• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Thinking back on the episode we had some wonderful set ups for this season and some great revelations and well written scenes.

1) Michonne's back story, revealing her motivations, history, and character evolution in a way we've never seen before.

2) Carl's evolution, feeling he can do anything, to blaming his father for failing, to his hurbris almost getting himself killed, to the realization that it's not so easy, that he does need his father, that no one is perfect, and (especially in this world) people need each other.

3) The sense of safety and security that some people complained about in the last season is gone. The characters are laid low, scattered, on the run, low on food, water, shelter and weapons. The danger level is exponentially increased across the board. There was a real sense of suspense and danger in last night's episode.

For anyone that didn't enjoy it, I would like to hear what they would have done differently to make it "better". I'd also suggest that, instead of looking past the scenes they are watching, they think about what the characters are saying and doing and why. People miss so much of the meat of these shows "waiting for X to happen" instead of immersing themselves into the narrative.

To paraphrase the Beatles: "The Walking Dead is what happens while you're waiting for 'your" Walking Dead to occur."

For me this is spot on!

I really enjoyed this episode and may be one of my favorites.

I like chocolate pudding

This may predate many people on this board but as he sat there with his pudding all I could think of was that skit from The State....$240 Dollars Worth of Pudding.

The One Lesson Hollywood Should be Learning from The Walking Dead - Forbes

Great article that illustrates why the show continues to succeed. It also speaks to how we've been trained to watch television shows, which may shed light on why some people disliked last night's episode.

http://www.canada.com/entertainment/Olympics+Sunday+ratings+gold+over+Walking+Dead+Beatles+50th/9490864/story.html

Don't think this was mentioned.

Second highest ever ratings for TWD last night with 2 other major things on at the same time.

"One clear cultural difference: Nielsen says 'The Walking Dead' was mentioned in 1.2 million tweets, while the Beatles special hit 260,000 tweets."

I like chocolate pudding

This may predate many people on this board but as he sat there with his pudding all I could think of was that skit from The State....$240 Dollars Worth of Pudding.

I LOVED The State!

There was a mini-reunion on Chris Hardwick's new show on Comedy Central, @Midnight, a week or so ago.

I didn't make any comments last night, but

(1) Carl got humbled a little bit with his foolishness and realized he needs people

(2) It was good to see Carl and Michonne cry because it humanized and sensitized them in a world where they have gotten away from both

(3) The Hershal head moment was an eye opener

(4) The Michonne nightmare was trippy weird (and cool)

(5) If Michonne had a baby, that makes her even more of a tragic hero than in the books

(6) One thing I liked was how close they used the source material (issue #49) for this episode

(7) One thing I didn't like was how they ignored the other group members, but I know why they did. I was just waiting to see what was up with them

(8) Pudding from a old can must be gross

(9) I wonder why the walkers didn't camouflage Michonne this time

(10) The last scene with the knock on the door was cool.

All in all... another great episode.

Great article that illustrates why the show continues to succeed. It also speaks to how we've been trained to watch television shows, which may shed light on why some people disliked last night's episode.

Great post, thanks for sharing. I thought last night's episode was great. (thumbs u

Great post, thanks for sharing. I thought last night's episode was great. (thumbs u

That episode for me to date was and is the best of the series. Absolutely incredible story telling.

Remember “Clear,” that amazing Walking Dead episode from season three that featured Lennie James delivering a career defining performance? Remember who was in that episode? It was Rick, Carl and Michonne, that’s it. And every time you thought the episode was finally going to cut back to the camp – as that’s how viewers have been trained to watch ensemble series – it never did. We spent an entire episode with a fraction of the cast and it ended up being the best episode of the series to date.

(1) Carl got humbled a little bit with his foolishness and realized he needs people

(2) It was good to see Carl and Michonne cry because it humanized and sensitized them in a world where they have gotten away from both

(5) If Michonne had a baby, that makes her even more of a tragic hero than in the books

(6) One thing I liked was how close they used the source material (issue #49) for this episode

(7) One thing I didn't like was how they ignored the other group members, but I know why they did. I was just waiting to see what was up with them

(9) They did camouflage Michonne. She just couldn't take it anymore and went bezerker. Would you like to suck my *spoon* Berzerker!

@ #9 did anyone see where they went, they just disappeared. She didn't have the ropes in her hand

@ #9 did anyone see where they went, they just disappeared. She didn't have the ropes in her hand

hm Dammit .......now I got to go back and see

Really guys? She drops the rope and let's them hang while she decapitates all the others, THEN she cuts their heads off. They are the last to go.

Really guys? She drops the rope and let's them hang while she decapitates all the others, THEN she cuts their heads off. They are the last to go.

:pullhair: poor grammer,spelling and now memory lose :sorry: