• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saw a recent sale price in new OPG that has to be wrong!

12 posts in this topic

Went to the book store today to peruse the market reports and such in the new OPG. I don't have the money to buy one, so I thought I'd just settle on reading some of the reports for now. When I started looking over the section that lists recent CGC graded prices realized, I see a New Mutants 98 in 9.9 with a price of $12,900 something!!! :sick:. This must be a typo or did somone actually fork that kinda money out for that book. Anyone have any info??

Crazy stuff. I can't knock the buyer or seller of course, I just hope said buyer has alot of patience if he ever thinks he'll turn a profit on that. I mean there are alot of 9.8 copies and only one 9.9 but simply put, that means it's the only 9.9 GRADED thus far. I have tons of books I have not sent in that I know will grade 9.8 and at least a few 9.9's. The census tells us only a little of the story as far as implied scarcity for a certain issue in grade is concerned. With that said, with all the submissions of this book so far I don't see a deluge of 9.9 submissions happening anytime soon, but who knows????

I am the owner of at least two 9.9 books that are the only one on the census, unfortunately for me they're not key books. To sum it up, I have only submitted about 9 books to CGC and have recieved I think 2 or 3 9.9's. One being a Secret Wars #5 which had the thick stock cover and the other I remember being a Detective Comics #826 Linky which I'm pretty stoked on still :banana:. Anyhow :blahblah: