• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic book answers the oil spill problem : With commentary

11 posts in this topic

samson14.jpg

The year....... 1968.

The publisher .....Gold Key.

The title .....Mighty Samson.

The purpose......warning future generations how to deal with oil spill troubles.

samsonoil1panelcrop.jpg

In destroyed New York City, life as we know it has ended. There is NO electricity. There is NO grocery store. There is NO police dept. But there is Samson......the one eyed super strong hero who is good and wants to help the surviving peoples of Tallplace Town (or N'Yark).....to live.

samsonoil1panelcrop2.jpg

But while pulling in the fishing nets for the cave man colony, Samson discovers a trouble of FUTURISTIC PROPORTIONS !!

samsonoil2panelcrop.jpg

While the Tallplace survivors fret, Mindor and Sharmaine ....the leotarded, skirt and sash wearing female notices the oil slick as well. Luckily, Mindor is a super smart scientist guy who can fix almost anything, and has restored a pre-nuclear war tug boat to perfect condition just in time for this adventure.

samsonoil2panelcrop2.jpg

Not only that, but he knows exactly what to do when a super large oil spill is threatening their livelihoods

samsonoil3panelcrop.jpg

Setting off due south, in search of the source of the oil slick, because somehow they know that oil comes from down there, they find that the oil is slowing down their progress and move to the outer edge of the slick. Course thats where the dreaded Clawed Squid resides !!

samsonoil5panelcrop.jpg

After a page and a half of action, thrills and moster battles (for those kids that don't give a rip about FUTURISTIC EVENTS) ..... we get back to the important part of this story .....Samson, Mindor and Sharmaine, the leotarded, skirt and sash wearing female, resuming their journey south. I forgot to mention they didn't have MAPQUEST either, and had to consult real maps.

samsonoil5panelcrop2.jpg

Rounding the tip of old Florida .....the searchers enter the Gulf of Mexico and soon find ........ a BP oil rig

samsonoil6panelcrop.jpg

Deducing that this is no "human error" situation , Mindor sends Samson up to investigate and stop the "spewing" oil rig.

samsonoil6panelcrop2.jpg

This is the part that really kills the enviormentalists........

The only thing worse than the oil industry ......is the Atomic power industry lol

samsonoil7panelcrop.jpg

Of course Samson knows exactly what to do with the Atomic battery.

Mindor too, the super genius scientist, knows that the sea......that great moving, churning, living body of water will take care of the oil in a very short time, cuz its part of the natural world. Sharmaine, the leotarded, skirt and sash wearing female knows nothing.

samsonoil10panelcrop.jpg

After a couple more pages of boring monster attacks and freaky auto-matic machine action, in which their tug boat gets destroyed....... our three heroes find themselves stranded on a beach without food or water. But then, after a couple of days they discover of all things, an oasis....... in old Miami beach, and who do the landlords of this oasis resemble ?? Got me ...this is an oil story hm

Lets not resort to racial profiling now ;)

samsonoil11panelcrop.jpg

After a couple more boring pages of dinosaur battles and action sequence ..... the discovered food is given to the owners of the oasis, (who we still will not racially profile). Again, Mindor touts the fact that the great moving, churning, living body of water called the ocean, will in not much time.....cleanse itself.

samsonoil11panelcrop2.jpg

And so, we come to the conclusion of this great FUTURISTIC TALE. The thankful Arabs.....eh.....Miamians, give Samson and his friends a free boat to sail home in. With all the destroyed works of mans hand...... nature still worked its magic, like it always has. And when they return to Tallplace Town......they find ....recovery.

I'm sure glad Mindor was a scientists and not a POLITICIAN !!

I thought you were going to suggest taking all the copies of X-Force #1 down to the gulf and soaking up the oil with them.

samson14.jpg

The year....... 1968.

The purpose......warning future generations how to deal with oil spill troubles.

samsonoil1panelcrop.jpg

In destroyed New York City, life as we know it has ended. There is NO electricity. There is NO grocery store. There is NO police dept. But there is Samson......the one eyed super strong hero who is good and wants to help the surviving peoples of Tallplace Town (or N'Yark).....to live.

samsonoil1panelcrop2.jpg

But while pulling in the fishing nets for the cave man colony, Samson discovers a trouble of FUTURISTIC PROPORTIONS !!

samsonoil2panelcrop.jpg

While the Tallplace survivors fret, Mindor and Sharmaine ....the leotarded, skirt and sash wearing female notices the oil slick as well. Luckily, Mindor is a super smart scientist guy who can fix almost anything, and has restored a pre-nuclear war tug boat to perfect condition just in time for this adventure.

samsonoil2panelcrop2.jpg

Not only that, but he knows exactly what to do when a super large oil spill is threatening their livelihoods

samsonoil3panelcrop.jpg

Setting off due south, in search of the source of the oil slick, because somehow they know that oil comes from down there, they find that the oil is slowing down their progress and move to the outer edge of the slick. Course thats where the dreaded Clawed Squid resides !!

samsonoil5panelcrop.jpg

After a page and a half of action, thrills and moster battles (for those kids that don't give a rip about FUTURISTIC EVENTS) ..... we get back to the important part of this story .....Samson, Mindor and Sharmaine, the leotarded, skirt and sash wearing female, resuming their journey south. I forgot to mention they didn't have MAPQUEST either, and had to consult real maps.

samsonoil5panelcrop2.jpg

Rounding the tip of old Florida .....the searchers enter the Gulf of Mexico and soon find ........ a BP oil rig

samsonoil6panelcrop.jpg

Deducing that this is no "human error" situation , Mindor sends Samson up to investigate and stop the "spewing" oil rig.

samsonoil6panelcrop2.jpg

The only thing worse than the oil industry ......is the Atomic power industry lol

samsonoil7panelcrop.jpg

Mindor too, the super genius scientist, knows that the sea......that great moving, churning, living body of water will take care of the oil in a very short time, cuz its part of the natural world. Sharmaine, the leotarded, skirt and sash wearing female knows nothing.

samsonoil10panelcrop.jpg

After a couple more pages of boring monster attacks and freaky auto-matic machine action, in which their tug boat gets destroyed....... our three heroes find themselves stranded on a beach without food or water. But then, after a couple of days they discover of all things, an oasis....... in old Miami beach, and who do the landlords of this oasis resemble ?? Got me ...this is an oil story hm

samsonoil11panelcrop.jpg

After a couple more boring pages of dinosaur battles and action sequence ..... the discovered food is given to the owners of the oasis, (who we still will not racially profile). Again, Mindor touts the fact that the great moving, churning, living body of water called the ocean, will in not much time.....cleanse itself.

And so, we come to the conclusion of this great FUTURISTIC TALE. The thankful Arabs.....eh.....Miamians, give Samson and his friends a free boat to sail home in. With all the destroyed works of mans hand...... nature still worked its magic, like it always has. And when they return to Tallplace Town......they find ....recovery.

Great stuff! (thumbs u

How in the heck did you find that story.

I bought some nice Gold Key books on the bay recently, and I always read my winnings. This and the #2 ...in my sig line below.....were some of the books. Amazing how topical it is

Wow ...... 24 hours and hardly a comment. I thought this was pretty amazing :sorry:

Well, Senormac, I just read this all and dang it was really intriguing! A perfect reflection of the culture of the day. Not being sarcastic.. I grew up in the 50;s and beyond and often look back to the "way things were" ::shudder::. This is a classic example. Thanks very much for posting it! And fvor the extra commentary. Really nicely done!

samson14.jpg

The year....... 1968.

samsonoil1panelcrop.jpg

samsonoil1panelcrop2.jpg

samsonoil2panelcrop.jpg

samsonoil2panelcrop2.jpg

samsonoil3panelcrop.jpg

samsonoil5panelcrop.jpg

samsonoil5panelcrop2.jpg

samsonoil6panelcrop.jpg

samsonoil6panelcrop2.jpg

samsonoil7panelcrop.jpg

samsonoil10panelcrop.jpg

samsonoil11panelcrop.jpg

Great stuff! (thumbs u

since the quick quote tool was made just for images let me just say

+1