• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Ok SoT...we get you don't like it. ;)

Not that I do not like, but I am not living in "have to love it as the best show ever" like a lot of people are. ;)

Just read the LA Times article about the new episode. Sounds like Mazzara had to talk Andrew Lincoln into doing the Lori scene.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/tv/walking-dead-glen-mazzara-on-the-woman-in-white-edgar-allen-poe/#/0

Edited by awakeintheashes

haha. well, if Glen Mazzara was the prime mover on adding a ghost in a wedding dress as a cool horror touch? I can finally understand why he was fired! He tells it like it was his decision alone and he had to fight to keep it in.

but, if it just leads to a brief period where the stress gets to Rick and he steps back from leadership, like in the cmic, it will pass and we can move on.

haha. well, if Glen Mazzara was the prime mover on adding a ghost in a wedding dress as a cool horror touch? I can finally understand why he was fired! He tells it like it was his decision alone and he had to fight to keep it in.

but, if it just leads to a brief period where the stress gets to Rick and he steps back from leadership, like in the cmic, it will pass and we can move on.

I figured that it was his doing all along. I have faith that it's going to make for a great story because Lincoln is a great actor. The only thing I'm worried about is Mazzara pulling like this, making it feel hokey, and driving off all of the new fans who haven't read the comic yet.

I think for most of us the problem is we want (myself included) Kirkman and AMC to verbatim translate the comic onto screen.

Besides Rick, Carl, and Shane I think they have done a pretty bad job, and I do think having different scenarios play out on TV is cool, but so far they have kina lackluster.

For one thing since Kirkman let Shane live a lot longer it would have made more sense to have last at least to face off against the Governor.

If the Walking Dead was made for TV first and never a comic book then this show would be amazing, however for people that have followed the comic series since issue #1 the show is kinda just meh. :/

IMO the biggest problem with the show is by far that it is on AMC. I fully believe that if Kirkman could have seen into the future now knowing the show would be a success he would pushed the envelope by making the true version of this show on Showtime or even FX is better than AMC.

The Governor who is by far the Joker A-list villain is just horribly converted to screen from the comic. Again if the comic version did not exist then the TV Governor is fine, but again we have the comic to compare with.

Do I think the show is horrible? No way! Decent actors for sure. (thumbs u

However I still have not watched last night's episode and to be honest I do not look forward to the new episodes really anymore. The only time I got really excited was the end of season 2 when Michonne showed up because it had that WD #19 comic book feel to it.

I am sure the show will have a successful run for the next couple years, but unless something dramatically changes soon I am loosing interest week to week.

The other problem is Games of Thrones starts 3/31/2013 which for me that is the best show in TV in the last ten years.

Game of Thrones is what Walking Dead could have been if Kirkman signed with an R rated network. (shrug)

So is the show great or lackluster?

Since I have to compare it to the comic book so far very much lackluster.

It is Monday night and I still have yet to find the excitement to hit play on the DVR for last's night premiere. (shrug)

Sad but true.

(Will watch it tomorrow in the AM)

Unlike Game of Throns I unfortunately have lost the excitement week to week to watch it, and I do really hope something this season happens to change that.

If I was in the middle of a threeway and they both had to leave at 10:00 I still would make sure to take a break at 9:00 because the show is just that damn good :whistle:

Jim

Edited by cgcworld

I think for most of us the problem is we want (myself included) Kirkman and AMC to verbatim translate the comic onto screen.

Besides Rick, Carl, and Shane I think they have done a pretty bad job, and I do think having different scenarios play out on TV is cool, but so far they have kina lackluster.

For one thing since Kirkman let Shane live a lot longer it would have made more sense to have last at least to face off against the Governor.

If the Walking Dead was made for TV first and never a comic book then this show would be amazing, however for people that have followed the comic series since issue #1 the show is kinda just meh. :/

IMO the biggest problem with the show is by far that it is on AMC. I fully believe that if Kirkman could have seen into the future now knowing the show would be a success he would pushed the envelope by making the true version of this show on Showtime or even FX is better than AMC.

The Governor who is by far the Joker A-list villain is just horribly converted to screen from the comic. Again if the comic version did not exist then the TV Governor is fine, but again we have the comic to compare with.

Do I think the show is horrible? No way! Decent actors for sure. (thumbs u

However I still have not watched last night's episode and to be honest I do not look forward to the new episodes really anymore. The only time I got really excited was the end of season 2 when Michonne showed up because it had that WD #19 comic book feel to it.

I am sure the show will have a successful run for the next couple years, but unless something dramatically changes soon I am loosing interest week to week.

The other problem is Games of Thrones starts 3/31/2013 which for me that is the best show in TV in the last ten years.

Game of Thrones is what Walking Dead could have been if Kirkman signed with an R rated network. (shrug)

So is the show great or lackluster?

Since I have to compare it to the comic book so far very much lackluster.

It is Monday night and I still have yet to find the excitement to hit play on the DVR for last's night premiere. (shrug)

Sad but true.

(Will watch it tomorrow in the AM)

Unlike Game of Throns I unfortunately have lost the excitement week to week to watch it, and I do really hope something this season happens to change that.

If I was in the middle of a threeway and they both had to leave at 10:00 I still would make sure to take a break at 9:00 because the show is just that damn good :whistle:

Jim

lol

Many more people are watching the show than have ever read the comics... so it's not weird that they're no longer catering to the original fans. It's a nice mix of both with an occasional bone thrown to the fans. (The first visual shot of Michonne, etc.)

Edited by sckao

Many more people are watching the show than have ever read the comics... so it's not weird that they're no longer catering to the original fans. It's a nice mix of both with an occasional bone thrown to the fans. (The first visual shot of Michonne, etc.)

Agreed

Nice find bro.....I like reading reviews...Makes me happy when the person writes the review is happy.... :)

Not at all.

In the last episode before the break they show Rick have a Shane hallucination when he was in the gunfight at woodbury. The guy is teetering on the edge right now. It's time for someone else to step up for a short time until Rick becomes a bad azz again.