• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I think the TV governor is a great and realistic representation of how an actual psychopath would play out. He's a little too smooth talking Bill-Clinton-like for my liking, but that's his most deadly quality, too.

I love the TV Gov. So much better than the one from the comics/Road to Woodbury books. Even like him more than Rick at times, he seems a bit more reasonable.

That's how I feel as well. I never read Road to Woodbury (so maybe I missed some good backstory), and it's been a long time since I read the Governor/Woodbury arc from the books, but the comic Gov always seemed to me to just be some wacko nutjob. I never understood why a bunch of people would follow him. The TV Gov is more believable to me. Charming on the outside, but dark beneath the surface. The comic Gov was outwardly psycho.

I think the TV governor is a great and realistic representation of how an actual psychopath would play out. He's a little too smooth talking Bill-Clinton-like for my liking, but that's his most deadly quality, too.

I love the TV Gov. So much better than the one from the comics/Road to Woodbury books. Even like him more than Rick at times, he seems a bit more reasonable.

That's how I feel as well. I never read Road to Woodbury (so maybe I missed some good backstory), and it's been a long time since I read the Governor/Woodbury arc from the books, but the comic Gov always seemed to me to just be some wacko nutjob. I never understood why a bunch of people would follow him. The TV Gov is more believable to me. Charming on the outside, but dark beneath the surface. The comic Gov was outwardly psycho.

True, in the comic he descends into extreme violence almost immediately and, seemingly, without provocation.

It's pretty cool that the Governor has this back story and evolution of character going on; so many times are villains nothing more than cardboard cutouts and props for the protagonists.

Looking forward to the last two episodes for this season, and the rest of the Woodbury/prison story arc next season. I'm in no hurry to see this come to a resolution.

(thumbs u

Has anybody else seen the production still of A certain cast member who won't make it to season 4 today?

Whuuuuuuuuh? I'm scared.

Rumor has it that Shane doesn't make it. :ohnoez:

Has anybody else seen the production still of A certain cast member who won't make it to season 4 today?

No, but now I'm curious.

:gossip:

I heard that in season three

:eek:

Lori Dies

Re: The Gov.

When the season started, I complained that the Gov was not dark enough.

Now, I see they were doing the slow burn, which is pretty awesome IMHO.

My mail lady said to me, "you're a comic guy, right? Do you watch The Walking Dead?"

"YEP!"

"It's awesome isn't it!?"

"YEP!"

"That Gov. is crazy isn't he!?"

"YEP!"

I gave her a copy of TWD #1 image first and now I think she's going to order the compendium one. That's cool to me...