• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Well, I am really enjoying the show, but I do think the editing felt more sloppy and the narrative more erratic in this episode than in previous ones. I don't think it's people's imaginations or that they're being nitpicky.

I also thought it was weird that the status of Tyreese's group wasn't addressed.

I didn't see the scars on Darryl's back initally because my eyes focused on the tattoos. I was like. "WTF, his dad made him get tats?." Only rewinding it did I get it.

In rewinding it I noticed that the tats jumped to the other side of his back when he walked away. Some else mention the gov's eyepatch switching sides. Somebody is supposed to catch those things.

I also wasn't sure if the Gov was surprised by the van or not. It wasn't clear. If it was supposed to be deliberately ambiguous, then cool it worked, but I can't imagine why that would be.

I do think we were supposed to focus on the van driver, but i never saw what happened to her. Did one of those descriptions say she was shot? I rewinded to see where she went but couldn't tell. My first thought was that we were supposed to think it could be Andrea but it's actually the woman on the wall (Carmen? Karen?).

Anytime I'm forced to rewind to figure out what they were trying to do that's problematic. When I have to do it more than once in an episode something's not right.

It just felt like there were some minor editing kinks this episode. Not a big deal, but I don't think people are way out in left field in pointing them out.

Hopefully things will be smoother in future episodes and the transition to a new show runner will go well.

Well, I am really enjoying the show, but I do think the editing felt more sloppy and the narrative more erratic in this episode than in previous ones. I don't think it's people's imaginations or that they're being nitpicky.

I also thought it was weird that the status of Tyreese's group wasn't addressed.

I didn't see the scars on Darryl's back initally because my eyes focused on the tattoos. I was like. "WTF, his dad made him get tats?." Only rewinding it did I get it.

In rewinding it I noticed that the tats jumped to the other side of his back when he walked away. Some else mention the gov's eyepatch switching sides. Somebody is supposed to catch those things.

I also wasn't sure if the Gov was surprised by the van or not. It wasn't clear. If it was supposed to be deliberately ambiguous, then cool it worked, but I can't imagine why that would be.

I do think we were supposed to focus on the van driver, but i never saw what happened to her. Did one of those descriptions say she was shot? I rewinded to see where she went but couldn't tell. My first thought was that we were supposed to think it could be Andrea but it's actually the woman on the wall (Carmen? Karen?).

Anytime I'm forced to rewind to figure out what they were trying to do that's problematic. When I have to do it more than once in an episode something's not right.

It just felt like there were some minor editing kinks this episode. Not a big deal, but I don't think people are way out in left field in pointing them out.

Hopefully things will be smoother in future episodes and the transition to a new show runner will go well.

Norman Reedus' tats are real.

The tats still moved from one side to the other. (shrug)

Maybe they flipped the walking away scene for some reason.

The tats still moved from one side to the other. (shrug)

Maybe they flipped the walking away scene for some reason.

Yeah, most likely they flipped the film. He's got the tats in real life and they've been shown a few films he's been in.

The governor eye wound thing is him staring into a mirror in the next episode.

Why didn't the zombie delivery truck smash through the inner gates on the prison and drop off the zombies?

This is why I thought it was Andrea. Causing what she knew would be easily handled damage, and she'd be able to get there and in without being thought of by the Governor.

I could be in left field as well of course...just the first thing that entered my mind when the scene aired.

Why didn't the zombie delivery truck smash through the inner gates on the prison and drop off the zombies?

This is why I thought it was Andrea. Causing what she knew would be easily handled damage, and she'd be able to get there and in without being thought of by the Governor.

I could be in left field as well of course...just the first thing that entered my mind when the scene aired.

If it was a strategy it was probably for the driver to survive long enough to drop the drawbridge on the back of the truck. Stopping short of driving directly at the folks with automatic weapons would have the driver survive and complete the goal of releasing the walkers.

Good theory, but Andrea has never seen the prison. How would she know this?

Ok I just watched the episode again. And I may have found something. Here's the link to watch it free

Governor watches truck come, smirks. Truck crashes through the fence. Truck stops. Nothing happens for a bit. Trailer ramp comes down and walkers start rolling out. Driver (which looks like a female) of zombie truck comes out the side gate and shoots at Michonne. Rick tries to aim at driver and gun has no bullets. Driver shoots at Michonne again, as they are running past her and the tipped over bus and heads for the front of the prison where they drove in. Shoot out continues. Maggie shoots guard tower goon dead. Governor shoots walker then gets in his truck and drives to the front of the prison and STOPS.(Probably to pick up the mystery "driver".) Look at the brake lights of the truck and you can hear it slow down and stop. Then drives off and passes Glenn. I have posted pictures. Here....

Screenshot2013-02-21at83140PM_zps7b4f5363.png

Screenshot2013-02-21at83146PM_zps3d65c202.png

Screenshot2013-02-21at83200PM_zps26f88c8d.png

Screenshot2013-02-21at83354PM_zps975ea965.png

Screenshot2013-02-21at83457PM_zpsba1dd749.png

Screenshot2013-02-21at83714PM_zps2ae1c736.png

Screenshot2013-02-21at83747PM_zps2118b722.png

Its probably me - but I reckon the 'van driver' deliberately missed Michonne, I mean how could she miss from 3 feet with a gun set to automatic?

Thats what made me think it was Andrea.

As for finding the prison - if she took the van and the drivers 'armour' then the driver would have told her.

Either way, any show that keeps people talking is 200% awesome in my book!

Proving what again? It looks like you just reiterated what we knew.

I'm proving that the Gov did know about the truck coming. Because TO ME it looks like he stopped at the front of the prison to pick up the mystery driver. And NO people don't KNOW or we wouldn't be talking about who the mystery driver is and if the Gov knew about it or not. DUH!

Just a thought as to her motive. Maybe she wanted to know where the prison was located and this was the only way.

It's not a secret. It's a prison, it would be on every map and atlas.

She wouldn't need to strap on body armor, fill a truck with walkers, and drive through the front gates and open fire on them just to find out where the prison is.

Just a thought as to her motive. Maybe she wanted to know where the prison was located and this was the only way.

And sabotage the prison and potentially kill some of the people she knew and was friendly with? Doubt it.

I'm staying out of this thread until the next episode airs. Why you guys are still debating this is beyond me. If anything, I'm surprised that no one is "examining" why the truck was able to crash through the gate so easily. :shrug:

lol