• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Everyone knows Terminus is a cannibal colony. Such big billboards everywhere but when you get there...you find vegetable gardens and a lone person working a grill! Shoot her in the face I say! There should be a ton more people with all the hype.

This was my thoughts too. And I hope I'm wrong... but

I hope Beth has not just come off the grill they showed when Glenn & Co. walked in and they are serving her to everyone. That would be incredibly shocking and I fear incredibly likely.

Well, they've set up "Joe" (leader of the "claimed" group) as the anti-Rick. His comments right before Len is beaten, about "like a cop", in a derogatory way, was entirely intentional. As were the "nothing sadder than an outside cat that thinks he's an inside cat" talk.

So we're heading for a showdown of Sgt. Barnes vs. Sgt. Elias proportions for Daryl's soul between those two.

The moment of Daryl contemplating covering the body with a sheet and then declining to do so showed the inner conflict between these two group, two philosophies, two sides to Daryl.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the two groups meet and he has to choose between saving and killing Rick.

Also, that Uzi is going to get Rick in trouble.

I haven't caught up yet until tonight... I don't think we will see conflict with another big group like that before the safe zone. Feels way too fast and too soon.

Just small groups it looks like....4-5 people.

Well, they've set up "Joe" (leader of the "claimed" group) as the anti-Rick. His comments right before Len is beaten, about "like a cop", in a derogatory way, was entirely intentional. As were the "nothing sadder than an outside cat that thinks he's an inside cat" talk.

So we're heading for a showdown of Sgt. Barnes vs. Sgt. Elias proportions for Daryl's soul between those two.

The moment of Daryl contemplating covering the body with a sheet and then declining to do so showed the inner conflict between these two group, two philosophies, two sides to Daryl.

It will be interesting to see what happens when the two groups meet and he has to choose between saving and killing Rick.

Also, that Uzi is going to get Rick in trouble.

Part of me thinks that Joe planted the rabbit head himself and was looking for a way to get rid of Len in order to gain Daryl's trust. He put Daryl in a no-lose situation. Why would Daryl ever admit to taking the rabbit if he didn't do it, and Joe clearly knew Daryl didn't do it so Daryl being a liar wasn't even tested.

I think we're going to, and have already seen, Daryl become more embedded with the group. It started with the blanket like you said, then the "claimed" strawberry. I think he's going to have to make choice between groups soon.

I think you are right about all of the above. I do think it would be pretty weak writing though for him to have a true conflict when faced with a decision between the two groups. After all he has been through with the other group to just turn against them for no reason. I just don't see it. They may make a big deal of him making the decision but of course he will pick Rick's group. I just hope it is not one of those decisions that makes him die in the progress.

I would have a hard time believing that Daryl would feel conflicted about which group to choose. He has only been with the "Hunters" for a few days, right? I could see him being conflicted for maybe a second, considering who he was before Rick's group and how the "Hunters" are more like that and remind him of his brother.

I would have a hard time believing that Daryl would feel conflicted about which group to choose. He has only been with the "Hunters" for a few days, right? I could see him being conflicted for maybe a second, considering who he was before Rick's group and how the "Hunters" are more like that and remind him of his brother.

+1 he will definitely side with the group I saw this coming as soon as he joined the hunters. Thisnext one will be aamazing.

I think you are right about all of the above. I do think it would be pretty weak writing though for him to have a true conflict when faced with a decision between the two groups. After all he has been through with the other group to just turn against them for no reason. I just don't see it. They may make a big deal of him making the decision but of course he will pick Rick's group. I just hope it is not one of those decisions that makes him die in the progress.

It is pretty weak for this not to be a longer play but then every series has filler episodes dotted around here and there. Dixon brother choosing the wrong side and then later having to redeem themselves, sounds familiar?

I thought the "claimed" strawberry was more of him thinking of Beth. (shrug)

It definitely makes sense of him being forced to pick sides at some point. But there's no way he chooses this group.

I thought Daryl claimed the strawberry in order to distract everyone from the candy bar wrapper that michonne and carl had shared. It was right in the same area as the strawberry. The guy saying "hey look at this" was Daryl's cue to "claim", distract and keep them moving without focusing on the wrapper.

(shrug)

WHOA

image_zpsbcccf72e.jpg

Kudos to ThoseBackPages for tweeting this

Good catch indeed!!

I remembered the sunflowers, but didn't remember the portrait. Hmmm... looks like she is the face of the new threat to Rick and co. Based on what was done to her portrait, someone really hates her; we'll hafta wait and see why...

WHOA

image_zpsbcccf72e.jpg

Kudos to ThoseBackPages for tweeting this

Good catch indeed!!

I remembered the sunflowers, but didn't remember the portrait. Hmmm... looks like she is the face of the new threat to Rick and co. Based on what was done to her portrait, someone really hates her; we'll hafta wait and see why...

cannibalism_o_716308.jpg

I thought the "claimed" strawberry was more of him thinking of Beth. (shrug)

It definitely makes sense of him being forced to pick sides at some point. But there's no way he chooses this group.

I thought Daryl claimed the strawberry in order to distract everyone from the candy bar wrapper that michonne and carl had shared. It was right in the same area as the strawberry. The guy saying "hey look at this" was Daryl's cue to "claim", distract and keep them moving without focusing on the wrapper.

(shrug)

doh! Ok, that's a better evaluation of that scene. Makes sense. (thumbs u