• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Kick - TV!

Who is Rick now?

Don't recognise him anymore - and thats awesome - getting badazz like the comic.

Carl - you rock

And was I alone hoping that Hershel ripped Loris fluckin face off??

This is one of the top 3 episodes.

Well done Hurd et al.

The latin guy would have made an awesome Governor!

That's a good point. He could be made to look very similar and his attitude could be comparable.

However, I am looking forward to seeing the interpretation they present in the coming weeks.

I am still shocked that some people thought last nights episode was lame or just filler.

Season so far is starting off way better than last year and will continue to get more entertaining. Gonna be an amazing 16 episodes this year. I just wish they were not doing a mid season break again. Just go 16 weeks in a row dangit. :)

I am still shocked that some people thought last nights episode was lame or just filler.

Season so far is starting off way better than last year and will continue to get more entertaining. Gonna be an amazing 16 episodes this year. I just wish they were not doing a mid season break again. Just go 16 weeks in a row dangit. :)

This posts depressed me... as I forgot about the mid season break and I did not realize there were only 16 episodes...

:sorry:

Edited by edu77

I slept it and my feelings changed a bit...I agree..this episode was lame. There really wasn't much progression. I feel like TWD is intentionally dragged out.

They spent the entire episode doing pretty much 2 things. And of those 2 things, neither one is really complete...and I'm betting they will spend another 3-4 episodes dealing with these same problems (just like last season where TWD dealt with dumb issues that should have been resolved in 2, maybe 3 episodes and moved on) when the show really should have moved on by ep 3

1. getting Herschel all better, and 2. dealing with the prisoners/clearing out the cell block

The special effects were kinda cheesy too....I thought last years were better...but maybe because last year they didn't have as much gore..

TWD did put more gore and more action...but really I think the quality of the show is the story...I really hope the pace picks up...needless slayings are fun..but only if the story is fun...otherwise I'd rather play Dead Island..

Edited by Jerry S

Rick killed a man in cold blood. There was no reason to leave that guy to be zombie food.

Second, Rick showed just how unstable he is by his treatment of the prisoners. If he wants to be on guard, that is fine. Just don't threaten and be such a hard . The way he talked to them and gave ultimatums was ridiculous. It was almost like he was begging for a fight. And if his goal is to protect his family, his actions were NOT helping.

Imagine if Rick had that kind of reception at the farm. lol.

I think this is what DiceX was talking about when he said "a line was crossed "

Edited by Claudio

Rick killed a man in cold blood. There was no reason to leave that guy to be zombie food.

Second, Rick showed just how unstable he is by his treatment of the prisoners. If he wants to be on guard, that is fine. Just don't threaten and be such a hard . The way he talked to them and gave ultimatums was ridiculous. It was almost like he was begging for a fight. And if his goal is to protect his family, his actions were NOT helping.

I think Rick did the right thing. Tomas the lead prisoner is the one who crossed the line at first and Rick was stuck reacting to this. Why setup your group to have to be watching your back from both the living and the dead when you can just take care of the problem up front. He did the right thing for the group's survival.

JerryS,

Don't you believe those two things to be big issues. I will agree that I felt that the episode dragged a bit at times, but I was also very happy with some of the progress on those two fronts. (Trying not to say too much to spoil it)

I think Rick did the right thing. Tomas the lead prisoner is the one who crossed the line at first and Rick was stuck reacting to this. Why setup your group to have to be watching your back from both the living and the dead when you can just take care of the problem up front. He did the right thing for the group's survival.

Rick was right in killing that guy. I just think he didn't need to kill the 2nd guy. I also didn't think he needed to threaten others. Why provoke a fight?

Rick was right in killing that guy. I just think he didn't need to kill the 2nd guy. I also didn't think he needed to threaten others. Why provoke a fight?

That 10 min block of show was GREAT....Rick was def justified in killing the first guy...he actually tried to get Rick killed, a few times...first by swinging at his general direction, then by throwing a zombie on top of Rick..also the 2nd guy was scratched....what else could he do....put everyone in danger by quarantining the guy - just to show everyone that he would turn into a zombie?

That 10 min block of show was GREAT....Rick was def justified in killing the first guy...he actually tried to get Rick killed, a few times...first by swinging at his general direction, then by throwing a zombie on top of Rick..also the 2nd guy was scratched....what else could he do....put everyone in danger by quarantining the guy - just to show everyone that he would turn into a zombie?

you didn't read what I wrote.

I thought it was a good episode. Not sure why they haven't removed more of the riot gear and used it.

I thought it was a big step for Carl going to the infirmary by himself. Should be interesting to see whether Lori gets to deliver the baby or not. If she does, I'm not sure she gets offed like in the book. In the book, the baby was still inside IIRC.

Regarding the 2nd guy...

I think Rick had to go after him as he couldn't take the chance of having an unknown guy lurking out there in the prison. That guy had also said that Big Tiny was his friend and had been angry at Rick about the situation.

please remember that the TV Show and The Book are not going to be exactly the same.

I don't mean that once she has the baby, she can't be killed b/c it deviates from the book. I'm saying that she becomes a mother with a small child and engenders a lot more audience sympathy. If the baby doesn't die, then what? Who cares for it?

Regarding the 2nd guy...

I think Rick had to go after him as he couldn't take the chance of having an unknown guy lurking out there in the prison. That guy had also said that Big Tiny was his friend and had been angry at Rick about the situation.

Killing a guy for those reasons seems to be crossing the line to me.

However, I think this adds to the depth of the character and is much more intriguing than smashing zombies. A show that makes us think about what is right or wrong is a lot better than 90% of the carp out there. Personally, I prefer these moral dilemmas even though I don't agree with what happened. Having heroes who are less than perfect is a refreshing change of pace.

please remember that the TV Show and The Book are not going to be exactly the same.

I don't mean that once she has the baby, she can't be killed b/c it deviates from the book. I'm saying that she becomes a mother with a small child and engenders a lot more audience sympathy. If the baby doesn't die, then what? Who cares for it?

She had the baby before she was killed in the comic. The baby died too. :gossip: