• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mid-Ohio-Con - November 6-7, 2010 - Columbus, OH

103 posts in this topic

I was thinking of making the 6 hour drive with the family to the Mid-Ohio-Con in Columbus next month. I checked out the web site but am unsure about this con.

What can you guys tell me about this convention from past experience?

Good selection of vintage GA/SA/BA books from national dealers?

Do I need two days to enjoy the show, or can I see everything comic related in one day?

Which major dealers or boardies will be setting up at this show? I can't find an exhibitor list on their site.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks! (thumbs u

I attended a couple years ago, my one and only time attending. IMO, it was a good show but not much better than a small local show. I was looking for high grade slabs and only two dealers were there with that kind of inventory, Worldwide and Dale Roberts. I am concerned about the promoters not telling us who the exhibitors will be this year. I have a feeling there is not a lot of participation.

Easy, mindless drive from Chicago. Nice small town but they did give me a parking ticket so be careful. One full day is plenty.

Thanks for the recap Bob. I booked a hotel room for Saturday night out there. The family and I will drive up early Saturday morning getting there between 11-12 (I hope!) We'll spend the day at the show, spend the night and drive back Sunday. Sounds like you are coming out too?

If any dealers are reading this, I'm looking for TMNT books. I'm hoping for high-grade (9.4+) from volume 1 and any condition from the later volumes. I'm driving to this show and could haul back quite a bit. :)

If any dealers are reading this, I'm looking for TMNT books. I'm hoping for high-grade (9.4+) from volume 1 and any condition from the later volumes. I'm driving to this show and could haul back quite a bit. :)

If Motor City is attending you could be in luck, Mike Goldman had a big ol' pile of early TMNT the last I knew.

If Motor City is attending you could be in luck, Mike Goldman had a big ol' pile of early TMNT the last I knew.

Nope, no such luck, Motor City isn't listed. With their show two weeks after they might be to busy to set up

I was lucky and they had their stuff for me to browse through at NYCC. :) That doesn't mean I won't pick up new stuff the next time I see them though. It's a great collection. Thanks for the heads up.

Usually at these shows, I ask for Turtles and 9 times out of 10, I hear "I have a ton of them, but I didn't bring any this time." :tonofbricks: I'm trying to get ahead of that this time.