• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Decided.

Not giving into the temptation. For the amount of the cases for sale now, I'd rather get sketches done. Whew! Over that itch now. :sumo:

I have picked up 2 auto cards so far and just scored one box with the last of my eBay bucks so I won't be going crazy opening packs but figured at least have to open one box.

Man you see what the couple ultra rare cards have gone for so far? $500+ it looks like. These are the redemption cards for a piece of Rick's Sheriff's patch I believe limited to 1/18.

Maybe I can get lucky and pull one of the 1/1 of either Shane or Rick's actual badge. :) Those if they hit eBay will probably pull $1500+.

eBay link to the current auction for one of the Rick patches limited to 18. eBay Rick's Patch

You see these crazy prices routinely in the sports cards world. Always found it crazy when someone would drop 2-3k on an unproven athlete's rookie card that was numbered to 50 or less. Looks like the Cryptozoic product has some real money to be made out of it after all. Still think they would have even better sales if they had Tony Moore sketch cards inserted in very limited amounts 2c

+1

Those prices listed now are redonkulous!

Edited by FIREFLY

I have one sketch card from the box I bought and I would like to put it up on EBay.. What is a good BIN/BO to list it at? :popcorn:

How about you show it to us first and give us first dibs, Doug? :baiting:

:grin:

Take a look :popcorn:

64ox2e.jpg

28bbudj.jpg

sobf29.jpg

aky9ld.jpg

2lk61xz.jpg

I have one sketch card from the box I bought and I would like to put it up on EBay.. What is a good BIN/BO to list it at? :popcorn:

64ox2e.jpg

28bbudj.jpg

sobf29.jpg

aky9ld.jpg

2lk61xz.jpg

Awesome! One of the better looking sketch cards (thumbs u Some of them looked like a 5 year old drew them. That Lincoln wardrobe will also fetch more money, having two colors in the fabric. Might seem weird, but in sports cards or any memorabilia cards, collectors always seem to put more stock into the variety of colors in a swatch. I've seen people pay hundreds more for a baseball card swatch of a Yankee, based on the number of pinstripes on the fabric :o

64ox2e.jpg

28bbudj.jpg

sobf29.jpg

aky9ld.jpg

2lk61xz.jpg

Awesome! One of the better looking sketch cards (thumbs u Some of them looked like a 5 year old drew them. That Lincoln wardrobe will also fetch more money, having two colors in the fabric. Might seem weird, but in sports cards or any memorabilia cards, collectors always seem to put more stock into the variety of colors in a swatch. I've seen people pay hundreds more for a baseball card swatch of a Yankee, based on the number of pinstripes on the fabric :o

hm Interesting. Almost like adding value to a slab with an extra sig or more and sketch. Didn't know that. That explains the prices on the badge cards.

64ox2e.jpg

28bbudj.jpg

sobf29.jpg

aky9ld.jpg

2lk61xz.jpg

hm Interesting. Almost like adding value to a slab with an extra sig or more and sketch. Didn't know that. That explains the prices on the badge cards.

(thumbs u People are always more fascinated when there's a bunch of pretty colors lol

I always wondered if that was Sam Witwer as that zombie. :applause:

Damn now I am even more pissed than ever that AMC ran Darabont off. I think it is time to start a major campaign protesting AMC's asshattery.

Also can't wait now to attend hopefully a show this year that Witwer is at. I want to shake that man's hand and hopefully get him to sign my big WD Print of cover #1 and get him to make some sort of colored comment towards AMC on it.

:)

I am still holding out a slim hope that AMC tanks the show or sells it and another networks runs with it. The longer the show runs the less likely it will happen. Are TV rights tied to movie rights? Maybe Darabount could make a trilogy in the future? :wishluck:

I am still holding out a slim hope that AMC tanks the show or sells it and another networks runs with it. The longer the show runs the less likely it will happen. Are TV rights tied to movie rights? Maybe Darabount could make a trilogy in the future? :wishluck:

The way the industry usually works is that they probably have the rights to not only the show, but any sort of movie rights also which came along with the rights to develop and produce the show. I highly doubt Darabont somehow held onto those rights.

Also the likelihood of the show tanking bad enough for AMC to just drop it and then for another network to try to pickup the rights to run it themselves is like 1 in a million. We are stuck with either enjoying the show for what it is, and hoping AMC starts pumping money back into it since it is so successful or just give up on The Walking Dead in this media. :(

:o

That would have been an awesome prequel! I know that AMC was low budgeting the show, but I had no idea about the background stuff. Pretty sad. TWD can definitely be better quality in programming...that was my original thought a long time ago back in SDCC when previews were coming out. It looked a little cheap. But I got over it and the characters brought it alive for me regardless of the background nonsense.

I agree Jeff, hopefully it will get picked up somehow, but I wonder how much of the gore and stuff other networks would be able to show. Would HBO or Showtime have had bigger budgets for TWD? Was it ever pitched to them? Did they decline? hm

I honestly don't know if Darabont ever pitched the show to HBO or Showtime. I know it would have been a bad time 2 years ago for either of those networks to pick it up just based on everything else they had been working on at the time. Starz would have been a solid option at that time though.

You don't even want to compare budgets from what AMC is spending to what HBO, Showtime or Starz would be spending.

One of the funniest examples of a budget for a show on say a channel like HBO. If I remember correctly they spent roughly $80 million on the first 12 episodes of the show Rome. This was one of the biggest budgets at the time but I would guess a show like Game of Thrones sees a per season budget of around $50 million.

I don't honestly know what AMC is spending on the 13 episodes for season 2 of TWD but I would guess it is less than half a million per episode. Each episode would look like a damn mini high budget movie if it was on HBO or Starz.

As long as this show is popular and is the show that is carrying AMC as a network they will not let it go ever. All we can hope for is that AMC puts more money into season 3 and onward.

I really don't see them putting a lot more money into either since it is still growing in popularity in its current format. It will probably get back its full budget for season 3 but don't expect much more.