• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Only if they die with some kind of brain trauma

I was wondering about the family in the pink bedroom from a couple weeks ago, it was hard to tell what was going on there.

The mother killed the family then blew her brains out. (shrug)

Wasn't that supposed to be a startling moment of sorts for Michonne. That the mother loved her family too much to have them suffer the horrors that were coming so she killed them and herself. Whereas Michonne presumably did not kill her child or her loved ones. Michonne laments and wishes that she had the "courage" to do do what this woman had done. hm

Only if they die with some kind of brain trauma

I was wondering about the family in the pink bedroom from a couple weeks ago, it was hard to tell what was going on there.

Wasn't that supposed to be a startling moment of sorts for Michonne. That the mother loved her family too much to have them suffer the horrors that were coming so she killed them and herself. Whereas Michonne presumably did not kill her child or her loved ones. Michonne laments and wishes that she had the "courage" to do do what this woman had done. hm

Yeah that was the whole point of the scene, but I found it to be unclear as to how the family members in the beds had died.

Question to all the Walking Dead enthusiasts in here...is Andrew Lincoln (Rick) signed beyond this season or does his contract run year to year?

It seems like unless Kirkman actually kills Rick in the comic sometime soon then the whole show is hinged on how long Lincoln decides he wants to portray the character. Yeah, they will pay him handsomely I'm sure, but eventually actors do feel the need to move on...

Question to all the Walking Dead enthusiasts in here...is Andrew Lincoln (Rick) signed beyond this season or does his contract run year to year?

It seems like unless Kirkman actually kills Rick in the comic sometime soon then the whole show is hinged on how long Lincoln decides he wants to portray the character. Yeah, they will pay him handsomely I'm sure, but eventually actors do feel the need to move on...

Nah.. They can kill off Rick and Carl can stumble upon "Uncle Jack" like they did on Land of the Lost. (thumbs u

So, I realized last night that there are two things from the first half of this season that have yet to be resolved.

1. Who was feeding the rats to the walkers? Lizzie?

2. Who was on the radio station Daryl came across before they met the herd?

I thought the episode was pretty good. Still think that sometimes they have the characters doing some pretty stupid things though (burning down the cabin at night, why would you do that?).

I liked the very beginning though when they had to hide in the trunk.

It's good to get to know the characters better. Makes it that much more horrifying when they do end up getting killed/turned.

That moonshine must've been pretty weak. It didn't really seem to affect either of them much.

I didn't see any signs of head trauma on the family members laying in bed, and it seems like there were a lot of dead bodies in the country club that had not turned either. It's not like they had turned and eventually rotted to second death because the hanged upper class were still zombing from their nooses. Something to think about perhaps.

I distinctly remember a view of the back of the mother's head with a large exit wound near the top & back of the skull, plus I found these pics - notice the bloodstains either on the wall or beneath the heads on the bed:

http://gauchedujour.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/wpid-deadbed.jpg

http://beyondpaisley.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/img_0022.jpg

(pardon, large image files)

-slym

I thought the episode was pretty good. Still think that sometimes they have the characters doing some pretty stupid things though (burning down the cabin at night, why would you do that?).

I liked the very beginning though when they had to hide in the trunk.

It's good to get to know the characters better. Makes it that much more horrifying when they do end up getting killed/turned.

That moonshine must've been pretty weak. It didn't really seem to affect either of them much.

One thing that I appreciated about the episode was the fact that we finally got to see two characters getting sick of each other. It's something that is bound to happen in real life when you are stuck with someone for a prolonged period of time. I've almost killed my brother and sister a few times on road trips.