• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Finally watched the repeat last night, had a anniversary dinner to attend, and here's my thoughts...

What was Michonne looking for? I do believe it's the water. Rick's "hand" wasn't bandaged like in the poster, which means whatever happens to his hand hasn't happened yet. I'm thinking he had an accident off the show, or it happened while filming. I loved the walkers falling through the roof. The gore was awesome!! The zombies in this are really good this season. They are building characters, just like discussed in previous interviews. I give it an A+..... Still what was Michonne looking for?

The Governor. I believe Daryl said Why are you still looking for him. Can't remember if it was in the episode or next weeks preview?

Oh ok. Thanks

Edited by retrothecollector

The kid in the shower had symptoms of a hemmorhagic fever (Ebola), however the pig dying shows signs of influenza. Possibly the "Doctor" that greeted daryl at the beginning is the culprit who managed to combine a flu and hemmorhagic virus together? One thing that irritates me though is the small things like the helicopter, that is not a n American military helo.

1. Thanks to everyone for keeping the discussion in spoiler tags. I appreciate it!

2. I can believe I fell asleep last night before the show started. lol

Jim is a loser for falling asleep BEFORE watching TWD :baiting:lol

Well, I read THAT spoiler...jerk lol

But you are right :sorry:

From another WD thread:

I thought episode one of the new season was pretty good. I was pretty underwhelmed with season 3 so I came into this episode with lower expectations than previous years.

One thing I had a question about, maybe I missed it I don't know.

Why is Rick suddenly anti-gun? Did something happen last season that I forgot about, did I miss something in this episode that wasn't obvious? Between the opening scene where he finds the 1911 in the dirt and not wanting to take the Python when he goes out, I just didn't understand where this was coming from. Did mayors against illegal guns start funding the show or something?

My serious response (but, do check the modern & water cooler threads for TWD discussions in progress :grin:) is that:

(1) Rick may be tired of killing, hence not wanting to carry a gun

(2) Rick could have been/is suicidal, hence the parallel with the woman in the woods who commits suicide, possibly mirroring Rick's thoughts

(3) Carl shot someone in cold blood last season. Maybe Rick wants his son to live in a world without guns being flashed everyday (and why the knife lessons were being done in secret in the library).

Just a few theories...

I noticed Rick didn't finish the crazy lady off. Wonder if that'll come back to bite him :kidaround:? Also, I want to see what she had under that burlap cover in the campsite!

Her husband. Well...what was left. I believe it was only his head

This virus is pretty much the cleaned up TV version for the be-headings that were happening when the group first got to the prison in the comics. It will help set up for tension between Rick and the counsel and eventually the throwdown between Rick and Tyreese at the mid-season finale.

It's swine flu, or something similar. The pig died from it, the bleeding eye zombie at the gate had it, the Harry Potter kid picked it up somehow and promptly contaminated a barrel full of drinking water with it. Herschel will recognize it for what it is as a veterinarian/farmer, and the group will have to deal with it. Lots of burning bodies I imagine, the water supply will have to be drained and started over, there will probably be some kind of medicine that they don't have on hand that there will be a run to try to get some of it (who will be the Otis and who the Shane on this run??).

Not sure that the infection is being introduced by an "enemy agent" as some seem to think. I didn't see any evidence of that plotline apart from fan speculation. Did I miss something that alluded to it?

Michonne is going to head down to the Macon on her quest to find and finish off the governor once and for all.

Oh, and as if the swine flu outbreak wasn't enough, they've got Harry Zomber roaming the tombs with no one aware yet.

I thought it was a great first episode for the season, can't wait to see more!

I kind of thought the woman in the woods was going to lead Rick to some cannibals, but I guess they're saving that for later.

TAINTED MEAT!!!! :roflmao: Gotta love Dale, may he RIP.

It's swine flu, or something similar. The pig died from it, the bleeding eye zombie at the gate had it, the Harry Potter kid picked it up somehow and promptly contaminated a barrel full of drinking water with it. Herschel will recognize it for what it is as a veterinarian/farmer, and the group will have to deal with it. Lots of burning bodies I imagine, the water supply will have to be drained and started over, there will probably be some kind of medicine that they don't have on hand that there will be a run to try to get some of it (who will be the Otis and who the Shane on this run??).

Not sure that the infection is being introduced by an "enemy agent" as some seem to think. I didn't see any evidence of that plotline apart from fan speculation. Did I miss something that alluded to it?

Michonne is going to head down to the Macon on her quest to find and finish off the governor once and for all.

Oh, and as if the swine flu outbreak wasn't enough, they've got Harry Zomber roaming the tombs with no one aware yet.

I kind of thought the woman in the woods was going to lead Rick to some cannibals, but I guess they're saving that for later.

The clip that was shown on Talking Dead hinted

that it was being introduced by an enemy agent

Thought the same thing too!

Uhhhh it must be just me because this was the first season I was not excited for the TWD season to kick off.

Last night's episode I felt it was the same old they get in their vehicles to find food only to have a random breakdown in their efforts and a non-important character dies. (shrug)

I think if I didn't read the comic I would enjoy this show more, but I feel the show and the comic are just so vastly different I can't enjoy the show as much anymore.

It's like Kirkman made his mark in life by shocking you all the time in the comic and now on the TV show he is playing it safe and regurgitating the same formula that makes him no different than any of the other TV shows ever made. Season 4 is not looking any different from last season or the one before.

Again I guess I am in the minority here cause it seems most you guys are still really enjoying the show, but I almost fell asleep watching it last night. :sorry:

Besides season 2's ender with Michonne appearing in what I would call a cool comic book style scene all the other story-lines they tried to adapt from the comic book series were very lackluster. Killing Lori any other way from that which she died in the comic was the first sign to me that Kirkman was going to screw up the Prison arc and IMO he did very badly.

I noticed Rick didn't finish the crazy lady off. Wonder if that'll come back to bite him :kidaround:? Also, I want to see what she had under that burlap cover in the campsite!

Her husband. Well...what was left. I believe it was only his head

Agreed!

-slym

Uhhhh it must be just me because this was the first season I was not excited for the TWD season to kick off.

Last night's episode I felt it was the same old they get in their vehicles to find food only to have a random breakdown in their efforts and a non-important character dies. (shrug)

I think if I didn't read the comic I would enjoy this show more, but I feel the show and the comic are just so vastly different I can't enjoy the show as much anymore.

It's like Kirkman made his mark in life by shocking you all the time in the comic and now on the TV show he is playing it safe and regurgitating the same formula that makes him no different than any of the other TV shows ever made. Season 4 is not looking any different from last season or the one before.

Again I guess I am in the minority here cause it seems most you guys are still really enjoying the show, but I almost fell asleep watching it last night. :sorry:

Besides season 2's ender with Michonne appearing in what I would call a cool comic book style scene all the other story-lines they tried to adapt from the comic book series were very lackluster. Killing Lori any other way from that which she died in the comic was the first sign to me that Kirkman was going to screw up the Prison arc and IMO he did very badly.

Glenn Mazzara had a huge part in screwing things up/not following through on potential, IMO

What I think is happening:

My guess is that whomever is betraying the group, is luring zombies to the fence in order to take their eyes to contaminate the food and water supplies.

With something other than the zombie virus? Cause they're all already infected, remember.

What I think is happening:

My guess is that whomever is betraying the group, is luring zombies to the fence in order to take their eyes to contaminate the food and water supplies.

With something other than the zombie virus? Cause they're all already infected, remember.

Not only death, but also the fluid exchange activates the virus? Perhaps, like a bite, consuming the fluids from a zombie eye, may convert you. It took Patrick 24 hours to change, just like a bite.

The best thing this show could have done was to diverge from the comic book. There is no comic book that translates literally to the screen in all aspects. Frankly, I was getting tired of "waiting for X" to happen. To me the show is now fresh and exciting and the consequences of actions are all a brand new set of unknowns.

The WD universe is ripe for all new stories that are unfettered with following comic continuity. The characters from the book can exist, live, and die in a completely new way without the writers having to cram the round peg of a comic story into the square hole of a TV show.

We get something entirely new. That's a good thing.

There is a teaser commercial that shows them doing this

Edited by nikocb