• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

So do you guys think.....

Lori is really dead or do you think she is alive so the real death of her and IMO Shane's baby ( :insane: ) will happen later?

Oscar seems to be shaping up to be "Tyreese"

But i just have a feeling that Tyreese is going to still be on the show. he was just too intrical to the comic to totally blow off on the show.

I've always seen Daryl as Tyreese. His relationship with Rick and Carol seems to somewhat line up with the comic. Plus having the gov kill him would be good tv.

Killing the most popular character on the show would probably end in an eventual ratings disaster. If anything the show should do what the comic dared not and had Rick be killed at the end of the prison storyline.

When I read the comic, Tyreese's death shocked me. He was a main character and Rick's right hand man. If they try to re-create that scene Darly is the logical choice.

Or.............. they could use Andrea. I still think bad things from the Gov are heading her way. Either rape or cutting her head off in an attempt to get into the prison. 2c

Yea maybe he tortures her instead of Michonne.

But i just have a feeling that Tyreese is going to still be on the show. he was just too intrical to the comic to totally blow off on the show.

I've always seen Daryl as Tyreese. His relationship with Rick and Carol seems to somewhat line up with the comic. Plus having the gov kill him would be good tv.

Killing the most popular character on the show would probably end in an eventual ratings disaster. If anything the show should do what the comic dared not and had Rick be killed at the end of the prison storyline.

When I read the comic, Tyreese's death shocked me. He was a main character and Rick's right hand man. If they try to re-create that scene Darly is the logical choice.

Or.............. they could use Andrea. I still think bad things from the Gov are heading her way. Either rape or cutting her head off in an attempt to get into the prison. 2c

Yea maybe he tortures her instead of Michonne.

Yeah, I've been saying that for awhile now. The audience knows her more, plus they trust the actress playing Andrea. So it makes sense. 2c

Lori is really dead or do you think she is alive so the real death of her and IMO Shane's baby ( :insane: ) will happen later?

Well...

I think Carl pulled a Morgan. Lori's going to come back as a walker.

Now, I'm interested to see if Phillip's daughter has turned and he's keeping her locked up.

Wasn't the Governor's main reason to get into the prison revenge? Right now, he has a perfect set up. Woodbury seems secure. No reason to really go after them unless he does get tortured.

Like I said, the commercial definitely infers she's dead. Where else would Rick be that Glenn would say he shouldn't be except for hovering over her corpse. The writers are clever, but I don't see how you get around that. At the same time, I don't see why they would give up such an important plot point in a commercial so who knows? What do you think about the commercial? I was convinced she was alive until the commercial. The basic rule of television and film is that no one is really dead who dies off camera.

Wasn't the Governor's main reason to get into the prison revenge? Right now, he has a perfect set up. Woodbury seems secure. No reason to really go after them unless he does get tortured.

He will and it will be Michonne.

That's possibly the most riveting moment in the entire series. No way they mess that up.

It's been 9 months since I read those issues, but my recollection was that the Governor attacked. They fended his group off. Michonne and Tyrese went back ninja style. Michonne got away and Tyrese got captured. The Governor's army came back and executed Tyrese and attacked with a tank. I may have that completely messed up so if someone who would correct the timeline, I'd appreciate it.

the chances of Lori surviving is effectively Nil given the non-sterilization of the knife and Maggie's hands. She also probably bled out.

But the odds of them not all dying from disease, infection, etc. are 0% too ... there's a substantial suspension of disbelief as far as medicine and so forth in the show. I don't know ... my mind tells me that you're 100% correct, but I'm routinely disappointed with television and film's refusal to pay adequate consultants to ensure realism in plot points.

the chances of Lori surviving is effectively Nil given the non-sterilization of the knife and Maggie's hands. She also probably bled out.

But the odds of them not all dying from disease, infection, etc. are 0% too ... there's a substantial suspension of disbelief as far as medicine and so forth in the show. I don't know ... my mind tells me that you're 100% correct, but I'm routinely disappointed with television and film's refusal to pay adequate consultants to ensure realism in plot points.

Zombie outbreak is realism?

I can see the governor raping andrea, but I also think he'll murder the baby.

I can see the Gov romancing Andrea who gets with him willingly, and he rapes Michonne like in the books.

Nah. Kirkman had a lot of complaints of racism for that in the book. No way he wants to go thru that 1,000x worse

Oh my Lord - that was worth it.

1) Lori - agree with the Morgan/Duane scenario

2) Baby must end up in the Gov's fishtank collection.

3) I reckon only Michonne leaves and Andrea,all pizzed about being left behind willingly attacks Rick and Co.

4) Merle finds and rejoins Daryl - and joins the group.

5) Oscar and Axel stay for a while - 10 eps maybe.

6) They find Carol - trouble is Lori is eating her (comic - death by Zombie)

TWD #1 has just gone up 30%!