• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

The first seven episodes I have found to be very patchy. The dragging out of the Sophia story only became effective with the end of episode seven. The farm setting has dulled the atmosphere of the show and they need to move on and out of there to pick up a more dramatic pace. It would be interesting to see if the show has retained viewers through these episodes.

As far as characters are concerned - pardon the pun but they need new blood. They could do with killing a few off in one go:

Lori - whiney and dull.

Andrea - just annoying.

And Shane. Yes, Shane - his constant macho posturing and cow eyes for Lori begins to get on the old nerves after a while.

I think the female characters have been really let down by this show and it desparetly meeds Michonne to show up fairly quickly and inject a cutting edge.

Agreed!

I can just see the group spending the next 6 episodes packing.

This isn't Desparate House Wives either! It's a Zombie movie and people die. I can also do without Dale's precognitive abilities and the whole Shane issue. Shane needs to go, the show is having to create filler in order to extend his character which at the same time is creating a ripple effect with the story.

I don't think they kill Shane for a while. I think he whacks someone else though. hm

I do agree that the female characters have been weak. I do think Andrea started becoming more like the character she is in the books. Carol is just there and Lori is annoying. Probably more realistic considering what she is dealing with but meh I don't like her.

Maggie has been very cool though. I dig her.

i want to know how the return of merle is going to factor into the prison (if they end up at the prison since kirkman has stated that the show will pull from the source but not follow it).

lori, can't wait to see her shot.

andrea, come on...they are giving her more characteristics from the book but way too drawn out.

shane, i can't say it enough, kill him already. he is having by far the worst transistion form "normal" life to "walker" life and it is just making it more unbearable to watch the scenes he is in.

dale? hope they keep him around (if he is not one of the rumored cast members leaving the show). i see him continuing to try to control shane to keep the peace, maybe he will kill shane?

daryl, just give in and give it to carol. she needs a good "what for"

t-dog, i really hope he wasn't created to take the place of tyreese. oh god please don't let it be true.

out of the present characters in the book not in the comic (not including michonne, she will show soon enough), i vote for abraham, even with this soon to be long, predictable and dragged out "you need to take over" storyline in the book.

this show needs more shootin' and less blank stares.

The first seven episodes I have found to be very patchy. The dragging out of the Sophia story only became effective with the end of episode seven. The farm setting has dulled the atmosphere of the show and they need to move on and out of there to pick up a more dramatic pace. It would be interesting to see if the show has retained viewers through these episodes.

As far as characters are concerned - pardon the pun but they need new blood. They could do with killing a few off in one go:

Lori - whiney and dull.

Andrea - just annoying.

And Shane. Yes, Shane - his constant macho posturing and cow eyes for Lori begins to get on the old nerves after a while.

I think the female characters have been really let down by this show and it desparetly meeds Michonne to show up fairly quickly and inject a cutting edge.

Agreed!

I can just see the group spending the next 6 episodes packing.

This isn't Desparate House Wives either! It's a Zombie movie and people die. I can also do without Dale's precognitive abilities and the whole Shane issue. Shane needs to go, the show is having to create filler in order to extend his character which at the same time is creating a ripple effect with the story.

I don't think they kill Shane for a while. I think he whacks someone else though. hm

I do agree that the female characters have been weak. I do think Andrea started becoming more like the character she is in the books. Carol is just there and Lori is annoying. Probably more realistic considering what she is dealing with but meh I don't like her.

Maggie has been very cool though. I dig her.

Yes, I think Andrea really started to change in that last episode...which is about time.

I also wonder if Shane is going to whacks someone else as well...it kinda looked like a group shoot out in the preview.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like Shane and thought Jon Berthal did an outstanding job in Pretty Much Dead Already! But even Jon Berthal has said this is a zombie movie and people get killed.

Driving down the main highway in dubai and look what i saw

IMG-20111202-00303.jpg

Awesome!

So what does the name Magz mean anyhow?

My initials

Moutaz Al Ghussein

Z is from last letter in my name

+ my name is rare so a most people i know usally call me magz or M

Cool, I was thinking of another guy nick named Magz.

Driving down the main highway in dubai and look what i saw

IMG-20111202-00303.jpg

Awesome!

So what does the name Magz mean anyhow?

My initials

Moutaz Al Ghussein

Z is from last letter in my name

+ my name is rare so a most people i know usally call me magz or M

Cool, I was thinking of another guy nick named Magz.

:sumo: I'm the original

Trying to remember back to the original source material, I enjoyed the stories set in the prison, so I hope they include those at some future date.

Hopefully, if they do kill Shane off let it be the same character from the book who shoots him.

I haven't read all of this thread so did somebody explain why the show is having a break until February?

And any audience figures for this season so far?

Trying to remember back to the original source material, I enjoyed the stories set in the prison, so I hope they include those at some future date.

Hopefully, if they do kill Shane off let it be the same character from the book who shoots him.

I haven't read all of this thread so did somebody explain why the show is having a break until February?

The season two premiere set a ratings record.

The series placed #1 for Sunday cable ratings for the entire season. Most weeks it drew more that twice as much as the #2 show.

In layman's terms, for cable TV especially, it's a Monster.

The season two premiere set a ratings record.

The series placed #1 for Sunday cable ratings for the entire season. Most weeks it drew more that twice as much as the #2 show.

In layman's terms, for cable TV especially, it's a Monster.

(thumbs u

Michonne...

Spolier somewhat. I've never been able to find the spolier icons on task bar

Don't Google Walking Dead Fan Club

just type

[s.p.o.i.l.e.r] Your message here. [/s.p.o.i.l.e.r] remove the dots.

Anyhow, I can't find a working site for Walking Dead Fan Club, can you PM a link or post one with spoiler tags?

Edited by WiseGuyX

One of the various fan club's links was giving me trouble too but actually, the one in the spoiler is the one that I wanted anyway.

Ya, I've seen that spoiler before but not sure how much I buy into it though.