• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

1. I think Carol is fine.

2. The fact that they didn't show us a dead Laurie makes me hm

3. Killing her this early really guts the emotional kick of any prison confrontation with the Gov. ala issue #48. Kinda pisses me off.

4. I am most pissed at what he's doing to Andrea. She's a rock in the comic, always has been. WTF? is this "sleeping with the enemy" BS? Also, she spills the beans faster than a Bush's truck overturned on the freeway.

5. Loved the reference by the Gov. "It's just me and my daughter now." and the airhead Andrea doesn't stop to think in all this time she's never seen this guy's daughter.

1. Me too.

2. Yep, I'm thinking she may still be alive and Carl didn't shoot her. Maybe Carol found her and is working on her.

3. Yep.

4. She's kind of just a slut in the TV show.

5. Yeah, that was lame, but she probably had cack on her mind.

I agree with what you said about gutting the emotion except keep in mind that they baby is still there. They must survive for the baby. :)

That was Rick's "Saving Private Ryan" Moment.

It reminded me of when Tom Hanks fails to kill the German Machine Gunner early in the film, only to be mortally wounded by him later on. If he would have just taken him out he would not have been around to shoot him in the chest.

One miserable little imp caused so much havoc. Oh well, they had to go somehow.

Plus...

If Lori didn't get shot, she would've bled to death for sure. She's gone, bro. :(

Oscar seems to be shaping up to be "Tyreese"

But i just have a feeling that Tyreese is going to still be on the show. he was just too intrical to the comic to totally blow off on the show.

You think a new character named Tyrese is going to be introduced after the prison story or in the next few episodes? I doubt it. As far as Oscar having aspects of Tyrese's character, I don't think that's going to happen either. Their skin color is all that they have in common at this point. Plus there was a huge emotional attachment to Tyrese's character when he dies in the comic. Oscar won't be able to build that kind of fan loyalty that quick. If anything Daryl has more in common with Tyrese than anyone left living (but only insofar as he's No. 2 in charge at the moment). I also don't see the cheating with Michone story happening in the comic.

That was Rick's "Saving Private Ryan" Moment.

It reminded me of when Tom Hanks fails to kill the German Machine Gunner early in the film, only to be mortally wounded by him later on. If he would have just taken him out he would not have been around to shoot him in the chest.

"Earn this Private Carl... Earn it"

But i just have a feeling that Tyreese is going to still be on the show. he was just too intrical to the comic to totally blow off on the show.

I've always seen Daryl as Tyreese. His relationship with Rick and Carol seems to somewhat line up with the comic. Plus having the gov kill him would be good tv.

Just read some spoilers by accident...not sure how legit they are but you've been warned.

T-Dawg dies saving Carol and Lori dies after Maggie performs a C-Section and Carl is the one to put her down with a bullet

Damn spot on spoiler avoid the Facebook page...some schmo there posted all this earlier today without tagging.

I've always seen Daryl as Tyreese. His relationship with Rick and Carol seems to somewhat line up with the comic. Plus having the gov kill him would be good tv.

Killing the most popular character on the show would probably end in an eventual ratings disaster. If anything the show should do what the comic dared not and had Rick be killed at the end of the prison storyline.

Killing the most popular character on the show would probably end in an eventual ratings disaster. If anything the show should do what the comic dared not and had Rick be killed at the end of the prison storyline.

Whatever you do, don't suggest that Daryl should be introduced in the comic ... if you do a few members will suffer massive strokes at the suggestion. I agree that he's super popular and that it's doubtful that show runners will execute him, but I do see Merle getting wacked by the Governor. I thin they set that up in today's episode.

Wow really? I feel completely the opposite.

Daryl to me was a pointless character. Tyreese added toughness, muscle, and grit with his drama with Rick.

Daryl to me was pretty lackluster.

I am glad he is dead now and off the show.

Daryl to me was a pointless character. Tyreese added toughness, muscle, and grit with his drama with Rick.

Are you thinking of Dale?

He's thinking of Dale or T-Dog for sure.

Sorry I messed up I mean T-dog, guy who died tonight.

My bad, and yes I agree with what you are saying now/ :foryou:

When I read the comic, Tyreese's death shocked me. He was a main character and Rick's right hand man. If they try to re-create that scene Darly is the logical choice.

Or.............. they could use Andrea. I still think bad things from the Gov are heading her way. Either rape or cutting her head off in an attempt to get into the prison. 2c