• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Have not read the comic but as a fan of zombie movies, really have enjoyed the show. So far season 1 and 2 were better than 3 IMHO.

As much as I like the show, I have to say Kirkman really takes liberty sampling Romero's ideas from the 4 Romero dead movies. Saw the influence of the original trilogy in the first 2 seasons and now the Governor and Woodberry is very reminiscent of Land of the dead(4th installment of the dead series).

Governor equals the Dennis Hopper character who created a safe zone city he controls surrounded by walls and guards. Even the entertainment incorporating zombies and fights was done on Land. The production of the concept may be better in Walking dead but its clearly very similar.

I've never seen any of these but I guess it may be worth checking out.

Looking forward to this weeks episode!

All ideas are recycled, its what people do with them that makes it either a + or a - in my book...

I like this show....its starting to drag a bit though..glad to see they are starting to clear out the prison though (about 10 min in the show)

Anyone else notice maggies british accent becoming more and more prevalent?

Also I see Maggie becoming to victim of the governor and glad Michonne met the prison today. Midseason finale is going to rock when the time comes for it.