• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

that was a mess!

4 different stories trying to fit into 45 minutes & the ending was WEAK beyond belief

Not picking on you, but I meant to ask this earlier and forgot.

For people that thought the episode sucked, what would have made it "great"?

Not killing off Andrea just as her character was developing so nicely. (shrug)

Governor hunting down Andrea was the best episode of the entire series hands down IMO.

Season 3 should have ended with Andrea (she escapes without that bite) rejoining the Rick and others with a pre-battle warmup against the Governor. Governor loses the battle, but captures Michonne.

Rick calls a meeting says to group, "We need to prepare for a war."

Governor ends the season with Michonne tied up in the torture chair. He closes the door with an evil smile on his face.

Season 3 ends with Walking Dead books now in more demand than ever.

(sigh) If Game of Thrones was a comic book first like Walking Dead was then that issue of #1 would be selling at 5K in CGC 9.8. I just can't get over how much better GoT is in comparison with all others shows in recent memory I have ever seen before on TV, Lost and Walking Dead are good, but pales in comparison in my eyes.

Winter is over, but last night WINTER HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN!! (evil laugh hahahaha)

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

I have to wonder - do people go into the GoT threads and complain/talk about TWD?

*sigh*

And I ask sincerely, as I don't read those threads due to the fact I don't watch GoT.

-slym

:frustrated:

Get on the ball! :baiting:

You know when one comic fan tells another comic fan a good comic book they should read right? Same applies here. I was never a fan of medieval fiction such as LOTR, but once I listened to another comic book fan and gave GoT a go its was pure viewing pleasure. Never a dull moment or filler episode.

Okay okay back to WD......

Obviously I am huge Walking Dead fan, but not sure how anybody who is a fan can possibly defend how terrible this seasons last episode was on Sunday night.

Lackluster comes to mind. I was extremely excited for this episode considering the last three weeks episodes were some of the best written & directed episodes of the entire series. I just expected something to keep the water cooler talks going till Season 4. I can't think of anything from that episode to have my imagination pondering till then. (shrug) Andrea's death is by far the stupidest move Kirkman has done so far on the TV show.

Season 3's Last scene should have been this.

(sub in Governor capturing Miichonne)

That would have sparked water cooler talk to October 2013. :preach:

Good episode, but for a season finale it fails.

The 16th episode of season three of The Walking dead generated no excitement going forward.

I miss the anxiety, and anticipation for the next episode, things I expect from a good season finale, sadly they are absent.

The show will survive and thrive, I'm sure, in spite of this missed opportunity.

hm

Edited by MediumLover

(sigh) If Game of Thrones was a comic book first like Walking Dead was then that issue of #1 would be selling at 5K in CGC 9.8. I just can't get over how much better GoT is in comparison with all others shows in recent memory I have ever seen before on TV, Lost and Walking Dead are good, but pales in comparison in my eyes.

Winter is over, but last night WINTER HAS ONLY JUST BEGUN!! (evil laugh hahahaha)

This x 1,000,000

So much negativity...I loved the show. I'm sad it's gone for months...

Each season has had some episodes better than another. Some were okay and others were great. Season 2 also had some okay parts. But the show is so much fun and I just don't want to rip it apart like some do.

that was a mess!

4 different stories trying to fit into 45 minutes & the ending was WEAK beyond belief

It was IMO just too forced & trying to cram so much into one episode.

The Governer bit was almost as if they realised they didn't have enough time for the

plot they wanted to use so just changed it and

shot his own group

They were trying to fit in Andreas story, The Governors story, Ricks group story, the people left at Woodburys story, trying to show how hardened / evil Carl has become.

It was just too much for one episode.

On top of that when the Governor

secured the prison but forgot to check what was behind the plainly visible upper level barricades

doh!

and to actually answer your question...

"what would have made it "great"?"

anything apart from what they showed

(sigh) If Game of Thrones was a comic book first like Walking Dead was then that issue of #1 would be selling at 5K in CGC 9.8.

The lettered edition sets (ltd to 52) of the A Song of Ice and Fire novels that the show is based on have sold as high as $15K and numbered sets (ltd to 500 i believe) routinely move in the $5K range.

So...yep.

Then don't watch anymore

+1 But everyone has there own opinion, that's what the threads are for. But I got your back on this one. I liked it a lot. Whatever happens, happens. Just like the other WD thread about people not liking what Robs doing with Ezekiel. People are always going to try and wanna re-write the story how they seem fit, instead of just reading the story and taking it for what it is. Your own opinion matters. Yeah of course Rob & AMC "could" of done things differently, but didn't they want to go a new path? It's fun and exciting, there are good parts and there are bad parts, but all in all it's The Walking Dead!!

Guest Grails
Then don't watch anymore

Why, when most of us posting here are fans of the show? Are we only allowed to say good things about every episode?

that was a mess!

Not killing off Andrea just as her character was developing so nicely. (shrug)

Governor hunting down Andrea was the best episode of the entire series hands down IMO.

Season 3 should have ended with Andrea (she escapes without that bite) rejoining the Rick and others with a pre-battle warmup against the Governor. Governor loses the battle, but captures Michonne.

Rick calls a meeting says to group, "We need to prepare for a war."

Governor ends the season with Michonne tied up in the torture chair. He closes the door with an evil smile on his face.

Season 3 ends with Walking Dead books now in more demand than ever.

So the finale would have been great if everything that happened the week before with Andrea and the Governor would have happened the same way during the finale, except with Michonne now in Andrea's place? You described last week's episode almost exactly how it happened to Andrea...

Andrea escaped and tried to make it to the prison.

The governor got her.

Rick told his group to prepare for a war.

It ended with the Governor having Andrea tied up in the torture chair.

that was a mess!

It was IMO just too forced & trying to cram so much into one episode.

The Governer bit was almost as if they realised they didn't have enough time for the

plot they wanted to use so just changed it and

shot his own group

They were trying to fit in Andreas story, The Governors story, Ricks group story, the people left at Woodburys story, trying to show how hardened / evil Carl has become.

It was just too much for one episode.

On top of that when the Governor

secured the prison but forgot to check what was behind the plainly visible upper level barricades

doh!

and to actually answer your question...

"what would have made it "great"?"

anything apart from what they showed

Here's the thing, the show is its own entity, separate and distinct from the books.

It took Lori dying the way she did and the way they did it for me to personally let go of the comics as some sort of blueprint for the show and to let my expectations for the series go and to give what the show creators are doing a chance as its own distinct narrative.

It's sort of an alternate WD universe. The people are there but the story is going to be its own and each slight change alters that universe more and more.

They used the books as a jumping off point to tell their own story and to have their own themes running through them. In season 3 the theme was about "doing it alone" vs. "needing to work and live together". The push/pull of those two ideas...of trust vs distance...ran like a thread through every episode and that's what was tied together and wrapped up at season's end.

The people producing this show aren't looking at the books and saying "we have to end on issue #33 or #42 or #48" they are putting together believable human drama and examining, in excruciating detail, what human beings go through internally and externally in such circumstances.

The zombies and the end of the world are simply a staging point for a larger morality play. That morality play is what makes the Walking Dead compelling. It's not specific plot points or that a character lives or dies, it's what those characters live or die FOR.

Rick trusted no one, pushed everyone away, to his increasing detriment. The Governor kept only what he could use and destroyed everything else. Carl began to become more like the Governor. Andrea gave her life, in Rick's presence, trying to forward the idea of coming together, trusting, and not killing each other.

We see Rick's epiphany through the prism of the sacrifices of Merle, Milton, and Andrea where he realized that "You can't do it alone."

It's a powerful narrative, if you let it be, and if you don't enslave yourself to expectations of a comic book story that hasn't been relevant to the story lines of this show since season one.

And we don't know the real reason why Andrea was killed off. Perhaps she was tired of it or she has a new project to go to.

It would have been cool to see here escape as there seems to be a small group remaining from the original camp group. But at the same time, it was an interesting plot development to see her not being able to survive and be bitten by the Governer's trapping.