• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #38 CGC 8.0 Blue on eBay!

22 posts in this topic

What are you doing flagging a Robin book?! Don't you know he's the anti-christ, and all books with him should be treated with utter contempt (except for Batman #1, where suddenly all the Robin haters get all googly-eyed)?

This is a pretty hefty price for the book considering the prices that the 9.4 Allentown copy has sold for.

I know that the Allentown copy was part of the Nic Cage Collection, sold by Heritage. I think it went for over $100,000 at the time. Didn't Jay Parino buy it ? - I believe he had it on his site for awhile....

I think the first appearance of Robin is HUGE !!....Certainly bigger than any other "sidekick" first appearance. Stop anyone on the street and they know who Robin is, where's most people don't know Bucky or Speedy.....

I know that the Allentown copy was part of the Nic Cage Collection, sold by Heritage. I think it went for over $100,000 at the time. Didn't Jay Parino buy it ? - I believe he had it on his site for awhile....

I think the first appearance of Robin is HUGE !!....Certainly bigger than any other "sidekick" first appearance. Stop anyone on the street and they know who Robin is, where's most people don't know Bucky or Speedy.....

Totally agree, but the GA fanboys on these boards treat him like a case of leprosy.

I'd love to take a gander at that 9.4!!!!! Anyone know who owns it? Probably the dentist?

You'd be able to see it right now if you liked in the Heritage auction history. I believe it's the infamous copy with a large, dark dust shadow on the back edge that lots of people love to argue that it should lower it way below 9.4.

I'd love to take a gander at that 9.4!!!!! Anyone know who owns it? Probably the dentist?

You'd be able to see it right now if you liked in the Heritage auction history. I believe it's the infamous copy with a large, dark dust shadow on the back edge that lots of people love to argue that it should lower it way below 9.4.

Yea, I took a look. It is in the old school CGC holder and I did notice the dust shadow on the back. The front cover is stunning.

When did Nick Cage liquidate his books? That is the first book with the "from the collection of Nic Cage" that I saw with the old label on it.

Yea, I took a look. It is in the old school CGC holder and I did notice the dust shadow on the back. The front cover is stunning.

When did Nick Cage liquidate his books? That is the first book with the "from the collection of Nic Cage" that I saw with the old label on it.

I believe he consigned them to Heritage for an OCT 2002 auction.

Totally agree, but the GA fanboys on these boards treat him like a case of leprosy.

yeah, I know it was strictly a ploy to get kids to say "Hey, that could be me with Batman"....thus making super heroes more relatable. But for those of us who grew up watching the 1960s campy tv show, it's pure :cloud9:

I remember when I was in the Navy when the first Batman movie came out with Michael Keaton. All I heard was "Where's Robin ?".....