• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Yeah Laurie Holden gave away that it was Milton who torched the zombies on The Talking Dead. I have a feeling she got a stern talking to about giving that spoiler away today by someone at AMC or one of the producers.

I am sure we will be shown that it was Milton at some point who did this confirming it. Also I am 100% convinced Mr. Governor will be alive going into season 4 now with how the last 3 episodes have dragged way the hell out. I am guessing the finale will end on a cliff hanger of some sort.

anyone who didnt know it was milton....come on...

also...anyone else feel like....the............show........................is........................................dragging....................................................along..................................................45 min for andrea to reach the prison.............

boo.

The past 3 episodes have been dragging for me.

Well with what I have been reading and seeing, stuff like ...

the Gov survives this season

Looks like we might not see any big action shows till Season 4 premier.

C'mon guys-- we didn't really think that the major story arc of the book would be wrapped up in three episodes, did we? Tyrese hasn't even been developed yet. Lots of stuff to come, but it's just killing me we'll have to wait another year. I'm really interested to see where they go season 4.

Great villains don't come along often, and they are just starting to really get the Gov. to his really really dark side.

I would not be in a rush to get "rid of" this villain so quickly. We should be enjoying this, the build up, the descent into darkness, the reveal to the world of who he really is....let's really really love to hate this guy. It will make his inevitable demise all the more satisfying.

I'd be thrilled if this season ended with something along the lines of issue 33, and set up another season where it REALLY all goes to mess.

Great villains don't come along often, and they are just starting to really get the Gov. to his really really dark side.

I would not be in a rush to get "rid of" this villain so quickly. We should be enjoying this, the build up, the descent into darkness, the reveal to the world of who he really is....let's really really love to hate this guy. It will make his inevitable demise all the more satisfying.

I'd be thrilled if this season ended with something along the lines of issue 33, and set up another season where it REALLY all goes to mess.

Hard to enjoy the gov when you don't like the the acting/character. I think they really dropped the ball on the casting there.

My wife asked me, "why do we keep watching shows where we hate most of the main characters (the gov and Andrea) and are waiting for them to die?". Did not have an answer...

Hard to enjoy the gov when you don't like the the acting/character. I think they really dropped the ball on the casting there.

My wife asked me, "why do we keep watching shows where we hate most of the main characters (the gov and Andrea) and are waiting for them to die?". Did not have an answer...

Man, I don't know, David Morrissey is a damn fine actor, he plays charismatic, crazy, controlled, unhinged, sympathetic, and completely dark at various times through his time on the show, and all of them are totally believable. A lot of actors can do dark, and a lot can do charismatic, but not a lot of them can do both and make it work.

I am having a hard time imagining anyone else in his role, and how anyone would do better.

Who did you want to see in that role? I want to try and imagine someone else specifically.

I think the acting has been fine except for Andrea. Although this last episode was definitely the turning point from here on out for her. I think we will start to like her a lot more as she slips into her comic book role.

I'm not knocking the actor, but I'm not buying his dark and broody. There is only one actor that always pops into my head for the role:

danny-trejo.jpg

pxJdqDDl.jpg

Danny Trejo , for those not in the know.

I always thought the same way but hey, shoulda coulda, woulda. Maybe we will see him play Negan in the future?

I'm not knocking the actor, but I'm not buying his dark and broody. There is only one actor that always pops into my head for the role:

danny-trejo.jpg

pxJdqDDl.jpg

Danny Trejo , for those not in the know.

Trejo can certainly play "dark and nasty" but given his looks and given his persona cultivated over dozens of other appearances. I don't know if he can pull off 'Charismatic' which is a big part of the governor's outward persona to his people.

The governor is the politician/thug.

Maybe if this was 20-25 years ago it would work. Trejo is pushing 70, there's no way they'd be able to integrate a romantic relationship with any cast member aside from Herschel and make it believable. lol