caputo ended up with a few copies of the HC and I don't think they ever made it into the public's hands. I'm not sure if Tony still has any of those copies, but he sent me mine several years ago when I did some research on NOW. Last I talked to him, he was trying to put the nightmare of what happened to that once-great publishing giant behind him.

There we go...now we're on the right track.... :)

He tried to steal the rights to Ralph Snart from Hansen. That's why there are two issues of vol. 3 and a miniseries with other creators. It was a battle for Hansen to get his creation back.

I'm not so sure that's the full story, though, because Hansen came back to NOW in the late 1990s and early 2000s and was doing more work for Tony and the NOW 2.0 company and then they split again. I know NOW published a Doc Gorpon trade paperback that is super, super rare, so the partnership was renewed long enough to produce the Ralph Snart trade paperback and hardcover and at least one Doc Gorpon trade. I think there was maybe a Weird Melvin trade that NOW published back then, too. I have those somewhere in my longboxes of trade paperbacks. I actually have one of the Hansen drawings that was supposed to go into a hardcover and a shrinkwrapped HC. I know those were in the low 100s as far as the print run. I'd say Doc Gorpon and Weird Melvin trade paperbacks would have to be far fewer.

He tried to steal the rights to Ralph Snart from Hansen. That's why there are two issues of vol. 3 and a miniseries with other creators. It was a battle for Hansen to get his creation back.

I'm not so sure that's the full story, though, because Hansen came back to NOW in the late 1990s and early 2000s and was doing more work for Tony and the NOW 2.0 company and then they split again. I know NOW published a Doc Gorpon trade paperback that is super, super rare, so the partnership was renewed long enough to produce the Ralph Snart trade paperback and hardcover and at least one Doc Gorpon trade. I think there was maybe a Weird Melvin trade that NOW published back then, too. I have those somewhere in my longboxes of trade paperbacks. I actually have one of the Hansen drawings that was supposed to go into a hardcover and a shrinkwrapped HC. I know those were in the low 100s as far as the print run. I'd say Doc Gorpon and Weird Melvin trade paperbacks would have to be far fewer.

I haven't read Caputo's side of the story, but Hansen has blogged his side.