• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

That's pretty kool. But can't you just buy the dvd and format your TV to black and white?

Actually, yes you can. If you fiddle with the color setting you can get a close approximation to black and white.

I think Darabont is what made season 1 great and Mazzara at the helm is what made season two so eh. The last few episodes after the hiatus for season 2 picked up zombie-wise and action-wise after Mazzara heard the blowback from the fans. That's why I think season three has been so action packed. He's kind of over-correcting.

I think a new producer might be a good thing. I'm optimistic.

I agree. Looking back now season one was fantastic and real award winning stuff (shame it didn't win any) but season 2 and 3 have felt a bit cheap and no real sense of atmosphere. I think a new producer can only be a good thing.

Repetition time again by me - I think season 4 will be completely different from the comic.

Kirkman has always wanted to go another way, and the speed with with the show is catching up with the comic, probably means all comic material would be gone by Season 4 anyway.

My money is still on 'The Fightback' against the Zombies led by General Rick and Sergeant Carl.

One City at a time.

My money is on the Governor winning, killing Rick's group and the Governor becoming the new focus of the show!!!

God no!

Hey guys I was wondering something. I know that I might be late to the party. I've seen every episode and I just finished season 1 with my in-laws who've never seen it, they're only on season 3. But my question is, was it ever revealed what Jenners whispered in Rick's ear? I forgot he did that. Thanks for any info. And I believe it hasn't been revealed...... :popcorn:

Hey guys I was wondering something. I know that I might be late to the party. I've seen every episode and I just finished season 1 with my in-laws who've never seen it, they're only on season 3. But my question is, was it ever revealed what Jenners whispered in Rick's ear? I forgot he did that. Thanks for any info. And I believe it hasn't been revealed...... :popcorn:

Jenners told him that according to ancient astronaut theorists that Ancient Aliens are the reason behind the whole zombie outbreak.

32394457.jpg

Jenners told him that according to ancient astronaut theorists that Ancient Aliens are the reason behind the whole zombie outbreak.

32394457.jpg

That explains it......I thought it was caused my by forgetfulness, because I'm a dummy.

We-Are-Walking-Dead-650x487.jpg

We-Are-Walking-Dead-650x487.jpg

Thanks I wouldn't be who I am now without any of you guys....I really like that photo....what an epic spread.

Don't buy Phantom Variants - they will kill a book and ruin your wallet

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/walking-dead-why-glen-mazzara-410017

Insiders tell THR that "very protective" comic book writer Robert Kirkman was one of many who clashed with now-fired Glen Mazzara.

When a network fires two showrunners in less than 18 months from its biggest hit -- and one of the most successful franchises on television -- that is sure to make waves in Hollywood and with fans. So no matter how AMC tried to spin the Dec. 21 departure of Glen Mazzara from The Walking Dead as just one of those amicable things, insiders rolled their eyes -- especially because the network let go co-creator Frank Darabont in July 2011 and has had high-profile spats with writer-producers on its hits Mad Men and Breaking Bad.

AMC and Walking Dead comic book writer and producer Robert Kirkman were blamed for Mazzara's ouster and called out by name by showrunners Shawn Ryan (Last Resort) and Kurt Sutter (Sons of Anarchy), neither of whom is involved with Walking Dead but both of whom worked with Mazzara on Ryan's FX series The Shield. Ryan tweeted, "It's a real question now why good showrunners should sell to AMC," and Sutter followed with a tweet declaring that AMC had sent him "a gift basket filled with … broken promises and the marinated tongue used to lick Kirkman's ."

In a follow-up video posted on his website, Sutter denounced AMC for departing from a cable culture that generally allows showrunners more creative freedom than do the broadcast networks. Kirkman, he added, "is an amazing visual artist and a graphic artist [but] knows very little about TV, and the reins keep going back to him in this process, and he doesn't know how to run a show."

Several insiders confirm that Kirkman, whose detailed graphic novels form the basis of the series, is "very proprietary," as one puts it. One adds, "I believe Robert wants to maintain a certain amount of his control, and AMC needs Robert for the fan base." But despite the vitriol, some sources involved with Walking Dead say Kirkman was one of several producers on the show who had issues with Mazzara and his vision.

One source says Mazzara's shortcomings in running the series during the most recent third season became "abundantly clear … especially for the second half of the season." This source says production was shut down "several times" because of a lack of material.

Mazzara declined comment but will participate in a Jan. 11 AFI awards luncheon that will honor Walking Dead as one of 2012's top shows. The midseason finale Dec. 2 lured 10.5 million total viewers and 6.9 million in the key adults 18-to-49 demo, crushing nearly all broadcast network shows.

To date, Kirkman has responded to the criticism only with a restrained tweet: "@sutterink is brilliant and Sons is my favorite show on TV. Still, it's upsetting to see him ranting about things he knows nothing about." AMC declined comment.