• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Episode was good. Built up some more of the story. There are different paths being taken. Rick has a lot on his plate. They definitely need to develop more of Michonne. So much potential. But the story is being driven away from the comic story line....Kirkman wants this, gives him a sort of second chance to write the story a different way. Like when he said he regretted cutting Rick's hand off......Now he made Rick hallucinate.... lol

The episode was pretty lame. Hope it picks up next week.

+1

I was sadly unwhelmed. I know EVERY episode can't be a homerun, but we have been waiting for months. Plus, the last time they took a break and came back it was right in the middle of the girl in the barn debacle (why can't I remember her name this morning).

Not really sure if I care for the fact that Rick went all bat ish crazy in front of everyone at the prison. I liked the way they played it out in the comic with Carl seeing him on the phone and then Michonne catching him and understanding.

What new people are going to want to be led by crazy Rick if that is their first impression of him? Hopefully the story plays out and makes sense, but the way the episode ended has me a little worried.

I caught a few of the reruns this weekend and felt you can really see the difference with Darabont's work.

Then again, it could just be me.

I see it as well. I don't think Mazzara is terrible at what he does for a living, but I never thought he was a good fit on this show.

Is there anywhere online that you can see season 3?

I have a buddy who doesnt have cable, only Netfilx and internet and is caught up all the way to the end of season 2.

Not really sure if I care for the fact that Rick went all bat ish crazy in front of everyone at the prison. I liked the way they played it out in the comic with Carl seeing him on the phone and then Michonne catching him and understanding.

What new people are going to want to be led by crazy Rick if that is their first impression of him? Hopefully the story plays out and makes sense, but the way the episode ended has me a little worried.

Yup I thought the same thing. Pretty dumb, he has it together since he stopped using the phone and then all of a sudden just loses it like that.

Yup I thought the same thing. Pretty dumb, he has it together since he stopped using the phone and then all of a sudden just loses it like that.

It's not dumb at all. You could see it in his eyes when the baby was crying....he had this look like he was snapping.

I like the way he lost it and I think due to that he will be asked not to lead the group (for a short period of time).

My main criticism is of Michonne. I mean can she do some talking? The way she is portrayed in the show is really poor in my opinion.

Did I miss something ? Why is it epic? I thought it was dragged out , I know it sets the season off, but come on . What did I miss

well for me personally, I'm excited the show is back and I just love the build that's coming: Rick vs Governor.

Yeah it's gonna take awhile but that's what makes me want it more!

Were there lots of people missing when Andrea was doing her speech? I thought there was something around 70-80 people there, looked like only about 15. Maybe they were all in their houses.

Also seems that the Guv doesnt have enough men to take on the prison or anyone else for that matter.

MAGGIE WITH THE SNIPER ACTION!

It was nice to see Andrea run out of ammo. Though it was really stupid of her to be running and shooting at the zombie when it was already too late anyways. Save the ammo and just bash the zombies head in.

you people are spoiled. you thought that episode was boring? That must mean that you want the show to be all wrapped up by the end of season four.

This is a show, just like the book, that is about the long haul. this is not a movie where you get everything all handed to you in a few hours.

christ people, you disappoint me.

Did I miss something ? Why is it epic? I thought it was dragged out , I know it sets the season off, but come on . What did I miss

well for me personally, I'm excited the show is back and I just love the build that's coming: Rick vs Governor.

Yeah it's gonna take awhile but that's what makes me want it more!

Were there lots of people missing when Andrea was doing her speech? I thought there was something around 70-80 people there, looked like only about 15. Maybe they were all in their houses.

Also seems that the Guv doesnt have enough men to take on the prison or anyone else for that matter.

This might be a result of AMC owning everything about the show...including the Budget. You wouldn't see something like that on Breaking Bad or Mad Men.

I thought the episode was good and I love the series, but I don't want AMC and GM screwing up when tons of eyes are on this show now.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Dr. Pepper and WD contest looks awesome!!!! And you go to the season 4 premier in LA. That's what's up!!!

I immediately thought of EvilAsh with his tattoos and WD collection. (thumbs u

:blush:

(thumbs u

You should apply! With your comic collection and OA collection you'll stand out. But it's the tats that could win you the contest. 2c

you people are spoiled. you thought that episode was boring? That must mean that you want the show to be all wrapped up by the end of season four.

This is a show, just like the book, that is about the long haul. this is not a movie where you get everything all handed to you in a few hours.

+1

In terms of zombie stuff, this show is still an A+. Most zombie stuff is straight B movie quality.

There was a shootout, zombie kills, people eaten by zombies, conflict with Merle, and Rick going crazy at the end. That's a good amount of action for a TV episode. 2c

And even though the ghost/hallucination thing at the end was different from the comic it looked creepy as hell and I loved it. (thumbs u

+1

In terms of zombie stuff, this show is still an A+. Most zombie stuff is straight B movie quality.

There was a shootout, zombie kills, people eaten by zombies, conflict with Merle, and Rick going crazy at the end. That's a good amount of action for a TV episode. 2c

And even though the ghost/hallucination thing at the end was different from the comic it looked creepy as hell and I loved it. (thumbs u

christ people, you disappoint me.

+1 For both of you guys!!! I liked the episode and the whole thing for that matter. I was so excited......I want it for long haul....I love this show...No matter what happens. Everyone has their opinions...That's why we have these forums.

The episode was pretty lame. Hope it picks up next week.

+1

I was sadly unwhelmed. I know EVERY episode can't be a homerun, but we have been waiting for months. Plus, the last time they took a break and came back it was right in the middle of the girl in the barn debacle (why can't I remember her name this morning).

Sophia

That was actually Lori (the real actress) standing there... She came back for a one day shoot.

In the comic, Rick is forced to step down as leader at the prison. The same thing is happening on the show although due to different reasons. The end result is the same.