• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I hope they don't kill him at least not for awhile. As far as I'm concerned Shane is the only character that raises the question of who is the walking dead and the challenges to a person's humanity in times like this. Without Shane it more closely resembles a longer version of Day of the Dead.

Run fat boy run!!

Andrea will try out her gun on shane

Maybe this is when she'll toughen up. This would be a cool transition for Andrea.

I hope they don't kill him at least not for awhile. As far as I'm concerned Shane is the only character that raises the question of who is the walking dead and the challenges to a person's humanity in times like this. Without Shane it more closely resembles a longer version of Day of the Dead.

Run fat boy run!!

+1

Would Rick have been as tough without Shane? I'm thinking not. Though he has some personal issues that are going on and are eating him up inside, he has been very supportive to the pack that is trying to survive. I know he pointed a gun at Rick and keeps acting weird around Carl and Lori, but that's a strong man to have on your side when in the pit...that's IF you know him as close as Rick does as not as Otis did. Hope he stays a little longer.

Andrea will try out her gun on shane

Nah, it's Carl all the way. I do like how they are building Andrea and Dale's "relationship."

If it was Carl, then why not do it earlier in the woods? I don't think they want to expose Carl so early in the TV show. Just my opinion.

I'm ready for them to find the kid alive or dead in the woods. The longer they drag it out, the more I want her to be dead.

I've been liking Shane more and more as this season goes. Episode 3 is no exception. He did what he had to do. A quality Rick has in the comics but doesn't seem to have a grasp on in the TV series.

Solid episode. I can't wait for the next one. :popcorn:

So far I'm enjoying this season more than last.

I liked the gallows humor of the "piñata," but I'm a little at odds that Darryl's probably my favorite character in the show, and I'm the same person who always nitpicks whenever a movie adaptation differs from the comic.

I'm in agreement with those who want to see Rick become more like he is in the comic, and more like Shane is in the movie. I want to see him make those tough, brutal desperate decisions.

The only problem with getting Rick to that point is he hasn't had all those negative revelations and events come up as he has in the comic.

He doesn't know about Shane/Lori yet, doesn't know about Judi yet, hasn't had that confrontation with Shane yet....TV Rick still believes his family can come through this as a family, together and unchanged. He doesn't know it's already too late.

I'm in agreement with those who want to see Rick become more like he is in the comic, and more like Shane is in the movie. I want to see him make those tough, brutal desperate decisions.

The only problem with getting Rick to that point is he hasn't had all those negative revelations and events come up as he has in the comic.

He doesn't know about Shane/Lori yet, doesn't know about Judi yet, hasn't had that confrontation with Shane yet....TV Rick still believes his family can come through this as a family, together and unchanged. He doesn't know it's already too late.

That's a very good point. I would think after a full season and a couple episodes he would already start being developed in that direction. Think they'll kill his wife off in the movie too?

My money is shane being killed off at the end of this season or the episode before that.

I hope he sticks around. I've gone from not liking him, to liking him and now a bit concerned that he is gonna go off the deep end.

That's a very good point. I would think after a full season and a couple episodes he would already start being developed in that direction. Think they'll kill his wife off in the movie too?

One of the best narrative devices that Kirkman had going for him was that any character could go at any time. So I hope they try to follow that path. If the danger to the main characters isn't palpable the show will lose interest quickly.

One of the best narrative devices that Kirkman had going for him was that any character could go at any time. So I hope they try to follow that path. If the danger to the main characters isn't palpable the show will lose interest quickly.

I agree but i'm afraid non of the main characters are getting killed of anytime soon. At least not until their contracts are up for renewal lol

But seriously, i don't think they are willing to risk losing viewers by killing of characters as they please.

I don't think it works like that in TV world, sadly :(