• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

I think the driver was DAVIDSON!!

The driver was Negan!

The season will end with Glenn's brain chunks stuck in Lucille

(thumbs u

:insane:

Is it really too much to ask to not have comic spoilers here in this thread? Haven't we discussed this before?

I do agree the Gov actually looked surprised the truck was coming through the gate....I rewatched it a few times now.

Listen everyone "THE GOV" knew the truck was going to go through the fence. READ THIS

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/episodes/season-3/home#episode-details-1021974

" Rick's group runs for cover as the Governor and his men attack. Gunfire erupts on both sides. A bread truck comes crashing through the prison gate and stops in the yard. The Governor smiles as the back door opens and walkers stream out. The Governor drives off as the survivors struggle with the dead.

Well, I'm convinced. No, wait. I'm not. Explain how this summary proves in any way that he knew the van was coming? I'm not saying he didn't. It seems more likely that he did. But what you quoted does nothing to prove it.

I do agree the Gov actually looked surprised the truck was coming through the gate....I rewatched it a few times now.

Listen everyone "THE GOV" knew the truck was going to go through the fence. READ THIS

http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/episodes/season-3/home#episode-details-1021974

" Rick's group runs for cover as the Governor and his men attack. Gunfire erupts on both sides. A bread truck comes crashing through the prison gate and stops in the yard. The Governor smiles as the back door opens and walkers stream out. The Governor drives off as the survivors struggle with the dead.

Well, I'm convinced. No, wait. I'm not. Explain how this summary proves in any way that he knew the van was coming? I'm not saying he didn't. It seems more likely that he did. But what you quoted does nothing to prove it.

That's true, that quote itself does nothing to prove that point. Rereading it, he's just happy to see what's happening. He did have a bit of a Hannibal Smith "I love it when a plan comes together." look on his face though.

The existence of the van, the timing of the attack, and the lack of any sort of surprise, shock, or reaction on the governor's face as it drives up does that without any plot summary needed.

It's funny to see some of the alternative theories out there that are so far outside the realm of reason.

That's true, that quote itself does nothing to prove that point. Rereading it, he's just happy to see what's happening. He did have a bit of a Hannibal Smith "I love it when a plan comes together." look on his face though.

The existence of the van, the timing of the attack, and the lack of any sort of surprise, shock, or reaction on the governor's face as it drives up does that without any plot summary needed.

It's funny to see some of the alternative theories out there that are so far outside the realm of reason.

I'm thinking it was an independent delivery company trying to take over the reins since the USPS, Fed Ex, USPS, & DHL are no longer available. The driver/girl was lost and ran into a crazy Glenn on the highway and Glenn assumed she was from Woodbury and started chasing her so she got lost trying to escape from him and ended up at the prison. She freaked out because of the shootout that she let her cargo of zombies out to distract everyone from trying to shoot at her. hm

I'm thinking it was an independent delivery company trying to take over the reins since the USPS, Fed Ex, USPS, & DHL are no longer available. The driver/girl was lost and ran into a crazy Glenn on the highway and Glenn assumed she was from Woodbury and started chasing her so she got lost trying to escape from him and ended up at the prison. She freaked out because of the shootout that she let her cargo of zombies out to distract everyone from trying to shoot at her. hm

She forgot to get someone to sign for them. :ohnoez:

She forgot to get someone to sign for them. :ohnoez:

Yea I think it's going to come out of her next paycheck. :tonofbricks:

Ok well then read this.....

http://www.eonline.com/news/389170/the-walking-dead-recap-siege-at-the-prison?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories

"The Governor Strikes Back: Remember how Morrissey was just telling us how dangerous the Governor is because he's a man with nothing to lose? He wasn't kiddin'. Just when things are looking kinda peaceful, you know, for a prison, the Gov rolls up and starts picking people off with a gun. Axel (Lew Temple) gets shot in the head right in front of Carol (Melissa McBride). One of the Governor's goons crashes a truck through the prison gates and unleashes a clown car full of zombies. Carol gets pinned down but gets a rescue via Maggie's fantastic talent with a gun. And just when things are looking really, really bleak, we get a bona fide Han Solo moment courtesy of the Dixon brothers, who show up and even the odds."

I didn't quote anything it's from AMC website...And this one is from eonline website....Not my quote

Edited by retrothecollector

I looked at the video again to see if the "pants and shoes" of the driver give anything away.

Nothing.

Still don't think the gov. knew about it.

Still think it could be Andrea, but am prepared for the storm when it's not. lol

If he didn't know about it don't you think he would have, at least, turned his gun towards it?

Ok well then read this.....

http://www.eonline.com/news/389170/the-walking-dead-recap-siege-at-the-prison?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories

"The Governor Strikes Back: Remember how Morrissey was just telling us how dangerous the Governor is because he's a man with nothing to lose? He wasn't kiddin'. Just when things are looking kinda peaceful, you know, for a prison, the Gov rolls up and starts picking people off with a gun. Axel (Lew Temple) gets shot in the head right in front of Carol (Melissa McBride). One of the Governor's goons crashes a truck through the prison gates and unleashes a clown car full of zombies. Carol gets pinned down but gets a rescue via Maggie's fantastic talent with a gun. And just when things are looking really, really bleak, we get a bona fide Han Solo moment courtesy of the Dixon brothers, who show up and even the odds."

I didn't quote anything it's from AMC website...And this one is from eonline website....Not my quote

My point is not that it isn't one of his people or that he didn't know about it before. Chances are, he did. It's the simplest explanation. My point that you can't be certain based on either his reaction in the episode or the summaries you're quoting. That one from E! is even more useless, IMHO. At least an argument could be made for the A&E one being an "official" summary. But it doesn't weigh in on the issue.

Here's more... http://www.fearnet.com/news/review/tv-recap-walking-dead-episode-310-home

"Back at the prison, Carol and Axel are fortifying the fences when Axel drops dead. The prison is under attack, by humans with guns. Carol takes cover beneath Axel’s body, Hershel drops to the ground, Carl starts shooting, and even Rick returns from the land of nonsense to join the firefight. And just who is firing? The Governor, or course. Bullets rain down on both sides, but then the Governor stops shooting - to watch the show. An ice cream truck rams through the prison gates and rests in the yard. The back opens... and walkers flood out, followed by a Woodbury denizen in full body armor, firing as he goes. The Governor laughs as the prison folk turn their attention to the walkers. Michonne starts beheading them; Glenn shows up to find mess meeting fan; and the Dixons roll in with weapons blazing - even Merle.

When the dust settles and the Governor leaves, the body count consists of Axel, the truck driver, and several dozen walkers. The prison still has one standing fence around it, but the safety nets are gone."

Edited by retrothecollector

Another..... http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/bal-the-walking-dead-recap-episode-310-home-20130217,0,872285.story?page=2

"The architecture of aggression

The Governor's attack on the prison involves some guy dressed up in a ninja costume hauling through the gates in the truck from the Coal Chamber album cover. Then they release a bunch of zombies out of the back.

Well I don't think that was such an awesome plan. All the people inside the prison are already used to killing zombies pretty easily, so it's more of just a nuisance. If they really wanted to cause trouble they should have taped guns to the zombies hands or put more soldiers in the back of the truck."

Why would 3 different sites say the same thing? Did you ever consider that? I will find more....before next Sunday....
Keep finding all you want. Unless it's someone from the show with inside knowledge, it's conjecture based on what we all watched in the episode. Nothing more. People could just as easily quote this thread for proof that the driver was Andrea. Doesn't make it so. Continuing to try to convince me with summaries from reviewers or fan sites is a waste of your time.

why are we supposed to care who was driving the truck?

are we supposed to be confused whether the governor knew about the truck or was it just sloppy storytelling?

Figured it out.. It was Penny's sister. Big Penny