• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

My rule of thumb has always been that if an actor/actress can create a stir in our emotions i.e. saying we hate them or love them because of what they do in their show obviously they are doing their job and clearly they are doing it in a memorable way.

For example, I hate Skylar from Breaking Bad, I mean I want that female dog dead in the show. She plays out her role spot on.

The same goes for the Gov. He started off as a "decent" guy, as the episode kept rolling out, his transformation started taking off and more and more I started disliking the Gov and want Rick & Co. to kill him already.

(now for my friends who have not read TWD book, they came to liking the Gov and saw him as a good guy, now they are in utter shock at his sociopathic ways and want him dead.)

Clearly David Morrissey is doing a fantastic role.

Did anybody who watched Talking Dead notice how Laurie Holden got pretty choked-up when talking about Andrea's relationship with Dale? It was almost like she was channeling the comic Andrea.

+1 I definitely miss Mr. moral compass sometimes.

Did anybody who watched Talking Dead notice how Laurie Holden got pretty choked-up when talking about Andrea's relationship with Dale? It was almost like she was channeling the comic Andrea.

I "get" what she's been doing with the character a hell of a lot better than I did before I heard her talk about the motivations as she and the directors saw it.

I still hate them for what they did to the comic Andrea, but if they can redeem her all will be forgiven.

I "get" what she's been doing with the character a hell of a lot better than I did before I heard her talk about the motivations as she and the directors saw it.

I still hate them for what they did to the comic Andrea, but if they can redeem her all will be forgiven.

It sounded like a lot of her interactions with the prison and even some of her lines have been cut. She said she hopes those scenes make the DVD, but who knows.

Another failure we can chalk up to GM?

Trejo can certainly play "dark and nasty" but given his looks and given his persona cultivated over dozens of other appearances. I don't know if he can pull off 'Charismatic' which is a big part of the governor's outward persona to his people.

The governor is the politician/thug.

Maybe if this was 20-25 years ago it would work. Trejo is pushing 70, there's no way they'd be able to integrate a romantic relationship with any cast member aside from Herschel and make it believable. lol

With a mug like that, Danny isn't getting anywhere without being charismatic. As far as the romance goes, I would tune in for a weekly Herschel / Danny romp!

Clearly David Morrissey is doing a fantastic role.

Agree to disagree.

Those who think the Governor will survive until next season... (He very well could... but probably not because of the toy line.)

Remember that Mazzara was responsible for the early part of this second half of Season Three. Apparently, Kirkman had a role in forcing him out either because of the series plot direction or because there were reported production slowdowns and a lack of filmable material. (I.E. The writing was still being done while they were shooting.)

Either way, I wouldn't necessarily expect next season to be that similar to this season. I suspect they'll have retooled the ending of this season as well.

I don't know the lead time for McFarlane toys but I suspect they were okayed and put into production before any late changes.

Edited by sckao

I'm not knocking the actor, but I'm not buying his dark and broody. There is only one actor that always pops into my head for the role:

danny-trejo.jpg

pxJdqDDl.jpg

Danny Trejo , for those not in the know.

I always thought the same way but hey, shoulda coulda, woulda. Maybe we will see him play Negan in the future?

I've been saying that for years. Even told Kirkman that before Gov was cast. His response was "hmmm...imteresting"

I'm not knocking the actor, but I'm not buying his dark and broody. There is only one actor that always pops into my head for the role:

danny-trejo.jpg

pxJdqDDl.jpg

I always thought the same way but hey, shoulda coulda, woulda. Maybe we will see him play Negan in the future?

I've been saying that for years. Even told Kirkman that before Gov was cast. His response was "hmmm...imteresting"

If they wait any longer to cast him as something and he'll have to play "Future Negan" in "Walkers of Future's Past" because he's already 5 years past retirement age now. lol

danny-trejo.jpg

pxJdqDDl.jpg

Unless they turn the Walking Dead into a slasher flick, I will pass.

Great villains don't come along often, and they are just starting to really get the Gov. to his really really dark side.

I would not be in a rush to get "rid of" this villain so quickly. We should be enjoying this, the build up, the descent into darkness, the reveal to the world of who he really is....let's really really love to hate this guy. It will make his inevitable demise all the more satisfying.

I'd be thrilled if this season ended with something along the lines of issue 33, and set up another season where it REALLY all goes to mess.

I am enjoying seeing The Governor actually go over the edge into being completely crazy. On the show, most of his motivations could have been deemed "reasonable" given the situation. What we see in the comics is the finished psycho. Now we get to see him venture further and further into crazy land and I dig it.

I 100% hope he makes it through this season as I think he is a good actor and they can bring him to what he was in the comics. He isn't there yet.

Great villains don't come along often, and they are just starting to really get the Gov. to his really really dark side.

I would not be in a rush to get "rid of" this villain so quickly. We should be enjoying this, the build up, the descent into darkness, the reveal to the world of who he really is....let's really really love to hate this guy. It will make his inevitable demise all the more satisfying.

I'd be thrilled if this season ended with something along the lines of issue 33, and set up another season where it REALLY all goes to mess.

I am enjoying seeing The Governor actually go over the edge into being completely crazy. On the show, most of his motivations could have been deemed "reasonable" given the situation. What we see in the comics is the finished psycho. Now we get to see him venture further and further into crazy land and I dig it.

I 100% hope he makes it through this season as I think he is a good actor and they can bring him to what he was in the comics. He isn't there yet.

+1

I like the TV Governor.

I am seriously starting to think that the prison arc is going to extend into Season 4. Why you ask? :gossip:

TV Series 4 action figures.... hm

Series 4 Gov Action Figure

Excellent point. Additionally,

The series begins shooting Season 4 in Senoia (the town that doubles as Woodbury) this May. I don't think the Governor arc is anywhere close to being over this season.

I think the TV governor is a great and realistic representation of how an actual psychopath would play out. He's a little too smooth talking Bill-Clinton-like for my liking, but that's his most deadly quality, too.

I love the TV Gov. So much better than the one from the comics/Road to Woodbury books. Even like him more than Rick at times, he seems a bit more reasonable.

I actually think the other guy from Dusk Till Dawn could have been a decent Governor.

sexmachine_zps1c90c9eb.jpeg

Watch where you're pointing that thing!

Oh and this is what pops into my head when I think of From Dusk Till Dawn.

From_Dusk_Till_Dawn_5.jpg

I actually think the other guy from Dusk Till Dawn could have been a decent Governor.

sexmachine_zps1c90c9eb.jpeg

Tom Savini! The master of Zombie make up and who did the original Dawn of the Dead make up.

He isn't much of an actor but his make up was great